Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to panamarandy
When I files the first complaint with the state of Florida, they trransfered the complaint to the state of California, they sent me a letter stating they contacted Tank and that Tank was complying with there States rules and regulations and that there was nothing they could do..
I have since re-filed the complaint with Florida to re check into it.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #17

more bad news today on my Tank...

i went to the local Honda dealer again to tell them I was gonna bring them the bike to look at, this is the same place I talked to a couple weeks ago about it.. The service advisor told me that they did some checking and decided they were not interested in looking at my bike because they were told they couldnt get parts for the bike. Well I didnt ever tell them that, guess word just gets around...

Old 04-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamarandy
Yea, its been a real train wreck, you know the thing about it is these bikes are pretty sharp looking, thats what sold me on it..
but anyways.. for all to know---
I checked and there is no power to the plug wires, get no spark at all now.
I have contacted tank over and over and they realy have been no help and after 12 calls and more e-mails than I can remember I finally got ahold of a guy the other day who told me a couple things to try , which I did, but they didnt work.
Randy
My memory is schetchy from the 70's when i worked on my sl100 and 65ss. Sounds like possible misconnections. The Hondas had vinyl connector covers to keep moisture out. Never seen a Chinese bike perhaps they're the same?

Pretty easy to plug the connector in and miss the jack or have the plug not fully engaged, if you know what i mean.

Another thing i'd check is the place where the harness exits the flywheel cover. If the grommit is missing, the insulation could wear away from vibration and cause a short. First killing the generator then the magneto. Now if the generator circuit is open and the lights are working again, then the magneto is now open too?

Just a guess, you could check the coils for any any pulses when the engine cranks.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #19

Hey, Randy...were you able to get a hold of anyone else who might be able to work on your bike? I can't believe the AG is screwing you around like that! Don't they even care that customers are getting screwed over?

Old 04-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #20

Just an update, I replaced the voltage Rectifier yesterday afternoon, hoping that was the problem, but it wasnt, still not running.
I am gonna replace the CDI today...

Old 04-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamarandy
Just an update, I replaced the voltage Rectifier yesterday afternoon, hoping that was the problem, but it wasnt, still not running.
I am gonna replace the CDI today...
Jeez, Randy! What is going on with that bike? It may be time to move on, dude. Or just rewire it yourself. You can get the correct grade wires and do it in an afternoon. At least if you do that, you'll know it done right.

Good luck, man.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #22

When I first got my Jetmoto enduro, and it broke down (the first time) I had visions of shotguns and AK-47's taking it apart (yes, I was going to videotape it), but then I got a new engine, broke down again, and sold off the carcass.

If I were you, I would take it down to the range, and shoot it up--then in protest, take it cross country, and dump it off in front of the Tank headquarters in El Monte, Cal. which is in the greater metro area of L.A. I know that if you do something "wacky" like that, and invite the local media, you will get coverage.

In fact, all of you unhappy Tank owners (I know there are far more than 2 of you) should contact the L.A. CBS affiliate (don't quote me on which channel it was, you should sift through the L.A. channel websites to find the consumer advocates, or maybe there are more) and see if you can get them to do a "ripped-off" consumer story.

For all its worth, my sister works in the L.A. office of CNN in the video library division, and I could see if she can find the producers who could make a story out of all you disgruntled Tank owners, provided you are willing to be interviewed. It's worth a shot!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #23

Hey, I'd be willing to be interviewed. That would be an 18 hour ride for me. Only problem is, I don't trust the bike for at least 17 of those hours! Man, Id fly out there for that! And trust me, if you hit other forums, you'd find a whole LOT of dissatisfied (S)Tank owners!

Culcune, count me in, dude!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #24

Tank Vision R-3 fixed...

Got My Vision on the road finally, replaced the CDI and the rectifier, and now she runs like a top again......HURRAY.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #25

Photos and/or video, please! (post them in the 'gallery' at least; I can't post photos directly to my posts either like some of these computer hot-shots )

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #26

Congrats!

Glad you got it sorted.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #27

Good for you, Randy! I know it's been awhile, so enjoy it, man. Did you have to but the parts or did (S)Tank do the right thing for you?

Hey! Now you can trade it in!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #28

Tank sent me the parts for free, they even covered the shipping, guess they got tired of me calling them and threatening them...LOL

Old 04-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #29

Well, good for you, dude. Yeah, unfortunately that's one of the ways STank will even THINK about helping out a customer.

So, are you gonna keep it or trade it in?

Old 04-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #30

olds
Ditto on that one, threats of court/attorneys is all they understand. I dealt with them that way before.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net