Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2022, 11:19 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
This is the choice you will want to make, I promise you. These bikes are so much fun. Super light, they make a street legal one (depending on state). And you can always bump that 190 to a 212 and really rip it. I have 2 of the 150s and they are all the bike I need.
That's right, PhildoScaggins, you have an Orion. I recall when they were 125cc, then soon after, 150cc, and now 190cc. I like the idea of them coming with light kits already installed for street legality (for me), but also for anyone getting stranded out in the wild during the winter months (I am thinking of relatively warm, dry deserts, like those found in California or here in AZ). I know that in December, a nice December day in California gets pretty much pitch black by 5:30 PM. If one started out by, say 1:00 or 2:00 PM, they could easily find themselves stranded. The added security of a headlight and taillight can help protect someone out in parts of the deserts around here not only to see, but also be seen by other off-roaders. I know that the Apollo Deluxe is green stickered in California and I would recommend that to someone over their pure dirt bike for safety reasons, provided one's riding is more along the lines of 'mild' such as dirt roads and smoother trails, as the dirt bike is a bit better suited to more aggressive riding and jumping.

But, as far as for a 12 year old and 5'3", I couldn't imagine a better all-around bike than the Orion 190 (I had already suggested it, which is why it is on his radar) due to its lighting. I couldn't remember exactly who had one already on here, and I am glad you chimed in, Phildo

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard