Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2019, 03:08 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I'm no one to talk or judge if you have seen my pizza delivery videos.
LoL now we need to see some of those deliveries!

Old 07-29-2019, 09:35 AM   #32

Hells yeah culcune... post a link .. IMMEDIATELY!

Old 07-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
LoL now we need to see some of those deliveries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
Hells yeah culcune... post a link .. IMMEDIATELY!
I don't want to hijack, so here is my thread with the two videos I have posted; it is a TGB 49.3cc 2-stroke scooter, and is the company's scooter; quite different than a dual-sport.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24052

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-29-2019, 12:07 PM   #34

Grim Reaper lane splitting on that first vid.

Get any road rash rubbing up on that bus on your right side?

Geez

Old 07-29-2019, 04:05 PM   #35

Quote:
I don't want to hijack, so here is my thread with the two videos I have posted; it is a TGB 49.3cc 2-stroke scooter, and is the company's scooter; quite different than a dual-sport.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24052

Well it depends where you live, lane splitting may be legal or not.
Here is legal, in fact our motorcycle test to get a license is just like the one in Spain and that the main point of that test is to see if you can lane split and zig zag. Pretty much to see if you can ride in a crowded city.....

The main issue with that is that a lot of motorcycle riders never rode a car or more important a real truck, not a big pick up, but a full size truck. Because of this they don't understand that car have blind spots and buses and trucks are pretty much a big blind spot.
Since they don't know this, it lends to some nasty accident where a bus, truck or sometimes a car with a lazy driver hit them or rams them.

A rule that i use with trucks and bus when riding a motorcycle is "If i can see them to they eyes, then they MAY see me. If i can't see the driver then they can't see me"

Old 07-29-2019, 10:23 PM   #36

Life is all about the risk. My fiance died last year after 4yrs of us being together. We were supposed to get married this spring at Virginia beach. But we had an argument about what Super Bowl party we were going to attend and I stayed home. At 5am she decided she was gonna deep fry some potatoes and onions, and passed out while they were on the stove. I haven't had a whole lot of reason to live since then and that has contributed to my riding style here lately. Poor excuse I know, but sometimes you just wanna lean headfirst into that pylon at 130mph.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:04 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Life is all about the risk. My fiance died last year after 4yrs of us being together. We were supposed to get married this spring at Virginia beach. But we had an argument about what Super Bowl party we were going to attend and I stayed home. At 5am she decided she was gonna deep fry some potatoes and onions, and passed out while they were on the stove. I haven't had a whole lot of reason to live since then and that has contributed to my riding style here lately. Poor excuse I know, but sometimes you just wanna lean headfirst into that pylon at 130mph.
Oh, man! I know you talked about hitting a barrier at 165 MPH in a thread BEFORE you had your accident, and now your quote about your head into a pylon at 130; it is easy for me to say, but there are many reasons for you to live; think about all of us posting on your accident thread--we are for the most part strangers; there are countless others who are IN your life directly who would like to see you live a long and prosperous life. Sorry to read about your fiancé, but I am sure SHE wouldn't want you to go prematurely.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-30-2019, 02:10 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
Grim Reaper lane splitting on that first vid.

Get any road rash rubbing up on that bus on your right side?

Geez
It is the fisheye lens on the GoPro...it is not as bad as it looks. Before I quit in the next month or so, there is a mother of all lane splits down Franklin Ave. between Highland and La Brea; that will be the video to end all my pizza delivery videos. About a mile of lane splitting, but the cars are stationary. As Oneleggedrider stated; it is all about the risk, and while the angle and lens of the video makes it look super-dangerous, it is all a calculated risk and for fun. If you could ride a small-displacement scooter around the urban centers of Los Angeles (I used to ride for a restaurant in downtown L.A. on their 155cc SMAX Yamaha), you would see what I am talking about. It is 'bad' but not as 'bad' as it looks is what I am getting at, not to mention I only do it twice a week which minimizes the risks even more.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #39

Who knew a brief stint at being a pizza delivery guy would prep you later in life to ride Super Moto X professionally.

Time to switch careers and go pro.

Mountain Dew is ready to endorse you!!!

Old 07-30-2019, 09:04 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Don't count out proper riding footwear and good gloves either. I cring at how many people I see riding without gloves on. The first thing to usually hit the ground are your hands.

I learned that the hard way - I was fortunate enough to grow up on a long road that had about 5-6 old dis-used town roads running off it so everyone used to come to my house to ride the old roads some of which snaked up into the mountains pretty far. about 30 miles of roads with maybe 15-20 houses total on the road so it was pretty much our playground. We all had smaller Honda XR's/XL's which thankfully meant low noise and fairly slow speeds - - riding on one of the roads I made the mistake of hitting a washout at the wrong angle I went down hands first. and my buddy behind me did the same but over the handle bars - both of us superman'ed it - skinned hands, rocks in bedded in our palms but we walked away and got right back on (thankfully it was very low speed)

Now I don't get on the bike without my gloves.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:02 AM   #41

Quote:
Oh, man! I know you talked about hitting a barrier at 165 MPH in a thread BEFORE you had your accident, and now your quote about your head into a pylon at 130; it is easy for me to say, but there are many reasons for you to live; think about all of us posting on your accident thread--we are for the most part strangers; there are countless others who are IN your life directly who would like to see you live a long and prosperous life. Sorry to read about your fiancé, but I am sure SHE wouldn't want you to go prematurely.
Sorry I shouldn't have posted that. Sometimes looking through old photos and drinking bacardi rum don't mix. Let's get back to original topic of safety. When I come to an intersection or see a car waiting to pull out I just assume they're gonna. That has saved me more than once.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:29 AM   #42

When I read these posts and advice from the masters.....it is so interesting that we teach the same words and philosophy in firearms instruction....AND Dan is correct when he speaks of his XBOLT!

Carrying concealed or open carry.....
We speak of an accident vs negligent discharge....
Rules of firearm safety!!
Awareness...Dennis Tueller drill, we advocate 30 to 35 ft distance, codes of awareness, risk management. Yes be in awareness, but don't put one self in harms way....ie dark alley, etc.....

Muscle memory, dry fire.

Shoot at the range, practice drills, practice draw.....etc. Eyes and ears when shooting.

Hand off a firearm..... unload and show clear. AND so on.....

And so on....we can apply any of the drills or teachings to jobs or in our daily work....

Since I have years of snowmobile experience, would I let someone ride my sled with little or no , or intermediate experience? No. They will get hurt, or hurt others. Personally I haven't had big bike experience in years, therefore am retraining on a smaller, easy to handle bike, going at the situation slow. Am I perfect, no way. Have I had a few motorcycle accidents, yes and lived thru them, better than most.

Most important in any situation....human life.

All of the words of wisdom has many applications in life. We want to stay safe, and not hurt others. The words of the fellows here, as I call them the masters, are so valuable, and well taken.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Last edited by wedooit; 07-30-2019 at 10:57 AM. Reason: darn self correct

Old 07-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #43

Quote:
Oh my gosh....oh my gosh....trials and tribulations make us stronger. I believe in destiny. Maybe your destiny is to coach and teach Jay, or one never knows. You survived your last episode. Not to detract, but I was hurt in an explosion a year ago, spent several days in a burn unit, and I survived. I have a destiny to fulfill, and am happy to fulfill whatever comes my way. Your words of wisdom here, and experience, is valuable to all of us!!! Teach and share what you know.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 07-30-2019, 11:18 AM   #44

1LEG - nothing to be sorry about here

Sure nobody here is Dr. Phil and sure its a web forum, but its a brotherhood none the less.

Besides if ou were gone, who would chronicle your cousin Jay's life.

Once he dons that dead sexy orange mc jacket... a posted pic is a must!

Hang in there bro

Old 07-30-2019, 11:28 AM   #45

Quote:
Sorry I shouldn't have posted that. Sometimes looking through old photos and drinking bacardi rum don't mix.
I know that lesson all too well, except with me it's Canadian rye whisky. That's one reason that I do most of my posting in the morning.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer