Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2016, 06:41 PM   #31

Hehe

uh....uh.....ug.....LOUDER
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #32

According to Motocheez it makes the bike go brap. brap. The red one is the fastest you can tell just by looking at my picture of the spark arrestor screen.

The header doesn't have a cat and the muffler is also less restrictive. It's like the Pearl Jam - Even Flow song.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #33

Air Pump

For those of us looking to upgrade our TT250 exhaust, let's discuss this little device for a second.

What many call an EGR, I believe is actually an air pump valve. Instead of taking unburnt gasses back through the air cleaner from the exhaust port like an EGR (which would make no sense to toss frying hot gasses on a rubber hose), I believe (at least here in CA), it actually opens and lets fresh, filtered air (O2) IN to the exhaust port and tosses that fresh oxygen on your cat to super heat it under heavy loads. Picture a blow dryer on a charcoal briquette. This little device, to the best of my knowledge, does nothing to hamper power. It's strictly there to help the cat burn excess HC's and CO under heavy throttle, up hills and under load.

That said....when you change your exhaust to a more free breathing unit, without a cat in the way....that little device will be tossing that extra fresh oxygen under load on to your brand new muffler packing, super heating it and shortening it's lifespan.

If you are looking to upgrade your exhaust and delete the cat, I would suggest to either remove the entire assembly and plate off the port at the head....or what we do here in CA. Put a BB in the small vac line to stop the diaphragm from opening....plus stick a large object inside the larger rubber hose that comes from the head. That way, it's no long functioning...but it LOOKS like it's there.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 03-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:09 AM   #34

2LZ, thanks for showing this new "mystery lump". Makes good sense.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
2LZ, thanks for showing this new "mystery lump". Makes good sense.
I am still scared to buy a muffler much less a mystery lump

Old 07-01-2016, 07:59 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
For those of us looking to upgrade our TT250 exhaust, let's discuss this little device for a second.

What many call an EGR, I believe is actually an air pump valve. Instead of taking unburnt gasses back through the air cleaner from the exhaust port like an EGR (which would make no sense to toss frying hot gasses on a rubber hose), I believe (at least here in CA), it actually opens and lets fresh, filtered air (O2) IN to the exhaust port and tosses that fresh oxygen on your cat to super heat it under heavy loads. Picture a blow dryer on a charcoal briquette. This little device, to the best of my knowledge, does nothing to hamper power. It's strictly there to help the cat burn excess HC's and CO under heavy throttle, up hills and under load.

That said....when you change your exhaust to a more free breathing unit, without a cat in the way....that little device will be tossing that extra fresh oxygen under load on to your brand new muffler packing, super heating it and shortening it's lifespan.

If you are looking to upgrade your exhaust and delete the cat, I would suggest to either remove the entire assembly and plate off the port at the head....or what we do here in CA. Put a BB in the small vac line to stop the diaphragm from opening....plus stick a large object inside the larger rubber hose that comes from the head. That way, it's no long functioning...but it LOOKS like it's there.
Have you put it on your bike

Old 07-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
Have you put it on your bike
An after market exhaust? I've put them on all of my bikes, with the exception of the TT because it just arrived. I don't plan on doing any mods until it's broke in.

On Q, I blocked the air pump off as I explained above so I didn't burn up my new muffler packing. Q is the only one that had the little pump on it. My X-Moto and my quad don't have the pumps because they're off-road only.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #38

check out motocheeze's exhaust video on youtube. I take back what I said about not likely to increase power, as his bike is setup for highway type speeds and he pulls wheelies easily in second gear in that video!!!, da cheez is NOT a flyweight kinda guy, So, you can believe he's found some real, demonstrable power there!
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
check out motocheeze's exhaust video on youtube. I take back what I said about not likely to increase power, as his bike is setup for highway type speeds and he pulls wheelies easily in second gear in that video!!!, da cheez is NOT a flyweight kinda guy, So, you can believe he's found some real, demonstrable power there!
Indeed! These things can get going well with just a few mods. My Q 200cc scoots right along. An added extra 5 hp, dyno proven! That's quite a percentage of a jump when you consider it came with 15 hp.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-03-2016, 05:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughmas View Post
It's the same one from the thread you linked earlier, the crf230f exhaust from ebay

This seller has multiple colors, I got the fastest black one

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Silencers-Mu...012&rmvSB=true
Placed my order today aluminum will keep you guys posted it will be well worth it for even 2 more hp do you guys have any suggestions on air breather modds

Old 07-04-2016, 12:21 AM   #41

Quote:
Placed my order today aluminum will keep you guys posted it will be well worth it for even 2 more hp do you guys have any suggestions on air breather modds
Looking forward to your report! I did some low speed trail riding today on the neighbors property and the TT did magnificent....but it really needs some help on the more demanding higher speed stuff. You can tell the cat and exhaust has it completely choked up.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-04-2016, 01:15 AM   #42

Quote:
What is that bulge for on the head pipe?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
What is that bulge for on the head pipe?
They are probably just 'designed' it to 'look or perform' like the FMF PowerBomb Header... the 'bulge' is the supposed to 'increase HP/Torque while lowering sound/DB levels'...

"The redesigned PowerBomb is a four-stroke header that incorporates FMF’s patented PowerBomb module at a precise location in the initial stage of the header. By positioning this “Bomb” at a key point in the system, increased performance and flow is achieved through the expansion and contraction of exhaust sonics through the system. Result is a flow increase of nearly 10%! The outer chamber in the Powerbomb allows the air to expand, cool and ramp back up at a higher velocity. Additionally, the PowerBomb is a “pre-muffler” of sorts which helps to lower the bikes sound output by providing more sound absorbing surface area for the sound medium (exhaust gases). On some models, you can choose between a moto or supercross version. The supercross version is designed for more low to mid-range power where the moto version is focused in the mid to upper RPM range."

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
They are probably just 'designed' it to 'look or perform' like the FMF PowerBomb Header... the 'bulge' is the supposed to 'increase HP/Torque while lowering sound/DB levels'...

"The redesigned PowerBomb is a four-stroke header that incorporates FMF’s patented PowerBomb module at a precise location in the initial stage of the header. By positioning this “Bomb” at a key point in the system, increased performance and flow is achieved through the expansion and contraction of exhaust sonics through the system. Result is a flow increase of nearly 10%! The outer chamber in the Powerbomb allows the air to expand, cool and ramp back up at a higher velocity. Additionally, the PowerBomb is a “pre-muffler” of sorts which helps to lower the bikes sound output by providing more sound absorbing surface area for the sound medium (exhaust gases). On some models, you can choose between a moto or supercross version. The supercross version is designed for more low to mid-range power where the moto version is focused in the mid to upper RPM range."
makes sense .... We all know the results of straight pipes. Really cool until that skull splitting headache kicks in from listening to that nonsense for a few hours.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-04-2016, 11:38 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
makes sense .... We all know the results of straight pipes. Really cool until that skull splitting headache kicks in from listening to that nonsense for a few hours.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ear.jpg (31.8 KB, 171 views)

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid