Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
ARH,

Thanks for your insight on this. I'm having a hard time finding knobby tires for the rear of the Brozz (Superior Powersports lists it as a 110/90-17.)

I'll have to do some research on swapping rims before I commit to this model.
I'm having trouble finding some also.
I was thinking about changing the size to 21/19 on the Bronx but then that will throw off the speedometer

Old 03-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWeld View Post
Does this business have a website?
I'm not sure. I found them by searching for local dealers for rocketa,Bashsn and peace sports

Old 03-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #33

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
I reached out to both Power Ride Outlet and Superior Powersports about their Brozz stock. Both emailed back stating they carry the 2016 model year. Superior Powersports also stated that the 2017 model "won't be out until September of this year"

Does anyone else have any conflicting or corroborating information on this statement?

Also, I am very close to buying the Brozz myself, but am hesitant due to the wheel size. What are the odds that another set of wheels could be fitted to the bike? I've never swapped dual sport wheels, so I don't know if the wheel widths are standard, or other considerations due to the brakes. Knowing I could put Hawk (or Honda?) wheels on a Brozz would have me clicking the checkout button tonight.
New set of 21"/18" steel rimed wheels that fit your bike would be about $150 shipped for both. A new set of 21"/18" alloy rimed wheels (I bought a set and they rock!) Will cost just over $200 shipped. Alloy wheels on our bike are a great upgrade. Iam surprised Iam the only one on here that's done this?

Old 03-17-2017, 08:29 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
New set of 21"/18" steel rimed wheels that fit your bike would be about $150 shipped for both. A new set of 21"/18" alloy rimed wheels (I bought a set and they rock!) Will cost just over $200 shipped. Alloy wheels on our bike are a great upgrade. Iam surprised Iam the only one on here that's done this?
Would you have a link to the alloy set you got by chance ?

Also Did it mess with your speedo going to a larger wheel ?

Thanks

Old 03-17-2017, 08:42 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper1012 View Post
Would you have a link to the alloy set you got by chance ?

Also Did it mess with your speedo going to a larger wheel ?

Thanks
My bike came with the larger wheels. Some of these bikes have been having spokes pull out of hubs and or rims. Turns out the spokes where to thin and it turned out to be cheaper to buy new alloy rimed wheels with the right spokes then it would be to re-spoke the old wheels. Yesterday I posted a link to a complete set of alloy wheels (front and back) with the same tires my bike came with shipped for around $200. I'll find that post and post the link here. You have to be very careful to check with the seller to make sure the wheels they send are the right ones. I measured ever thing took lots of photos that I sent to the seller to make sure. I even sent photos of my motorcycle just to be extra sure.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:44 AM   #36

Here's the link. Make sure to read post 38.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...287#post247287

If you use chrome you can have it translate the link for you. Set it to auto translate the pages.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #37

Quote:
My bike came with the larger wheels. .
Where did you order it from ? I was wondering if any of them came with the larger wheels

Old 03-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #38

Quote:
Where did you order it from ? I was wondering if any of them came with the larger wheels
My bike is not being sold anymore.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
So if I wanted to switch to a 18 inch rim from the 17 inch what would I need to do?
Well, the first thing I would do is count the number of spokes on the current rim. If it is 36, switching would be easy. I advise you to go to Britannia Motorcycles site, and watch chapter 13 on building a trials bike out of a B-25 BSA. He shows the easiest way to spoke a wheel that I have ever seen. Takes all the mystery out of it. As far as spokes go, measure the length of the spokes on the 17 inch wheel, and order new spokes 1/2 in longer. I'd order one of each different spoke to make sure the half inch is enough on each of them. If you get them from China, be sure you get the heavier spokes, as the standard spokes are borderline heavy enough for an off road bike. You don't want to end up with the problems Merlin had with his new bike, a Bashan Blaze....ARH

Last edited by Ariel Red Hunter; 03-17-2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Added info

Old 03-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #40

Quote:

If you use chrome you can have it translate the link for you. Set it to auto translate the pages.
Thank you for that info. ! I am very hesitant to buy them from there even with chrome translating im not sure if I have the correct one or not it is very broken English.

Am I correct that the wheel size is 2.75 x21 & 4.10 x 18 ?
I could just get a outer wheel and lace it to my existing hubs ?

Sorry for so many questions I am trying to wrap my head around this. I do appreciate everyone help !

Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 AM   #41

Quote:
Thank you for that info. ! I am very hesitant to buy them from there even with chrome translating im not sure if I have the correct one or not it is very broken English.

Sorry for so many questions I am trying to wrap my head around this. I do appreciate everyone help !
Yes you could buy a rim and spokes and re-lace your wheels. I bought my wheels there with NO problems.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #42

Quote:

No, that's the tire size, not the rim size. Yes, you can just get the rim and build the wheel with your current hub. You will need new spokes, but that's not a big deal....ARH

Old 03-20-2017, 10:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
No, that's the tire size, not the rim size. Yes, you can just get the rim and build the wheel with your current hub. You will need new spokes, but that's not a big deal....ARH
The rim sizes I found on Taobao are 2.15X18, 36 hole for the rear, and 1.6X21, 36 hole for the front. For your information, the rim width is measured from inside to inside. The tire size is from widest area outside to widest spot outside. That's why the rims seem to be too narrow. When you look at spokes, go with the thickest ones you can find-4 mm. The 3 and 3.5 mm are not as strong. You need strong spokes for off road. Also the skinnier spokes can pull out through the hub flange holes. Merlin had experience with this....ARH

Old 03-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #44

Ok Thank You guys !

Old 03-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #45

Quote:

Did you buy the "steel ring" or "aluminum ring" version of these wheels? I assume the steel and aluminum refers to the rim?