Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2016, 07:11 PM   #31

hawk goes up in first with no clutch just throttle and sitting back a bit. Stock sprockets, Mikuni VM26 110 main, 20 pilot set on the bottom slot.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #32

I can power wheelie the bike in first gear fairly well, I just can't ride it out very long. I'm practicing clutch ups in second and I'm hoping if I can get comfortable doing that then I could ride it out.

I place my left foot on the passenger peg and leave the right foot covering the rear brake. My bike is all stock (inc. carb & jets) except I do have a 17t sprocket on the front.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:24 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MaXiPaD_ View Post
I can power wheelie the bike in first gear fairly well, I just can't ride it out very long. I'm practicing clutch ups in second and I'm hoping if I can get comfortable doing that then I could ride it out.

I place my left foot on the passenger peg and leave the right foot covering the rear brake. My bike is all stock (inc. carb & jets) except I do have a 17t sprocket on the front.
What kind of bike Max? I could power wheelie on my XL185 no problem but no luck with my XF250 or XGF200. What RPM range do you find ideal for power wheelies on your 250? Throttle response with my 250 at lower rpms is pretty unimpressive.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
What kind of bike Max? I could power wheelie on my XL185 no problem but no luck with my XF250 or XGF200. What RPM range do you find ideal for power wheelies on your 250? Throttle response with my 250 at lower rpms is pretty unimpressive.
I'm on a RPS Hawk 250. I'm not sure what RPM I launch at but it's fairly low. In first gear I'll creep at about 5 mph then hit the throttle and pull back. I put most of my weight on the rear passenger peg and I think that helps pull it up easier.