Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #31

Let is know tomorrow when you have a good charge.

It is probably something small, easy to fix, and difficult to find.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #32

I'm not inclined to think stator yet, I still think that you can't perform a valid test until the battery is strong.

Once the battery is fully charged, and if you still get no spark, I'd believe a CDI or rectifier problem before anything else (assuming no loose connections).

How did you establish the correct Autolite plug? A cross-reference chart? An NGK is cheap and reliable, and it's what Honda spec'd when the engine was first developed.

Let's say (after the battery is charged) you do get spark, but it still won't run. Just for fun, remove the air cleaner and try again; maybe it can't breathe.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #33

I'm inclinded to drive the 10 minutes to come over and help you find the problem.

You got beer there?
8)

Old 08-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I'm not inclined to think stator yet, I still think that you can't perform a valid test until the battery is strong.

Once the battery is fully charged, and if you still get no spark, I'd believe a CDI or rectifier problem before anything else (assuming no loose connections).

How did you establish the correct Autolite plug? A cross-reference chart? An NGK is cheap and reliable, and it's what Honda spec'd when the engine was first developed.

Let's say (after the battery is charged) you do get spark, but it still won't run. Just for fun, remove the air cleaner and try again; maybe it can't breathe.
I'm in the process of taking off the body, easier to look at what is going and check for any loose connections. I also order the Mini ATV Electric Modules Bundle from GIO it has a solenoid, ignition coil, cdi and rectifier for $49.95

I took the original chinese plug to Lordco and that's what they sold me. Same size and gap but a bit pricey. I will try NGK next time.

OKay I'll try that, i have to pick up a charger from Canadian Tire tomorrow. I think the battery is okay w/o testing. The headlight and taillight are bright...

Old 08-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
I'm inclinded to drive the 10 minutes to come over and help you find the problem.

You got beer there?
8)
Thanks for offer. I'll keep trying. i would like to get it ready for Tueday we are going up Kamloops for a week. Would be fun to have around. I'm also under the gun for school. I have a proposal due Monday and I keep procrastinating especially with a new toy.

Are you kidding I have two small kids...I always have beer. It's the only way to stay sane sometimes! 8O

Cheers

Old 08-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by crhunter

Thanks for offer. I'll keep trying. i would like to get it ready for Tueday we are going up Kamloops for a week. Would be fun to have around. I'm also under the gun for school. I have a proposal due Monday and I keep procrastinating especially with a new toy.

Are you kidding I have two small kids...I always have beer. It's the only way to stay sane sometimes! 8O

Cheers
Right with you on that one. I have two girls, shoot me...because if not I'll need the gun in about 6 years time. Know what I mean?

:twisted: