Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2018, 01:20 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
not sure what the kit is selling now but mine was a mikuni vm22. being 26mm measurement at venturi and 22mm out into intake manifold. no extras needed. all needed was included except desired jets. i like these mikuni carbs.
Is this the one you ordered? I’m not seeing anything about it being 22mm it’s just saying 26mm. I just want to be sure I get the right one

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FS6M3W8...iglink28144-20

Old 04-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Is this the one you ordered? I’m not seeing anything about it being 22mm it’s just saying 26mm. I just want to be sure I get the right one

I was wonder about that carb also. I don't think its a real Mikuni 22mm but seems like the one a lot are getting these Grom clones.

I was looking at that one or this one. Anyone know the difference between them?

https://www.amazon.com/Mikuni-Round-...Mikuni+22mm+VM

Old 04-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinabike View Post
I was wonder about that carb also. I don't think its a real Mikuni 22mm but seems like the one a lot are getting these Grom clones.

I was looking at that one or this one. Anyone know the difference between them?

https://www.amazon.com/Mikuni-Round-...Mikuni+22mm+VM
What is real and what is fake who knows. The carb in the link is similar to a vm20 i bought years ago. It does not have a butterfly choke, it has a choke "circuit". If memory serves me right, you can also change the main jet by removing the bolt on the float bowl. The biggest issue for me was trying to find an intake to fit it. If you look at the link below, the picture that shows the side where the intake mounts, the mounting holes are inline with the center of the flange, every intake I've seen, the mounting holes are slightly off center to fit the so called fake carbs.

Here is an interesting thread comparing the two.

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/m...omparison.html

Last edited by Hellkitty; 04-09-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #34

Sort of confused now, sorry. I just made a new HELLCAT Carb thread.

Hellkitty does you Mikuni look like the one in the bay link you posted?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/161240922802?rmvSB=true

Did you use the stock intake? If not, what did you do with that vacuum line that comes out of the stock intake?

Must intakes i have seen don't have that vacuum outlet?

So would it be better to buy this whole set up? But it's a 26mm?

Old 04-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #35

Get a UNI breather filter... or leave it open.

All that hose is, is the crankcase vent. I have a small uni filter on mine.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:21 PM   #36

Did you get carb to work with out new cable mine pull up in that spot

Old 04-26-2018, 08:18 PM   #37

I have a Hellcat, with a 26mm carb and 26mm intake pipe, without the vacuum line, I just ran my line from the crankcase up with the inline filter still attached so it didn't get dirt inside, (not sure if this is ok or not) I did have to flip the new pipe around some my carb is in the front of the engine, but worked. As far as gearing goes, the 17T is the biggest you can go with up front, however my hellcat came with a 34T in the rear and I swapped it with a 32T. I was pushing 60 mph around 7800 RPMs on flat ground (I'm 5'8 130 lbs) I think my valves need to be adjusted tho, because even with stock carb set the best it could be set wouldn't idle once warmed up, then when I installed the new 26mm carb same problem... I also just got a 27mm carb and have a 27mm intake pipe coming, the hole in the engine is 27mm max, so I figured I'd give it everything I could... I'll keep you posted... my new exhaust is coming next week, I already I know I'll have to fabricate it to work, but hopefully not too bad... we'll see. Your bike looks nice, I like these bikes because there is always something else than can be done either for performance or for looks...

Old 05-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #38

that amazon link for the carb kit i posted isnt a good kit. i must have gotten lucky with the first one i ordered bc it ran perfect on my vader. the next two i ordered weren't good, anywhere close, even after adjustments...i wont order that one anymore....i will spend the extra change for the genuine mikuni. the second two i ordered came with wrong sized gaskets. beware

Old 05-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #39

has anyone tried 18t on these grom clones?

didnt even know these were avail.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35086419515....N36.S1.R1.TR3

Old 05-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #40

Quote:
that amazon link for the carb kit i posted isnt a good kit. i must have gotten lucky with the first one i ordered bc it ran perfect on my vader. the next two i ordered weren't good, anywhere close, even after adjustments...i wont order that one anymore....i will spend the extra change for the genuine mikuni. the second two i ordered came with wrong sized gaskets. beware
Are you talking about the paper gasket or the plastic one? I’ve been running that amazon one also. The only issue I’ve had it that the bolts were to long for the intake to bolt to the engine. I’m pretty sure I bottomed them out. Hopefully I didn’t push through into the engine case though

Old 05-03-2018, 02:17 PM   #41

Quote:
didnt even know these were avail.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35086419515....N36.S1.R1.TR3
I bought one of these 18T but it’s too big, it won’t fit with the chain on it. If you want more gearing then the 17T, you’ll have to step down the back sprocket. Like I mentioned before I have the 17T in the front, and swapped out the 34T for a 32T in the rear.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:01 PM   #42

Quote:
Are you talking about the paper gasket or the plastic one? I’ve been running that amazon one also. The only issue I’ve had it that the bolts were to long for the intake to bolt to the engine. I’m pretty sure I bottomed them out. Hopefully I didn’t push through into the engine case though
paper ones, one was too small and other was too large, go figure! and the bolts i used for the plastic spacer connection.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:30 PM   #43

Quote:
Same. Came with wrong gasket size had to cut it wider. Carb is working good but i hate it with bottom fuel/air screw. i think i might get the vm22 with it on the side.

Ya you need to change to intake bolt size, the stock intake has a longer base. No one told me that you probably did what i did, but i did it more extreme and snapped my bolt.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:33 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcstriker29 View Post
I bought one of these 18T but it’s too big, it won’t fit with the chain on it. If you want more gearing then the 17T, you’ll have to step down the back sprocket. Like I mentioned before I have the 17T in the front, and swapped out the 34T for a 32T in the rear.
you got the 18t to fit on? isn't the case to small?

Last edited by Chinabike; 05-09-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:31 PM   #45

Quote:
paper ones, one was too small and other was too large, go figure! and the bolts i used for the plastic spacer connection.
Where does that paper one even go? I used the original paper one between the head and intake manifold. I then used the plastic one between the intake manifold and carb. Does it go with the plastic one? I noticed the bolt pattern didn’t match to go to the head.