Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2009, 01:58 PM   #16

Thanks again for your prompt reply!

I thought all 110cc chinese engine parts are interchangeable aren't they?

I search ebay for gaskets and it only listed as 110cc gasket and never mention lifan or loncin, I know these honda clone engine are mainly manufacture by them but how to tell which is lifan or loncin?

The engine looks identical to my mini hummer the pnly difference is it has a top mount starter and both is unbranded (at least on the outside) to show who is the maker.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcamno
Thanks again for your prompt reply!

I thought all 110cc chinese engine parts are interchangeable aren't they?

I search ebay for gaskets and it only listed as 110cc gasket and never mention lifan or loncin, I know these honda clone engine are mainly manufacture by them but how to tell which is lifan or loncin?

The engine looks identical to my mini hummer the pnly difference is it has a top mount starter and both is unbranded (at least on the outside) to show who is the maker.
See I would 'think' they should be interchangeable...but since I've never seen two apart I can't be sure.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #18

Thank again for your reply!

Have you ever take one of these 110cc engine apart?

I have watched this video

and would like to know how to align the cam to the sprocker when put it back together?

I know you have to set it to TDC before removal but what holding the cam to the head? What about the rocker arms I think I don't need to remove those if I am just sending the head to the shop to re-thread the spark plug hole,right?

Old 08-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Thank again for your reply!

Have you ever take one of these 110cc engine apart?

I have watched this video

and would like to know how to align the cam to the sprocker when put it back together?

I know you have to set it to TDC before removal but what holding the cam to the head? What about the rocker arms I think I don't need to remove those if I am just sending the head to the shop to re-thread the spark plug hole,right?
Hey chap, I've never had one of these motors apart, but seen one or two car engines apart in my day.

The cam appears to be inside fully enclosed journals. It is bored through a mainline with no caps, it just slides in, and is held probably with some covers or caps, possibly even a type of frost plug. It appears from the video he lines up the sprocket with dowels, which shouldn't allow the sprocket to go on in the wrong spot, just line up the marks as he's shown.

The rockers shouldn't be in the way of the spark plug repair.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:27 PM   #20

Thanks again Turbo T,

I think I will tackle this mission after the school started so I can spend our last week of summer prior instead of going crazy scratching my head after the engine is apart (you know what I mean if you have a six years old around you while you are working) :mrgreen:

I might have to order the head gasket before hand so this definitely needs some planning ahead of time.

I will keep you posted on the progress and again thank you so much for all your help!

Cheers

Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Thanks again Turbo T,

I think I will tackle this mission after the school started so I can spend our last week of summer prior instead of going crazy scratching my head after the engine is apart (you know what I mean if you have a six years old around you while you are working) :mrgreen:

I might have to order the head gasket before hand so this definitely needs some planning ahead of time.

I will keep you posted on the progress and again thank you so much for all your help!

Cheers
I don't think it will be too bad. My suggestion would be to take pictures of every step as you disassemble, that was you can have reference points when re-assembling. Depending on the shop on the thread repair, they may send the head through a jet wash cleaning machine, so ensure you oil up the rockers, springs and the like when putting back together. From looking at that video, you may even be able to leave the cam in place.

It does look like a P.R.I.C.K. to re and re valves and rockers, so I'd avoid the new head idea.

..and no problem on helping, lots of others have helped me here it's what it is all about.

..and yes, I have a 7 an 5 year old running off my with my tools regularly when I'm doing things on the quads.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:52 PM   #22

The chinese atv have universal parts. The best thing would be to compare with your other 110cc.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:17 PM   #23

Thank Turbo T and Yozalo for your help and advice!

I will work on it when I get a chance and will post my findings.

Cheers to everyone and have a great day!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:50 PM   #24

Heh, I live in Toronto too.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozalo
Heh, I live in Toronto too.
Good to hear from someone locally!

I am just curious to know why the front wheel on this raptor / racer style is much wider than the rear axle?

The axle width is about the same for the front and rear on the mini hummer but I noticed that most racer style atv has much wider front wheel any particular reason for it?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #26

I think that extra width emulates a genuine Raptor, which is designed for racing. The track width in the front provides really stable handling at high cornering speeds, unlike a utility quad. Not sure why the rear track is narrower, but I appreciate it; if I can get the front wheels of our beast through the trees, the rears will certainly follow.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I think that extra width emulates a genuine Raptor, which is designed for racing. The track width in the front provides really stable handling at high cornering speeds, unlike a utility quad. Not sure why the rear track is narrower, but I appreciate it; if I can get the front wheels of our beast through the trees, the rears will certainly follow.
Thanks for your post!

Not sure if it relevant or not but I know if the front track is wider than the back thus induce oversteering may be manufacturer purposely want those racer style quad to slide (drift) sideway a little bit on the course when its pushed to the limit.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #28

That sounds like what I was trying to say, only better.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #29

Thanks for your post again!

Its nice to have someone support my thinking

Cheers and have a great day!

Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #30

The plug looks like the harness end for the left controls on the handle bars.