Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2022, 02:09 AM   #16

Thanks for the info! I made a mistake! I was going by the literature instead of actually looking at the chain which is clearly marked 520! I’ll leave as is.

I was riding today and the front suspension is awful! Any ideas for replacements or where to get better springs? just learning as I go lol
Just trying to see if anybody knows the measurements without me having to take the shock off the bike.

Old 04-12-2022, 04:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jban123 View Post

I have more photos in my album... not sure how to share it.
I love the big ommmm decal. You must feel meditational when you ride.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I made a mistake! I was going by the literature instead of actually looking at the chain which is clearly marked 520! I’ll leave as is.

I was riding today and the front suspension is awful! Any ideas for replacements or where to get better springs? just learning as I go lol
Just trying to see if anybody knows the measurements without me having to take the shock off the bike.

There's very little info on this bike. As far as I know, your the first person here with it. You'll have to pull the fork apart to get spring measurements. But, it may not be the springs. Figure out how much sag you get when you sit on the bike.

Here's a video:

If you're within the range, you can probably get away with thicker fork oil.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:53 PM   #19

So update with mine, I've added a oil cooler. Got the speedo calibrator figured out and dialed in thanks to jerryhawk250, added an exhaust, did a throttle tube from an yamaha r6, and regeared from the 13t front sprocket to an 11t front. Also wired in a charging quad lock and kill switch to the battery. Bikes been doing great, although just recently it seems the fuel sending unit is acting up. If anyone knows a way to test and mess with this from other Bikes that may apply, any advice would be appreciated. Sometimes the fuel reads close to accurate, then it just starts shooting all over the place, and sometimes reads completely empty, all the while the tank is full. It all happened after adding non ethanol, 90 Octaine, and some Lucas octane booster... I'm wondering if the new fuel outside of just using regular may have made an issue, or if it's just a coincidence.

Thanks guys!

Old 04-12-2022, 12:57 PM   #20

https://photos.app.goo.gl/z9U153oLr7CXHifU6

here's mine!

Old 04-13-2022, 01:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcg914 View Post
So update with mine, I've added a oil cooler. Got the speedo calibrator figured out and dialed in thanks to jerryhawk250, added an exhaust, did a throttle tube from an yamaha r6, and regeared from the 13t front sprocket to an 11t front. Also wired in a charging quad lock and kill switch to the battery. Bikes been doing great, although just recently it seems the fuel sending unit is acting up. If anyone knows a way to test and mess with this from other Bikes that may apply, any advice would be appreciated. Sometimes the fuel reads close to accurate, then it just starts shooting all over the place, and sometimes reads completely empty, all the while the tank is full. It all happened after adding non ethanol, 90 Octaine, and some Lucas octane booster... I'm wondering if the new fuel outside of just using regular may have made an issue, or if it's just a coincidence.

Thanks guys!

OMG! Please tell me how you calibrated the speedo! Dives me a crazy! Just need the codes.

Old 04-13-2022, 01:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
There's very little info on this bike. As far as I know, your the first person here with it. You'll have to pull the fork apart to get spring measurements. But, it may not be the springs. Figure out how much sag you get when you sit on the bike.

Here's a video:

If you're within the range, you can probably get away with thicker fork oil.
Many thanks!! I’m going to tackle them soon. Defiantly useless and dangerous suspension. Just wish I had the specs so I could order real ones. Ill just have to break out the calipers and tape measure to figure it out. Just don’t feel like taking it all apart twice.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Many thanks!! I’m going to tackle them soon. Defiantly useless and dangerous suspension. Just wish I had the specs so I could order real ones. Ill just have to break out the calipers and tape measure to figure it out. Just don’t feel like taking it all apart twice.
What seems to be the problem with the front? At lot of the time, these bikes are under dampened, but sprung for someone MUCH lighter than myself (at 250 lbs). Hell, even my MT-10 in under sprung for me lol.

If it acts more like a pogo stick in the front, that's more of a dampening issue. That's where the thicker shock oil comes into play. But, another thing to check, is to see just how close the fork is to the Second gen ninja 250 or the ninja 300. If the internals are similar, you can probably use the upgraded parts for those.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:36 PM   #24

Thanks so much!! I can rebuild a car but clearly clueless about motorcycles! This is exactly why I bought this bike. To learn... The next Time I see rain for several days I will take the forks out. Definitely pogo stick and the rear shock socks as well. Maybe it won't be so bad once I fix the front. Thank you for the tip with the ninja... I know the outside looks the same but was not sure about the forks. Is there a certain way I should be measuring them to see if the are interchange? Centre to centre of the forks? It's really not about money it's more about safety so I would be willing to pay a bit more for the real deal.
Thanks again Falkon!

Old 04-13-2022, 08:40 PM   #25

Love the mirrors! Exhaust too.
You should wrap that bike before there are a lot inclusions in the paint.
It's not that hard because panels are small and easy to remove. Change the whole look for and go through some moments of frustration For $75!

Last edited by jban123; 04-13-2022 at 10:44 PM.

Old 04-13-2022, 11:04 PM   #26

You need the diameter of the fork sliders, fork tube, I'm guessing the length of both those also. Usually, I'd say to swap to the ninja fork altogether, but, you'd lose the second front brake rotor and caliper if you were to do that.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:32 AM   #27

Quote:
OMG! Please tell me how you calibrated the speedo! Dives me a crazy! Just need the codes.
So I bought a speed calibrator on ebay made by 12 9 clock labs, and wired it in. There are videos showing how to program and install it and it works great. I'll take a photo of my wiring as that was a struggle to figure out and I'd imagine we have the same cable colors as we have the same bike.

So anyone have info on how to test oil pressure? The light came on during my last ride, oil level is good and clean, might try an oil change to thicker oil. I'm just wondering hoe to test pressure and how to test sensor as part of me thi KS it may be a faulty sensor as my fuel level sensor seems to have cropped out already as well.

Old 08-16-2022, 05:13 AM   #28

Doh! I need help with rear sprocket on my 2021 Venom Superbike

All I know is that it's 520 36 tooth
According to an email I got from them
Also they lied on their page about the bike
having a pre-installed 17 tooth upgrade
I recently opened my bike up and saw I had
a 13 tooth front sprocket not 17 as they advertised
They said I would need a 38 tooth 520 rear
But the one on the bike is 520 36

Old 08-16-2022, 05:16 AM   #29

Do you know where I can get the rear sprocket that will actually fit