Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #16

It may be that there are some holes or a hole on the left end of the "bearing carrier" (as I just found out the name for it) which are concealed by the rear sprocket. If they are there, I may be able to get to them/it and put a big allen key in it to turn the eccentric bearing carrier to tighten the chain. I will check on it tomorrow.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 05-06-2010, 02:08 AM   #17

Thanks for the photos, the eccentric is a neat concept.

I did a quick Google search on the Honda version, and it seems that the mid-eighties ATC had the same setup. Here's hoping that the carrier has the notches you need. The info I found said it might accomodate a large allen wrench or a screwdriver.

If not, I'd try a rubber strap wrench around the center.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #18

Yeah, what was i thinking, turning the nut will let the axle turn and not the axle housing, is the rear brake caliper mount attached to the axle housing?, if so maybe with the brakes applied you will be able to turn that nut and rotate the axle housing.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #19

I found the hole to adjust the chain between the sprocket and the bearing housing. It is located in the side of the eccentric portion of the bearing chassis.
Ok, now that we know it's there and how to turn that bearing housing and tighten the chain, we still can't do it that way as the sprocket doesn't have any holes in it for access. If I ever need to take off the sprocket, I will be drilling some access holes in it, in the mean time I will try the oil filter wrench with the rubber strap method.

Now about that grease fitting....any suggestions?
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:21 PM   #20

I haven't seen one of those rear axles dismantled, so I can only guess. I'd take it apart and check the existing bearings; are they sealed? If not, sealed bearings are usually cheap at the local bearing shop (I use Precise Bearing in Abbotsford, BC). The purpose of the zerk fitting in the rear axle of my Beast is not to lubricate the bearings (since they're sealed), but to displace water. If you ford a cold stream while the rear axle is warm, it will vacuum water in and ruin the bearings quickly.

While you have the axle apart, you could drill and tap for a zerk. It might be a good idea to install a couple of them, in case your zerk isn't accesible after you rotate the eccentric housing.

BTW, I'd recommend drilling a couple of opposing holes in the sprocket, in an effort to keep it balanced.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #21

Send a message via MSN to Nigel-Deathdieking
My gio rebel full sized 200cc

i have also recently recieved my gio rebel and the body is very difficult to assemble it is also being assembled in the winter probly does not help but another thing that is a 100% piss-off is that the front end onl has two greese nipples for the other greese thing i can't remember what they are called there those black bags thing that you fill with greese but back to the topic at hand i would like maybe sometips and tricks and maybe an actuall instruction manual in somewhat understandable to the modern man or should i say average guy that has a labour job haha but i dont really under stand why gio doesnt get that the only thing we ask for is the right parts, nothing broken and some bloody F**king instuctions not just some pictures of the total wrong angle or even wrong section of the quad tht look like they came out of printer that is either at the end of its life or was from 10,000 BC like c'mon well thnx for reading andi would love to have some replys and help!1 :D:D