Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
I frequent a local www board that has a lot of members who ride sport bikes. I always get scared when they suggest that a 600cc is a good 'starter' bike.
I agree. A 600 is NOT for the novice rider.

Here's the most persuasive article that I've found on the subject -
http://forums.sportrider.com/70/5918...-06/index.html

An excellent read, IMO.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 09-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondax
I have a 04 cbr600rr and yes hp is addictive. Everything on the cbr also seems to be more smooth than my china cruiser. No vibrations at all even though the speedometer reads 130 mph, sometimes. I think modern day 600's are way too fast already. I have been on 1000's and I think they are just ridulously fast. But nothing beats sitting upright on the cruiser. Thats why I sit love my china cruiser. I think in a few years I am going to sell the cbr and get a cruiser, but not a oil leaking HD. I have been looking at Honda cruisers with VTEC, cuz VTEC is fun in cars imagine how fun they are in bikes I would reconmend CBR's to anyone.
A 600 was just fine for me, I can't imagine needing anymore juice than what that bike had 8O

I don't think I could ever go the cruiser route though....But I said that about crotch rockets before I rode one also

Old 09-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #18

I guess I agree with you guys but there is other 600's that are slower. For example, the Honda CBR600 f4i- its like a 600rr, less hp, carbed and you sit a little more upright. Suzuki SV650 less hp than gixxer. There is a bunch out there that are not like their racing brothers. I started on a R bike and when I look back on it, the learning curve would be better on a non-r bike. When you start on a r bike you better learn quick and with slow bikes you get time to get aqquainted with the basics and then move up.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #19

i have had a couple of cruisers in my younger years a kaw, and a yamaha, but never a crotch rocket, until i did some trading around this year. I had a 92 3/4 ton suburban 4x4 that i just couldn't afford to drive anymore (140 bucks to fill 'er up) i traded it for a kodiak 4x4, then when the rear end was going i traded it for a cbr 600 f3. a great bike but i just didn't weigh enough to lean the beast. I aint a novice by any means and i couldn't handle the big bike, thus i ended up dropping it and scratching the fairing, that i had to fix, and then repainted it. then i traded it for my lil chopper that is in the street forum. i love that lil thing, and the sport bike was just a step too large for me here is a pic of it after i repainted it from ugly canary yellow to fire engine red, the day i traded it.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil-John
i have had a couple of cruisers in my younger years a kaw, and a yamaha, but never a crotch rocket, until i did some trading around this year. I had a 92 3/4 ton suburban 4x4 that i just couldn't afford to drive anymore (140 bucks to fill 'er up) i traded it for a kodiak 4x4, then when the rear end was going i traded it for a cbr 600 f3. a great bike but i just didn't weigh enough to lean the beast. I aint a novice by any means and i couldn't handle the big bike, thus i ended up dropping it and scratching the fairing, that i had to fix, and then repainted it. then i traded it for my lil chopper that is in the street forum. i love that lil thing, and the sport bike was just a step too large for me here is a pic of it after i repainted it from ugly canary yellow to fire engine red, the day i traded it.

I weigh a buck and a half and I could toss it around pretty well. I noticed that if I sat up to high the bike was harder to lean. I think the bike weighed about 450 lbs......I hated trying to move it backwards on a slight hill when I needed to get it over a sensor to open a gate

Hard on the ol crotch though..Felt like I had rode a horse after I got off if You know what I mean 8O

Old 10-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondax
a oil leaking HD.
Not so. That's "old school" Brother...Today's Harleys are TOP NOTCH tight!

Will the real leaker please stand up?! (looks like this guy's leaker has been laying down)

8)
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.