Old 09-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #17

MLK, he may need some extras for the videos. :wink: :wink:

Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerndad
Order of Canada - yea, lol I threw that in because my uncle is OC and OBC
It's too bad they're tarnishing OBC with Campbell, Dobell, and Emerson. :roll:

Old 09-24-2011, 02:40 AM   #19

MLK - I will post when selling, though it is looking like they may sell locally fast! I'm a long way from mission...

Culcune - sorry to hear that no one has gone for it. I know what 'worked' for me we figuring out their challenges and pitching the 'right' strategies - that's why it turned into trading for 1 ATV into a huge project involving their whole product line + brand/ marketing consulting. They seem like a great bunch of guys - young, with little kids same age as mine, hard working. I know they spend money anyways marketing, this way they get to keep their cash $$ and get pro results for less.

Jim - Totally agree on the tarnishing of the OBC with purely political appointments. It's becoming BC's version of the senate :roll:

Anyhow it is for real - and I am stoked! I picked up the 300 today - that is my sons favourite of the 3 we have so far - the 200, 300 and 400 atvs. I just refined the feature video concept, expanded it a bit.

If the weather is good tomorrow I'm going to spent the day getting the feature shots of the 300 and 400, and perhaps do a walk-around of all 3 - then time to line up the trail tests and reviews

Here is a link to the slightly updated video:

I managed to add a few more features and shorten it by 2 secs

Thanks for your support guys and I will post as I go along as requested!

jb

Old 09-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerndad

Culcune - sorry to hear that no one has gone for it. I know what 'worked' for me we figuring out their challenges and pitching the 'right' strategies - that's why it turned into trading for 1 ATV into a huge project involving their whole product line + brand/ marketing consulting. They seem like a great bunch of guys - young, with little kids same age as mine, hard working. I know they spend money anyways marketing, this way they get to keep their cash $$ and get pro results for less.
I think the US distribution network is a little screwy for most, if not all, of these off-branded bikes, when it comes to marketing. Like I mentioned, it took a while to get Cleveland Cycle Works to get free advertising with The Fright Channel. I know that one of our members writes articles for the online magazine that 'Crazy Carl' is now the editor of; but the writer (I have to admit, I don't remember his chinarider moniker, or even his last name :? , but his first name is Zak) gets bikes to review---from Canadian companies....

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #21

That's Kawazacky. I look forward to his articles.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #22

So weird about the US network - I really think they are screwing themselves in the foot long term with the direct, low-margin, no marketing (or minimal marketing), virtually no support model.

What makes it viable is the mass market - there are FAR more consumers south of the border than north (famous example is there are more peeps in CA than all of CAN). Also statistically americans spend 6x more in disposable income than canadians - read: 6x more likely to buy an ATV with spare money or credit, lol. That stat is a bit old now, probably changing with the econ crash.

I think canadian companies need to be more support oriented in order to last - and a reputation for quality is important. Just look at the difference between the top selling auto brands north and south. There have been a number of canadian distributors who have gone out of businesses in this market, and a number of fly-by-night ops that popped up and are gone.

Lastly what I see is most important is that something like only 15% of canadians have more than $6k to spend on an ATV or dirt bike - which is why the chinese machines have leapt up to something like 40+% of the market. So the majority of potential customers - like myself, are under-served here. I would be happy with a 300 or 400cc 4x4 that is reliable for under $6k (not too long ago 400cc was considered HUGE in an ATV) - and that is where long-term established companies like Linhai, with their japanese backed factories and expertise - can make a splash and fill a gap.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #23

Update

Hey Folks,

So winter is officially here in the north. I didn't get as far as I wanted with the videos but still got a number done. I moved the 400 down to my Kamloops office and they are doing some video of it this month. MLK - we'll be selling that unit down there, if you're still interested! A bit closer to Mission than Hazelton

All the videos I've uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/visionarymotorsports

jb