Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2020, 01:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonkieee View Post
Hey, idk if you got it to run but try this and let me know

-Remove the gas cap and then put it back on, then see if it starts.
If you look a few messages up I went through what was wrong with it, and stated that it ran fine after everything was installed back on the bike.

The gas tank outlet was welded completely shut. There was no hole for the gas to leave the bottom of the tank..

I had to drill it out and rinse out the tank before putting it back on the bike.

I went back and forth with the company and they argued with me about how their "parts guys" said that couldn't be it and I should check the vent hose.... after I sent them a damn picture of the whole bike taken apart and a picture of the inside of the tank. I replied with a lengthy and very strongly worded email about how they owe me a gas tank that doesn't have a DIY hole drilled in the bottom of the tank and then they ghosted me.

Old 05-06-2020, 04:14 PM   #17

You definitely should out the the dealer on this thread, or on the 'dealers' section or the 'review' section so others won't have to deal with potential customer services issues, and you get a little satisfaction.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-08-2021, 04:52 PM   #18

Well almost a year later the dealer responded to my emails for the second time and sent me a replacement tank, that was at the beginning of May. I still havent taken it out of the box, beyond checking to verify it wasn't welded shut. I am planning on doing the swap soon so maybe I'll record the event or something. Either way I thought I would at least put a follow-up on this thread.

Tags
vader 125, won't start