Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2016, 01:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
Hi guyssssss!
So in the end I bought one! A green Bashan storm 229 cc...
Now before I take it home I just need to make an insurance. Can someone here recommend a insurance company in Utah for someone who doesn't have an American license? I have a international license. And I will want to ride this bike out of Utah.. So the insurance has to be for all states.. Don't know nothing about this... Please help
Ohh and another question- what does it mean when it says "demo" before the bikes name...?
I bought it for 2100 $ after tax.. Was more expensive than I thought but I think it's the right bike for me so I got it. Just need to insure it and bring it to my house
Congratulations.

I suggest you contact several insurance agents. They will tell you everything you need to know, including the price of insurance. Any insurance you purchase will be good throughout the entire United States of America.

I also suggest you contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). They will tell you what you need to know regarding your license, and the legalities of riding a motorcycle in the United States. Even if yourinternational license is good, you will still need a motorcycle endorsement to legally ride a motorcycle in the United States.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-26-2016, 10:15 AM   #17

Congratulations, Evelyn!

I hope that you will share your adventure with us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-27-2016, 12:22 AM   #18

Road it home today in the freezing cold (planned to get there in the light but i did a mistake navigating - im pretty new here, so it took me 3 hours instaid of 1)

It ran perfectly, the engine turned of sometimes at stops i guess because of the cold.

do you think it maybe was too much for the first run? (i didnt pass 40 MPH - 65 KPH)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1760.jpg (97.1 KB, 210 views)

Old 01-27-2016, 12:57 AM   #19

Good for you. Thanks for posting the photo; your bike looks great.

No, you didn't harm the engine traveling at those speeds. The bike might have stalled because the idle speed is set too low.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-27-2016, 11:01 AM   #20

Lovely bike!

I think you should change the oil before riding it again. Who knows what was in it. Most of us use 15W40 oil that was originally intended for diesels; Rotella is a good choice, and it's cheap at Walmart.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-02-2016, 10:39 PM   #21

thanx again you all
one more question - today i tried out the remote for starting the engine, worked fine but i didn't understand how do i turn the engine off after…?

Old 02-03-2016, 07:53 AM   #22

Congratulations! Don't forget to leave your bike in neutral due to the remote starting--people here have left theirs in gear, remote started it, and of course, it fell over!

Change the oil!

As far as "demo"--it means the bike was used for testing by potential purchasers. Arguably, the price is a little high, so make sure the bike is perfect before you leave on any trip--they owe you a perfect bike in my opinion. What was the price on the non-demo bikes?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
thanx again you all
one more question - today i tried out the remote for starting the engine, worked fine but i didn't understand how do i turn the engine off after…?
Your bike looks great, and it seems to be a good fit for you. I hope you enjoy it.

I bought my bike used, and it didn't come with the remote, so I don't know the answer. I presume that you can shut it off with the kill switch on the handlebar, but I'm not sure.

How did you shut it off?

Old 02-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #24

Thanks for posting the new photos. I agree with Weld; the bike fits you well. ;tup:

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #25

shoes,boots!

Evelyn, do go get you a more substantial set of footwear not the full height motocross stuff, but some kind of boot you can comfortably walk around in and look suitably stylish tennis shoes are about as good of protection as sox if something happens. also when you get around to travel luggage, go soft saddle bags or or something similar. I cant tell you how many "adventure" riders have broken ankles,feet and shins from stabbing a foot down for balace, and getting it caught between the road/trail/surface and the bottom of a set of hard paniers, it isn't pretty and will ruin your day and most likely the next few months!

PS, i like the look of your bike!,a fast green one
and just wondering?you aren't a sabra by any chance are you?
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 02-04-2016, 08:45 PM   #26

Thumbs Up

I'm not riding with those shues hehe just took it out for a short spin... It's way too cold for me to ride these days, after what I've gone threw bringing the bike here I'm for sure waiting for it to get warmer before I take a serious ride on it again heheh... What is "sabra" ? U mean native Israeli? No, was born in the states but lived in Israel since 1995. I baught the bike new, I found out why he wrote demo and it was just because that's how he could advertise it on ksl web page... How did I turn it off? Just let it turn off after a minute from the cold :( I hope that ain't bad for it but I didn't know what else to do... Thanks for the advice everybody

Old 02-04-2016, 11:12 PM   #27

Yes , native Israeli and a bit more was what I meant. I was there for the six day war, but enough of that.
Now since your bike is new, I want. U to read as much of this board as you can about dualpurpose threads, the Bashan threads and the hawk threads. Read especially about breakin procedures, things to prep/service, and care advice. Good to do while u can't ride anyway. The point being to really know your new bike and how to care for it, especially since U plan to really travel on it.
Though not entirely plug and play, if taken care of well, ur Bashan will safely and pleasantly take you a long,long, way. good luck
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 02-05-2016, 11:46 AM   #28

Evelyn, I suspect that if you put the key in the ignition and then turn it on, you can kill the engine with the kill switch. Please let us know if that works.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:05 PM   #29

Seeratlas, yes that's exactly what I'm trying to do now, learn about the breakin.. I'm happy to hear from u u think it's gonna take me a long way if I take care of it of course hehe. That makes me calm
Weldangrid, tried to turn in off with the key but it didn't work.. In the user manual it says u turn it off from the remote.. Strange it didn't work but I'll try again.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #30

Hi , welcome back to the states, nice bike I would go through and check the bolts for any that may have worked loose during test rides. This will take a bit of time but then you will know everything is good. I say get some gloves , decent ones , if you fall over you will understand. Same with boots , riding pants and helmet. I would always ride on the premise that cars don't see you. American drivers don't seem to pay attention and focus on there phones.Not trying to scare you , I would rather see you on here than on the news under bad circumstances. I love to chat with people that come from different backgrounds as I, so feel free to ask away.

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!