Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2015, 10:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Did you get a wiring diagram with your harness? If you post a wiring diagram, I can tell you exactly how to wire your headlight. If not, I can tell you how to wire the headlight after you do a little testing.

Do not cover the fan. The fan needs to be located in the open air, or the LED bulb will overheat.

I'm hoping to get some kind of info from Baja about the kit, now I do have a taillight Weld sent me via mail, this Tail light has 3 wires coming from it, I have pictures, I did buy some Wiring Connections from the bike place I went too.. Ill take some pictures soon to show. I want to wire the taillight so when I turn my front lights on either Low/High my Tail light Turns on as well. I DO NOT have a switch for Rear Taillight.

I need to find the proper/best way to wire. For example I have that LCD Speedo Im trying to install too, its telling me that I need to take the a certain wire from the Ignition Switch to hook into the LCD Device, how do I properly take one of that wire and split it or something to connect that wire into my LCD Device, you know what I mean? Do I need to SPLICE the wire? and have another wire coming out from it? If so can you show me the best way to do this so I don't mess things up.. hehehe

Back to that LED bulb, you said Do not Cover the fan up, what if the fan gets water on it? is it ok? Im going to have to play around and see how the bulb fits in the case etc and how its covered and where its going to sit on the bike properly to see the ventilation .

Old 03-22-2015, 01:02 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
Damn, that sounds bad. The fan stopped working, what happened?
What is covered up?
I do not know the reason the fan stopped working, my best guess is vibration from the engine, damaged the fan´s bearings or something...

Your LED bulb should be ok as the shroud should provide some protection from oncoming rain, if you ride, and you cover your bike while sitting under the rain. The bulb fan function is to provide fresh air to cool the fins, and the circuitry inside it, if you wrap the fan all it will do is recircle the hot air...

Last edited by Lucien; 03-22-2015 at 01:11 AM. Reason: more info

Old 03-22-2015, 01:26 AM   #18

And, about those wires, you need either a 12v test light or a multimeter, it´s confusing whe n you have so may electrical upgrades at a time, I would first get the LED bulb to work, check your bike´s headlight wire harness to see which sends +12v when you turn on low beam, then high beam, and so on.
Maybe your bike has a wire that sends +12v when you open the key, you can use that for your running light..

Old 03-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #19

Quote:
...Back to that LED bulb, you said Do not Cover the fan up, what if the fan gets water on it? is it ok? Im going to have to play around and see how the bulb fits in the case etc and how its covered and where its going to sit on the bike properly to see the ventilation .
The LED bulb is waterproof.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 03-25-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #20

Quote:
I'm hoping to get some kind of info from Baja about the kit, now I do have a taillight Weld sent me via mail, this Tail light has 3 wires coming from it, I have pictures, I did buy some Wiring Connections from the bike place I went too.. Ill take some pictures soon to show. I want to wire the taillight so when I turn my front lights on either Low/High my Tail light Turns on as well. I DO NOT have a switch for Rear Taillight...
You need to find a wire on your bike's electrical harness which provides power only when the ignition switch is activated. You must either fabricate, or buy a connector which branches a single wire into two wires in a 'Y' configuration. You will use this 'Y' connector to supply power to the tail light wire, and to supply power to the light switch.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-23-2015, 11:08 PM   #21

Hi Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
You need to find a wire on your bike's electrical harness which provides power only when the ignition switch is activated. You must either fabricate, or buy a connector which branches a single wire into two wires in a 'Y' configuration. You will use this 'Y' connector to supply power to the tail light wire, and to supply power to the light switch.
Okay,

Should I get the power wire from my Ignition Switch wire?
or should I get the power from the new wiring light harness thing I got from Baja? This will be connected also to my batter? Would this work?

I will go to my bike local store and ask them about this Y connector, lets say I will cut my wire from the ignition switch and add in this Y connector to give me another power source wire to add whatever I need to power right?
How many times can I do this to 1 wire? Is it good to do it more then 1?

hmmm when I really think about it, I think Ill only have to do it once..
So power my LCD Speedo, the other main harness for my lights are connected to the battery on its own wiring harness. What I don't understand is, my wiring harness for the taillight has 2 wires, but the taillight has 3 wires coming out of it. mmmm ill show u pics tomorrow when I take them...

Thanks SPud for helping me! anyother people please put in there info would be much appreciated!

Old 03-24-2015, 12:37 AM   #22

Quote:
... my wiring harness for the taillight has 2 wires, but the taillight has 3 wires coming out of it...
WTH is that? Taillight had 2 filament (Running /Brake)… which needs 3 wire
Standard CG125 clone use this: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36546726632

Old 03-24-2015, 01:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Okay,

Should I get the power wire from my Ignition Switch wire?
or should I get the power from the new wiring light harness thing I got from Baja? This will be connected also to my batter? Would this work?...
For a street bike, several wires coming from the ignition switch provide power only after the ignition switch is turned on. Examples of these wires are:

Turn Signals
Horn
Headlight

You can also power the headlight from the new wiring harness which is connected directly to the battery. However, in this instance, the headlight will drain your battery if you forget to turn it off. If the power comes from the ignition switch, the headlight will extinguish when you turn off the ignition switch, even if your forget to turn off the headlight switch.

Quote:
...I will go to my bike local store and ask them about this Y connector, lets say I will cut my wire from the ignition switch and add in this Y connector to give me another power source wire to add whatever I need to power right?
How many times can I do this to 1 wire? Is it good to do it more then 1?...
Yes, you can add more than one wire to the connector.

Quote:
...hmmm when I really think about it, I think Ill only have to do it once..
So power my LCD Speedo, the other main harness for my lights are connected to the battery on its own wiring harness. What I don't understand is, my wiring harness for the taillight has 2 wires, but the taillight has 3 wires coming out of it. mmmm ill show u pics tomorrow when I take them...
One of the tail light wires is an electrical ground. Another wire powers the tail light, and it should be connected to a wire which is only supplying power when the ignition switch is turned on. Otherwise, the tail light cannot be extinguished, and it will drain you battery, unless you add a special on/off switch for it. The final wire activates the brake light, and it must be connected to a brake light switch which is activated when you press the brake pedal.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-25-2015, 10:41 AM   #24

Diggy,

Is this the wiring diagram for you bike?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #25

Yes Spud

Old 03-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #26

Connect your tail light to the brown wire.
Connect your rear brake light to the green/yellow wire.
Connect the remaining ground wire from the tail light to the green wire.

Since your bike has a wiring harness and switches, why do you want to use the Baja Designs wiring harness and switches?

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220