Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2023, 01:06 PM   #3691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do©Hawk View Post
I'm not comparing my Garwinner to the Holzforma. I know there's no contest there.
LOL i know, i was just over clarifying... one of the drawbacks of adhd... i havent heard anything bad about the other chinese saws at all... i do know wthe holtzformas can be a little hit or miss sometimes, had one come into the shop i work at that was 3 weeks old and had backed out the cylinder bolts and blown the base gasket....

So, moral of the story is they are just like the bikes here, make sure everything is tight, and maybe a few tasteful upgrades, and you have a decent machine...LOL

Old 12-31-2023, 03:05 PM   #3692

I did see someone having oiler issues and something with the handle breaking loose on a holtzforma,and I think a coil ,but generally they seem to be a good value and that person was able to fix it up with some stihl parts .

Old 12-31-2023, 03:22 PM   #3693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
I did see someone having oiler issues and something with the handle breaking loose on a holtzforma,and I think a coil ,but generally they seem to be a good value and that person was able to fix it up with some stihl parts .
Exactly what we did for the guy, OEM head gasket and bolts, and it hasnt been back...LOL that is the beauty if an exact clone, if needed you can swap out for proven, waranteed parts LOL

I am like giddy with excitement to build this 661 with a ported cylinder... closest comparison i have is i used to have an 056 Magnum II that was a HEAVY bear of a saw, weighing in at 20# just for the powerhead, at a 6.8hp rating, not bad for a 94cc saw, but heavy... and it was plagued with the failing SEM ignition thats NLA with no way to easily replace either, hence why i got out from under it...

Now, the ms 661 is rated at 7.2hp out of 91cc, at 16# powerhead, and the cylinder i have on the way *should* produce approx 20% power increase... there are guys that have gotten over 10hp out of these saws... without even having a tuned pipe, just a modded stock exhaust...

Old 01-01-2024, 03:04 PM   #3694

Out on the ride this morning, I noticed something was missing.

Do I go 0 for 3 and try to order it from IMZ-Ural or try to find one somewhere else? I opted for the bay of evil and found a new one for a couple bucks more than it costs from the Mothership but shipping was less, so six of one, half a dozen of the other.

In the meantime, I got creative in the garage.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-01-2024, 03:29 PM   #3695

Lucky you found that .Does that wheel fit all positions on the bike ?

Old 01-01-2024, 03:43 PM   #3696

Quote:
Lucky you found that .Does that wheel fit all positions on the bike ?
Nah, just the rears. I think Ural went to the four piston Brembo in the front in 2005. Before that, all three wheels were drum brake and interchangeable. Stopping was wishful thinking in those days.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 01-07-2024, 11:21 PM   #3697

Ordered a new Google Pixel 8 to replace my older Samsung Galaxy A52 smartphone. Ill keep the A52 as a back up but it has been getting more and more unreliable in certain apps as of late so its likely time for a change.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 01-07-2024, 11:42 PM   #3698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Ordered a new Google Pixel 8 to replace my older Samsung Galaxy A52 smartphone. Ill keep the A52 as a back up but it has been getting more and more unreliable in certain apps as of late so its likely time for a change.

I'm actually close to needing a new phone as much as i hate smartphone and considered a dumbphone like a Nokia 255

as my Xiaomi A1 is carrying battle scars to the point is could fail any moment...

I still want 3.5mm audio jack which has me leaning towards a Oneplus Nord3 LITE...

But what is the deal with these massive screens that barely fit in any pocket?

Old 01-08-2024, 07:34 AM   #3699

It was yesterday but bought flooring for the camper. Boy are my back and knees aching today. lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-08-2024, 08:07 AM   #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Nah, just the rears. I think Ural went to the four piston Brembo in the front in 2005. Before that, all three wheels were drum brake and interchangeable. Stopping was wishful thinking in those days.
I've got discs all the way around on mine. Nice big Brembo up front, and smaller discs on the rear and the hack. When I bought my Ural they said that the spare assembly was pretty much universal, but to try not to run it on the front for too long. For some reason the front assembly still has the larger hub section than the other two. Regardless, it hasn't had to hit the ground yet, so that's a plus.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 01-08-2024, 10:14 AM   #3701

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
I'm actually close to needing a new phone as much as i hate smartphone and considered a dumbphone like a Nokia 255

as my Xiaomi A1 is carrying battle scars to the point is could fail any moment...

I still want 3.5mm audio jack which has me leaning towards a Oneplus Nord3 LITE...

But what is the deal with these massive screens that barely fit in any pocket?

The new phone is a bit smaller then the one its replacing so that will help. Gonna miss having the 3.5 mm jack on the A52 but i will be using USB C splitters with both of my pixels to get around it in the Nissan These splitters have both a charge lead and a 3.5 mm adapter. As the deck im installing in the C10 is an older Alpine that is medialess with bluetooth its a moot point. Put off cutting the dash long enough. There is still a chance i may still end up going with a retrosound unit yet. Depends on my vehicle situation by summer i suppose.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 01-08-2024, 05:54 PM   #3702

3 pack of fridge filters. Yeah, real exciting.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 01-08-2024, 08:58 PM   #3703

I didn't buy a darn thing... I saved my money for spring!!!! C'mon sunshine!!!

Old 01-08-2024, 10:14 PM   #3704

I bought myself a year of hell ! I got a 6 week old yellow lab and he is trouble ! Needle teeth ,needle claws ,daughter put him in a kids playpen and he escapes over the top no problem ,gets on the couch from the floor ,jumps from the couch back to the floor ,stairs are no problem up or down ,the bastard is very young at 6 weeks and none of our other labs have been able to do that when we got them at 8 weeks .He is fearless ,and he eats like a pig ! We have had 120lb labs and I am impressed with this little tub of lards eating ability lol. He is awesome though !

Old 01-09-2024, 08:53 AM   #3705

Quote:
I bought myself a year of hell ! I got a 6 week old yellow lab and he is trouble ! Needle teeth ,needle claws ,daughter put him in a kids playpen and he escapes over the top no problem ,gets on the couch from the floor ,jumps from the couch back to the floor ,stairs are no problem up or down ,the bastard is very young at 6 weeks and none of our other labs have been able to do that when we got them at 8 weeks .He is fearless ,and he eats like a pig ! We have had 120lb labs and I am impressed with this little tub of lards eating ability lol. He is awesome though !

I snotted coffee out my nose reading this. I read it to Mrs.C and she did the same, only with tea.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800