Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #16

thanks to everyone have some ideas now and seems to be good i currently am riding as much as poss to teach myself some technique and some little adjustments and soon to get tyres (awaiting money) as a performance thing does anybody have any experience of this [/img]http://www.motobikespares.com/exhaus...nly-p-343.html and would it fit on a xy 125 gy as above or are they for pit bikes meaning they are too short thanks again to everybody for your help

Old 07-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #17

i have now put on a 29mm mikuni and when i put the choke into the fully closed position the bike idles ok then decreases and dies when i open it it starts to rev to death does anyone have any idea whay because automatically i assumed too big a jet but put in a smaller and all stayed the same and when i try to get the bike to idle normally it revs very little and dies please help me

Old 07-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #18

Make sure the slide in the carb is installed the right way. If it is turned 180 degrees, it wont slide all the way down. Dont try to yune the carb to run with the choke on. Tune it when the engine is warm with choke off.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #19

thanks mate i have the slide the correct way round could it be a slow jet too big or needle related any ideas
however when the slide is in it is about 5mm from the bottom could this be a sticky throttle cable or something else looked earlier jetting seems ok and from what i can gather the carb is an ok size for the bike at idle it just revs to hell im slowly running out of ideas any help much appreciated thanks

apologies for apalling grammar

Old 07-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #20

If the needle isn't going all the way in and the slider is in correctly you can check for burrs or perhaps a bent needle.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #21

have checked needle looks fine and when carb is removed from bike all sits as it should

Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #22

If it sits fine 'off the bike' then I would check your throttle cable length to make sure it's not sitting like it has some throttle open when nobody is touching it.

Have you tried the adjustments screws that are normally up by the bars to shorten/lengthen the cable to see if that helps?

It still sounds like a sticky slider to me I had that problem on a 50cc atv. (It was in backwards/opposite)

Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #23

what do i need to do to adjust the throttle cable length i assume its nice and easy ,famous last words thanks though for your help turbo will let you know the result

Old 07-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #24

Well I have never looked at my bike specifically (it's a Yamaha) but the two china quads I have connect up by the handlebars. There is one cable coming off the throttle controls and connects to a long piece that goes to the carb. You should be able to adjust the tension on the long cable by loosening or tightening up the connector screws. If your cable is a one piece I would look for somewhere you can lengthen it. A little WD-40 down the plastic casing can sometimes loosen it up if it is sticky.

There may be otherrs more familliar with bikes who can correct me if this is not the way they assemble.

As I said, my 50cc quad did just what you describe. It would run like a pile of crap with the choke closed and race like an mf'er with it open. It was the slider. You can still put the top cap on with it in incorrectly. If you're SURE it is correct I would look at cable length.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:01 AM   #25

thanks for all your help i adjusted the cable length to make it bottom out and fine tuned the idle mix which was too rich as well i also put on a smaller 16t sprocket was originally a 17
and the wobble i had into corners has gone however i had to adjust the chain and may be did it a little too tight how would i loosen it a little or when i ride it in will it slacken slightly

when replacing my rear wheel what torque setting is reccomended as the manual i got is crap
thankyou

Old 07-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #26

Don't leave the chain tight, you can mess up the transmission in a hurry. There are differences, but most of the Chinese bikes seem to tighten the chain the more the suspension is compressed... you have to leave a lot of slack... my Lifan needs about 3 inches with no weight on the bike. A few people will take out their rear shock and compress the suspension all the way, then set the slack (just one time to see how much they need.). There's several threads on here about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz1984
thanks for all your help i adjusted the cable length to make it bottom out and fine tuned the idle mix which was too rich as well i also put on a smaller 16t sprocket was originally a 17
and the wobble i had into corners has gone however i had to adjust the chain and may be did it a little too tight how would i loosen it a little or when i ride it in will it slacken slightly

when replacing my rear wheel what torque setting is reccomended as the manual i got is crap
thankyou

Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #27

i replaced the front sprocket for a slightly smaller 16 tooth and sorted chain tension out and the original front sprocket was a little loose and the new one is a good fit with no wobble and the bike feels much more stable into corners