Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #16

It did appear you are angry, the "you would think I'm happy" with the all upper case "WRONG".... And the "poop" comments.... Then it gets confusing though, because the topic is titled resale value, and then you commenting on how there is no resale value, then that this isn't about resale value at all, but about parts from a 3RD PARTY company.... If you can get parts from ATVd like you said, where is the problem? Sounds like your bike has treated you well! I would comment that "in my opinion", the resale value of these bikes should be expected to be low going into the purchase.... The bike cost $1200, so I don't think we can base our depreciation on percentages any more with the cost being so low to start with? Add to that, that 10,000KM is pretty high for a used motorcycle, not that the bike won't keep going, but people tend to put far fewer km's on any motorcycle then compared to a car...

Old 02-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #17

I half noting to ad, just a felling a bolt leafed out! 8O

Carrie Own... :wink:
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 02-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #18

If the general public really knew about china bikes they'd know that a high mileage running china bike is worth more than a brand new china bike.
(unless its an A.L. :wink: )

Old 02-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #19

[quote="TeamCheap"]If the general public really knew about china bikes they'd know that a high mileage running china bike is worth more than a brand new china bike.
[quote]

I had found some used, titled and licensed Jetmotos in San Diego after I bought my new one. They had under 1000 miles--I should have waited the month or two to buy one of the used ones :(

Oh, and nice try baiting me into discussing that brand

Old 02-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #20

Here fishy fishy fishy........I'm waiting

I'd still like to sell ours but around here very few people are buying much of anything.

I dont care though we'll just run them again this year hopefully more than last year.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #21

I just wish I could get a good Lifan 200 for a reasonable price of $3000. I don't mind if it has ten or fifteen thousand miles on it, in fact I prefer it be well broken it. I will require it has a few generic replacement parts on it. Only other requirement will be the seller must have a good attitude and appreciation for a good bargain!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #22

I always troll the local craigslist down here, and ya know.... when people list their 200cc Chinese enduros, they ask for almost NEW LIST price for a USED bike all the time.

Local dealers are selling NEW bikes for about $1,500.

So why in the lord's name would people expect to get the same after they've ridden the poop out of it for a year or two?

It makes me laugh. MAROONS!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #23

I've had both of ours on Craig'slist on and off for about 2/3 of the price we paid for them new and they are actually better now than they were when we got them.

Oh well another season is here and we'll be out riding them again.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #24

Guess it depends on the brand and how you market it. I recently sold my Vbike V4SW quad(a month old) for $1400- which is $125 more than I paid for it. (I need a utility model).

I bought it with the idea that it would have virtually no resale value. I was wrong!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #25

You said you bought your bike from ATVdiscounter. But, you seem to be mad at Am Lifan. If you have trouble getting parts/service, shouldn't you be mad at the dealer that you bought from, ATVdiscounter, instead?