Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2020, 05:51 PM   #16

duck9191. indeed mail is snail mail at moment. don't know if they are taking time and decon everything or not and mainly most people are having items brought to house instead of going to store & risk infection. finally got that speedo like yours, just last week, didn't have the sensors/pick ups in package, now another 20 days or so before get them.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #17

Hmmmm. So I can no longer recommend Don nor vouch for his communication.

5/11: Received email from USPS about click-&-ship notification from TN to my residence. "A package with a Click-N-Ship® label created on usps.com is scheduled to be shipped on 05/12/2020. "
5/19: EMailed letting him know I hadn't seen anything in the mail, just as a heads-up in case the envelope was lost.
5/19: Was told that the item was prepared and sent at the post office itself on the 13th and he would follow-up with USPS.
5/21: Status updated to USPS received item.
5/26: Flat rate envelope delivered. Deposited refund check.
5/29: Bank issues a chargeback against the check.

I no longer have any faith in the communications I have received from Don. I have felt this way since my second email to him. I have been careful to only communicate in email so I have everything in writing. USPS shows I have a letter from my bank coming today. Once I read it, I will be opening a case with the fraud arm of my bank. I will provide my bank with the full conversation history, as well as invoice copies. I will also be opening a complaint with the BBB just so it is on record. I do not anticipate the BBB will do anything, but I realize that people frequently look to it for information on sellers.

Be safe, make sure to cover your bases.

Old 06-05-2020, 12:17 PM   #18

sorry to hear you are still having a run around. Its never a fun thing to have to deal with.

I would bet that his bank/cc processor hit him with a huge reserve due to covid and he can't cover it which means they will freeze processing or hold all deposits. The company i work for got hit with a $200k reserve without notice. They are putting a lot of businesses under and they couldn't care less since a lot of businesses can't cover the reserve plus operate. Supposedly we will get the $200k back, eventually.... If something like this was the case he could have been more upfront and honest with you.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 06-05-2020, 01:14 PM   #19

I am so sorry to hear this. Don left me a message probably 4 weeks ago that he had fixed the problem with his bank and wells fargo and could get a bike to me but I had already ordered a recon so I didn't order from him.
I hope you get your money back and things go well from here on out.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:53 PM   #20

I had spoken to Pete from Kronik Racing a few weeks ago, and I even mentioned this particular thread because he has picked up Lifan. He told me that dealers get discounts from suppliers (i.e. he deals with Boom/Baodiao a lot for their Vaders) when you order several bikes. However, if you have orders trickling in, you will need to hold on to them hoping that others will order the same bike, and then you submit the order all at once in order to receive a large enough discount to make money and pass on the savings. ASPCUSA always has very discounted bikes, such as the Lifans. However, those deals cannot happen unless and until they have enough orders at once. That is what I understood how some of the behind the scenes action works with some of these dealers. Other behind the scenes action among the big dealers (i.e. Powersportsmax) is kind of 'office politics' where they actually get bonus checks directly from Chinese manufacturers based on sales. Also, they have enough cash on hand where they can order and stock bikes as well. As an example, from what I understand, they bought out the remaining few dozen Lifan KPmini 150s several weeks ago. They probably did this to a few different lines of bikes. I cannot say for certain if this is how Don operates, but it made sense when Pete told me about it. I will say, Don's deals look extremely tempting, but unless several people are taking advantage of those deals, they end up being too good to be true!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-17-2020, 07:13 PM   #21

I received a refund check, which was promptly dishonored by the bank. I sent emails, and received more words back, with no action. That was over a month ago.

I am sending my second certified letter with a 14 day notice (previous was delivered on the 5th) before turning this over to my state's district attorney's office and taking legal action.

I will not speculate on circumstance or motive; I only wish to keep fellow riders informed as to my specific experience.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #22

Sorry to read this. One of the things we had stressed about ordering Chinese bikes when Chinariders was in its early years was to use credit cards in case of disputes. But, Don has not been able to take credit cards for a few years now.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-18-2020, 06:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Sorry to read this. One of the things we had stressed about ordering Chinese bikes when Chinariders was in its early years was to use credit cards in case of disputes. But, Don has not been able to take credit cards for a few years now.
He did last year when I got my storm. He was using Amazon payment, had some issues then too but they were resolved. Sucks to hear that the issue couldn't be resolved quickly and easily for deadwood.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.