Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #31

Two rims without tires would be great, if you're confident they're straight.

You're right that shipping might be pretty steep. Perhaps I can get a quote from Greyhound before you begin. I can weigh a bent rim that I have for a shipping estimate. Please PM me the city you would be shipping from.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-17-2015, 10:38 PM   #32

Also, if you don't mind sending one of the air snorkles, that would be great. I want to experiment with one, without cutting mine up.

Is the trim on your rear bumpers ok? It pops out without too much effort. The upper trim on mine is scarred, and the bottom trim is missing a section and is held on with zip ties.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #33

Snorkel is no problem ,the bumper trim might not be the best ,my trucks are work trucks and unfortunately they take a beating .All my rims to the best of my knowledge are fine ,neither truck wobbles or vibrates in any way ,besides throwing them on a balancer how would you like me to check them for you ? Greyhound would be from Sudbury ,I don't have a bare rim so if you could bring one in that would be awesome .

Old 05-17-2015, 11:03 PM   #34

If you were able to simply jack up the wheel and spin it, that would be good enough for me. You would certainly spot a bent rim.

I'll weigh the rim and ask GH. I'll get back to you.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #35

I just looked at the bumper covers ,the lower piece is pretty good ,the left side piece is also good ,the right side piece is better than nothing ,it has a few marks on it as there is a big dent right in the corner of the bumper ,but the plastic is all fairly descent .It doesn't weigh anything ,so shipping it won't hurt at all .I am not sure from your pictures ,but my rims are not the ones with the chrome on them ,just factory silver painted .They do come either way ,and mine are kind of rusty .

Old 05-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #36

Mine have the chrome insert, so they don't match yours. I'll keep an eye on CL for matching rims, or a set of alloy take-offs. Thanks anyway.

The right side trim on my bumper is the scarred piece, but I could sand it out. It's really the lower piece that I need.

So far, it sounds like you can supply the lower bumper trim and the intake snorkel. I'll give it some more thought, and see if there's anything else I can use. Thanks again.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #37

What parts of the snorkel do you want ?Just want to make sure I send you everything that you need .I took off the upper bumper covers today ,and after rereading your post I see you wanted the lower piece instead l.o.l. .
The alternator is yours if you want it ,but when spinning it the bearings are on their way out .Currently works but making some noise .
The multifunction switch is ready to be popped out .I pulled off the gauge surround panel ,then was able to take out the two torx screws holding the column cover from the bottom ,and separate the top and bottom .The switch has two torx bolts holding it on ,one from the top ,the other from the steering wheel side ( turn the wheel to access the bolts ) .There is a few wire plugs but that is really about it .To remove the tilt lever ,just pull it straight out .Let me know on which snorkel parts you want and I will get it sent out to you .

Old 06-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #38

I think we should forget about the alternator and the snorkel. I had another look at the snorkel, and I can play with the one I have.

The multifunction switch is my top priority, and the lower bumper cover is #2. I'm so grateful that you'd take the time to remove these items for me.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #39

I will send them out to you tomorrow .
Bruce.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #40

Thank you, Bruce. Be sure to let me know the shipping cost, and your preferred method of payment. Greyhound or Canada Post or whatever else would be fine.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #41

They have been sent canada post ,tracking # 04506260000786
I don't mind covering the shipping .
Bruce.

Last edited by Weldangrind; 06-12-2015 at 12:15 AM.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:16 AM   #42

Thanks Bruce! I'm very grateful.

I'd really like to cover shipping. Please PM me an email address for Paypal or Interac.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:52 PM   #43

Your stuff should be there Monday or Tuesday according to the post office mail lady .Hope it is what you were expecting .
Bruce.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:40 AM   #44

It all arrived safely, Bruce. Thanks! Now, I just need the time to tear into my column.