Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #16

Yeah, the pictures online really dont do it justice. Its really quite a nice looking bike.

You really gotta see some of these chinese bikes in person to really see what they look like.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:35 AM   #17

I hear you on seeing the bikes in person. Some of the Chinese bikes out there seem to have one photo that all the online dealers show--usually some stock photo of the bike back in China, and only one in some messed up angle. I think this bike was one of those; if only the dealers would take the time to squeeze off a few of their own photos at better angles.... :?

It seems that there are a few decent, for the price, bikes out there now. This bike is one of the first adventure-style bikes (I think these came out around the same time as the Xingyue 400's) out there. Will this bike actually do any dirt (I'm talking the same kind of terrain as the Suzuki V-strom)?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #18

I dont know how well it would take the off-the-beaten path job.

The ground clearance is high on it, so that would work. The suspension has plenty of room to move. Id probably put some knobby tires on it as the tires that are on it from the factory are clearly street tires.

It's no dirtbike though.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:51 AM   #19

The notchy/stiff shifting is normal for that engine/transmission combo. It's a 238 cc twin copied from a Honda Rebel, and the shifting is tough even on the Honda's. It will get better, but not a lot.

Considering the engine was designed in the 70's, the Chinese are doing quite well with it.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #20

Shifting will get better once it is more broken in. The Chinese are so good at copying Honda that the transmission even has Honda's infamous 1st gear "clunk".

Old 07-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #21

Ive got 800 miles on it, and it seems to be getting better. Im gonna swap the oil out for some good amsoil, which also is said to make shifting much better.

So far the bike has been great.

The only stuff Ive had to do so far is adjust the chain tension...it loosened up during a hard torquey run in the twisties.

I dont really like the rear brake setup. It just seems a little sloppy to me. Im thinking about changing the caliper out to a nice brembo, if I can figure out how to swap out the rear master cylinder too. The front brake works great.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #22

Great. You may want to try changing the brake fluid. That may help the rear brake work better.

Allen

Old 07-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #23

Are you still getting 200 MPG?

Old 07-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #24

The shifter linkages need grease/lube. Before I lubed mine, shifting gear was nearly impossible. After lubing, shifting is almost buttery smooth.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #25

200???? no...not even the little scooters get that kind of MPG.

Im getting right at 100mpg if I just gently cruise. But lately Ive been having some fun in the twisties, and winding it up a little more, so its dropped to around 90mpg.

Feeding the bike isnt even an issue. I ride it everyday, and its really just pocket change to fill it up.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #26

You readings are probaly in km. I thought I got crazy mpg like you also in my SunL but I figured out it the odometer was in KM.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #27

Nope, its MPG....you can see a pic of the speedo on this thread.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #28

Many of these bikes, read MPH, but are actually km. Right speedometer but wrong sending unit sending the wrong info.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #29

The factory usually just changes the the face plate on the speedo. Not the gearing of the odometer. You may be lucky though and got a true MPH speedo. How acurate does it read at top speed?

Old 07-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #30

Realworld is correct. Most Chinese manf just change the face plate. The face place will read mpg, but the odometer is actaully calibrated in km. Your mph reading will also be off my around 5 mph for most chinese bikes.