Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2018, 10:53 AM   #16

How does it sounds now?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-26-2018, 11:00 AM   #17

it sounds pretty kewl! but not as obnoxiously loud as i wanted and expected from the aggressive look of the pipe. i have zero experience in exhaust, should i knock off this baffle screen(i know i can cut it off, but what is the tube thing behind it? baffle tube? i dont see a way to remove it by bolt or weld. how are they removed?
Attachment 12380

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
it sounds pretty kewl! but not as obnoxiously loud as i wanted and expected from the aggressive look of the pipe. i have zero experience in exhaust, please advise if i should remove this baffle thing, it is an exhaust made for 50cc honda z50 stock or big bore. and not worried about messing up my carb settings as i havent finalized the settings yet.
If you remove the baffles, it should be a bit louder. I would use a wire and poke it through first to make sure that it is just a baffle and to "see" what is actually in there.

If it is just a plate with holes in it, then should be fine. Though I don't know what affect it will have. May be a little louder.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #19

I'm surprised that there's no bolt that secures the baffle. My next guess is that it was spot-welded in and then the weld was ground down before chrome plating. If you can find the spot weld, you could drill it out. You could then remove the baffle, tap the baffle housing with threads and then secure it with a stainless bolt. Depends how much you like risk.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'm surprised that there's no bolt that secures the baffle. My next guess is that it was spot-welded in and then the weld was ground down before chrome plating. If you can find the spot weld, you could drill it out. You could then remove the baffle, tap the baffle housing with threads and then secure it with a stainless bolt. Depends how much you like risk.
at the very least i will cut that baffle screen off. maybe just maybe a clue resides behind it.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #21

i now see why peeps want a 5spd

i can get this thing up to 55mph gps speed pretty quickly(i myself weigh 200lb and realy look like a gorilla on it). that being said...if there were another gear, i truly think it would reach above 60mph . is my only option for 60+mph is a completely different engine with 5speed bc engine can do it as a 125cc? i am running 17t 428 front, stock 34t 428 rear, vm22 115 jet, and good flowing custom exhaust. i am mostly happy with this bike getting to 55mph fairly quick. credit to brisk spark plug! i would say faster to 55mph for a 125cc stock engine than expected, but always want more right? i would ride it more where i live bc most roads are 55mph getting to the places i go with no back road alternates and riding at 55 is right on the beginning of the red-line range. i would feel safe at 60 mph on this ride without riding the redline range.

Last edited by imapdog; 04-03-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:38 PM   #22

A word of caution using those bolt holes for mounting anything. Make sure the bolts you use do not bottom out when tightening. They will bust through easily. We had a member on here this has happened to.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
A word of caution using those bolt holes for mounting anything. Make sure the bolts you use do not bottom out when tightening. They will bust through easily. We had a member on here this has happened to.
thanks for looking out. i did buy two bolts just in case this would issue. i used a toothpick to measure hole depth. i think i used a 1.25" bolt when 1" was the gap using a 1" pipe spacer and two rubber washers. i remember i used half of the depth inside the holes.....i have learned that working on cars.......very good point though!

Old 04-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
i can get this thing up to 55mph gps speed pretty quickly(i myself weigh 200lb and realy look like a gorilla on it). that being said...if there were another gear, i truly think it would reach above 60mph . is my only option for 60+mph is a completely different engine with 5speed bc engine can do it as a 125cc? i am running 17t 428 front, stock 34t 428 rear, vm22 115 jet, and good flowing custom exhaust. i am mostly happy with this bike getting to 55mph fairly quick. credit to brisk spark plug! i would say faster to 55mph for a 125cc stock engine than expected, but always want more right? i would ride it more where i live bc most roads are 55mph getting to the places i go with no back road alternates and riding at 55 is right on the beginning of the red-line range. i would feel safe at 60 mph on this ride without riding the redline range.
Does this match your countershaft sprocket?

Name:  JTF253.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  13.0 KB

Old 04-04-2018, 11:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Does this match your countershaft sprocket?

Attachment 12518
yes, it will mount on the shaft, but my 17t 428 is maxed out in the overall diameter measurement for fitting. not sure of the 16t 420 diameter measurement.....

Old 04-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #26

Is it maxed out because of the cover? If so, how do you feel about running without the cover?

Old 04-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Is it maxed out because of the cover? If so, how do you feel about running without the cover?
i am not 100% sure. i will take a peek tonight. and some pics. i do know that pushing the bike backwards moving around in shop i hear chain barely clanking sometimes on the tail end of cover at bottom.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:32 AM   #28

x20 stock 14t 428 and now 17t 428

i didnt get a chance to capture pic with chain on, but i dont think its possibe for any more room than the 17t 428 already takes up.
Attachment 12539
Attachment 12540

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #29

How are you liking the carb you got off amazon? I see it listed as a 26 but is it actually 24?
Was it all plug and play or did you have to get anything else besides that?
I’m looking at getting it for a taotao hellcat. I’m guessing it’s the same as the Mikuni ones?

Old 04-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
How are you liking the carb you got off amazon? I see it listed as a 26 but is it actually 24?
Was it all plug and play or did you have to get anything else besides that?
I’m looking at getting it for a taotao hellcat. I’m guessing it’s the same as the Mikuni ones?

not sure what the kit is selling now but mine was a mikuni vm22. being 26mm measurement at venturi and 22mm out into intake manifold. no extras needed. all needed was included except desired jets. i like these mikuni carbs.