Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2016, 05:56 PM   #31

Has to give someone good service... he basically tossed us and our paperwork under the bus so fast it was insane

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:28 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Has to give someone good service... he basically tossed us and our paperwork under the bus so fast it was insane
I've heard it go both ways.I think he picks and chooses who he feels is worthy of his time,or either he has sh!tty days, and takes it out on his customers.I've never done business with him and will try to avoid it.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:36 PM   #33

Thumbs Up

I ordered this exhaust http://www.ebay.com/itm/322065277975 from china on wednesday. it arrived today! WOW they must have ran put it on the plane while i was still paying for it! 2 days from China its amazing!

No I don,t know the guy, no they don't pay or give me anything, I just had to share this amazing transaction!

Old 10-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcgee View Post
I ordered this exhaust http://www.ebay.com/itm/322065277975 from china on wednesday. it arrived today! WOW they must have ran put it on the plane while i was still paying for it! 2 days from China its amazing!

No I don,t know the guy, no they don't pay or give me anything, I just had to share this amazing transaction!
How's the magacian/ninja running now? Your Brooklet boys ordered the hawks yet? I use to ride some of those dirt roads in that area back in the day when I was at GSU. Gods country.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
How's the magacian/ninja running now? Your Brooklet boys ordered the hawks yet? I use to ride some of those dirt roads in that area back in the day when I was at GSU. Gods country.
I am putting it back together in the morning. They are ordering for Xmas. Cool, I am the newly promoted maintenance supervisor in charge of the 5000 + students dorm rooms at GSU. Small world! and I cant be sure but I would almost swear I heard and glimpsed a Hawk running around campus, keep trying to find it but no luck yet.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:32 PM   #36

Quote:
I am putting it back together in the morning. They are ordering for Xmas. Cool, I am the newly promoted maintenance supervisor in charge of the 5000 + students dorm rooms at GSU. Small world! and I cant be sure but I would almost swear I heard and glimpsed a Hawk running around campus, keep trying to find it but no luck yet.
Good job brother. I live on Tybee island and work in savannah now and have never seen a China bike. I would think a dealer could make some $ here but I guess it's just a scooter market. See a ton of those.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:42 PM   #37

I believe the hawk and Magician have different exhaust systems on them. It is not matching up mounting holes like in the hawk video.... I can make it work though, I hope... lol

Old 10-31-2016, 05:47 PM   #38

And I do believe the 112.5 jet is a little to big with the stock air box... little backfire when i shut it down, and the header is changing color.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:49 PM   #39

It actually sounds a little small to me. Those are classic signs of a lean mix.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
It actually sounds a little small to me. Those are classic signs of a lean mix.
Those are classic indications of a lean condition some where. I would start by squirting MarvelMysteryOil at the carb to head connections. If the exhaust smokes after you do this, it means you have a leak letting un-carbureted air into the engine, while it is running. If it passes that check, I'd do a plug chop to see what the mixture looks like at full throttle. If the plug is light brown, mixture is very close to right. Needle should be in the middle slot, but sometimes you have to go one slot leaner or richer. Now, if you have to run the idle mixture richer than 1 1/2 turns out, you need a richer pilot jet. If you change anything after you get the carburetion right, you will have to go through the same routine again.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #41

a little soot on my plug, however I only rode a little and was not at wot very much, maybe i should raise the needle, already put the stock 98 back in it

Old 11-02-2016, 12:55 AM   #42

Quote:
a little soot on my plug, however I only rode a little and was not at wot very much, maybe i should raise the needle, already put the stock 98 back in it
Raising the needle richens from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle opening. An old trick was to put red fingernail polish on the twist grip and the stationary part of the throttle control. One mark on the mount and 2 plus a dot on the twist grip. I would wind open the twist grip a couple of times until I could tell where the half open point is. Marked that point with a dot. Then I let the throttle close all the way, and marked the twist grip halfway to the dot on the twist grip. Then I opened it wide open, and marked half way from the position of the wide open grip to where the dot is. Now you know where 1/4 throttle is, which is where the needle takes over from the pilot jet, and you know where 3/4 throttle is, where the main jet takes over from the needle. Now you should know which jet to change, and why.

Old 11-02-2016, 06:03 PM   #43

just back from a 12 mile spin around the block. check the plug when it cools a little, Ran pretty good but I will trust what the plug tells me

Old 11-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #44

The plug really only tells you what is happening when you shut the engine off; the best way to read the plug is with a plug chop. Try one at idle, one at mid-range and one at WOT.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-05-2016, 03:22 AM   #45

well I am expecting jets and a pod filter tomorrow, I'm going to build a "pod guard" with my vacuum former. it will be part fender part battery box and part shield for the pod filter. i have to design it but no problem, already have my ABS sheets to form it out of. My trunk came in today and I will mount it tomorrow also. I am looking for adventure style saddle bags that will go with the look of it, maybe the soft ones... any Ideas?

My co-workers (Harley Road king riders) are telling me they are gonna call it the sand-bagger...