Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangkokBlaster
Not getting any backfiring. I believe the main jet was 100 now that you mention it.

Ron
Yeah, on my beast with the mikuni carb, CDI, UNI air filter and the performance exhaust with the monster muffler i had to go up 4 sizes on the main to 110, the pilot went up 2 sizes to a 25 and i have the jet needle on the 4th groove from the top.
just wrote that down, for when my mikuni gets here to use as a starting point.. altho i dont have a uni filter.. still using the barrel intake but i did remove one of the three layers of filter from it.. guess i will pick up a 105, 107.5 mian, and up the pilot one size and pick up a 25 pilot for future upgrades..

waynev, was it a must to raise the needle up a notch or was that done as a "safety net" type of thing incase it was running to lean in the mid

Old 08-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #17

The clip was lowered 1 groove to the 4th from the top ( needle goes higher, richer ) because it just didn't sound right from 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, moving the clip smoothed it out, it must have been a touch lean.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #18

i would assume that the carb i ordered is the same as your, same mods as you. the tuning should roughly be the same ?

prolly wont lower the clip to start off with but will run a 107.5 main, and a size lower pilot then you.. wont up the pilot untill i get a freer flowing intake..

Old 08-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
i would assume that the carb i ordered is the same as your, same mods as you. the tuning should roughly be the same ?

prolly wont lower the clip to start off with but will run a 107.5 main, and a size lower pilot then you.. wont up the pilot untill i get a freer flowing intake..
Just to confuse you some..

Your settings may not be the same because you may be higher or lower in altitude, and you may be hotter than where Waynev is.

It's a good starting point though.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #20

I have an ATA-250 and did the same thing. As BangkokBlaster said, totally different bike. Engine use to run like crap and idle was impossible to set. My only problem is that I was shipped the wrong intake tube by the same vendor PCC 6 months ago, although he did refund me. Thank God you posted becasue I was going crazy just yesterday trying to find him again!