Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2022, 06:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenslow View Post
On a carbureted bike a fuel gauge is just something else to break. Learn proper use of the petcock, and ride...
Even lower tech...I had no gauge on my 1975 Suzuki TS250way back when. I opened the tank, looked in, rocked the bike right left, estimated fill level from the slosh, drove to the trails or tanked up first.

And yes, made sure the petcock was in the on position (not reserve). I probably got 20-30 miles on reserve. These bike get over 50, usually over 60mpg especially when you are driving like a nun to make it to the gas station!

Old 11-15-2022, 12:31 PM   #17

I too am in WV and I was wondering how hard it was for you to register and plate your bike? I am not sure which one of these dual sports I am about to purchase and am wondering how hard they are to get legal in WV. thanks.

from Wheeling

Old 11-16-2022, 03:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
I too am in WV and I was wondering how hard it was for you to register and plate your bike? I am not sure which one of these dual sports I am about to purchase and am wondering how hard they are to get legal in WV. thanks.

from Wheeling
Can't speak for the other bikes but I had no issue at all with registration on my TBR7. Took my learner's on the 1st and grabbed the forms to fill out, went home and got insurance and filled the paperwork out. Went back up on the 2nd with the odometer disclosure form, certificate of title application or however it's named, insurance binder, bill of sale and MCO. Forgot to sign a couple places and did so right at the window, paid my fess and walked out with a title, plate, and registration. The hardest part was getting the plate on the bike as the mounting bracket was clearly designed for a longer plate, so had to drill a new hole.

As for the tank issue it's definitely hooked up, but went from F on a full tank to E after around 15 miles/kilometers or whatever it's reading and still has a near full tank, so I'm just gonna ignore it and top it off every couple of rides.