Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2017, 12:57 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
We also used to have KTM dealer in Bismarck called CycleHutt. They noticed that KTM didn't have a .com so they took the domain name to sell KTM parts. They got so big that they bought a RV lot in in Mandan and let riders use the huge parking lot to do stunts after hours with supervision. I remember the time that they brought in dirt for a free style MX team.

Anyway KTM wanted the domain name and it went to court. Cycle Hutt went on to become GunHutt and later out of business.

When I go off topic, I do it right. The SSR dealer that will also go out of business in Bismarck is only about 1 mile from my house. No bikes outside during the day. It's just another shop with no windows and white unmarked vans.
I love the birds eye of your local SSR dealer. Conveniently located between a meth lab and aluminum can recycling facility! Pizza Hutt hasn't been doing so well lately either.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:08 AM   #32

Culcune, I believe the stock tires on the XF are Kingstone Brand. My mechanic in NV was familiar with the brand and liked their tires, but heard they had pissed off the DOT somehow and weren't being sold in the US any longer. I think you have to buy an XF to get a new set. I got about 6,000 miles on my original set; the front tire was worn out (strange wear pattern too) but the back tire actually had some good tread left. I replaced mine with Shinko 244.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:25 AM   #33

http://www.ec21.com/product-details/...--4998782.html

Did the tire look like that? I'm wondering because the Shinko 244 is also called the Golden Boy and the SR-244 Golden Boy.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:20 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
For someone that uses a China bike going to work everyday such as yourself, I would think you would upgrade from your old bikes. Pull the trigger!
It would be nice to try one of these. Technically, I ride a Taiwanese bike as my TMEC is not really rideable at the moment. However, the draw of a brand new, $800 (including shipping) TMEC new old stock is getting my attention. Less commitment than a brand new $3k bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Culcune, I believe the stock tires on the XF are Kingstone Brand. My mechanic in NV was familiar with the brand and liked their tires, but heard they had pissed off the DOT somehow and weren't being sold in the US any longer. I think you have to buy an XF to get a new set. I got about 6,000 miles on my original set; the front tire was worn out (strange wear pattern too) but the back tire actually had some good tread left. I replaced mine with Shinko 244.
Thanks for the information. I thought you had the street tires? So, you have the fat tire model? Anyway, having to buy a brand new bike every time you need new tires seems kind of expensive!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-01-2017, 08:23 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy. View Post
I could get a triple pack of 2017 Ford Fiesta's for what I drive now, so what is your point? You buy cheap bikes you get cheap bikes and thats fine , it's all about having fun riding. And now I want to have fun riding a new SSR XF250 and it is hands down a better bike then the Hawk.
Tommy, I apologize if my comment offended you. It was not directed at you or on your choice of bikes. All these bikes are fun and are very similar. I choose the Hawk because it was cheap and it was all I could afford. Beside I enjoy taking a basic bike and mod it to my liking. I agree with you the SSR250 is a great bike and would not blink an eye to buy one if I could. This is no different than someone choosing to buy a fully loaded chevy Z71 or buying a base model chevy and modifying it to there liking. It's all what you or I like. "triple pack of 2017 Ford Fiesta's" That's some funny Sh__. Now back on subject.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #36

Quote:
It seems there are some reputable big brand dealers selling and servicing SSR in CA and NV, which may be a good sign for those worried about dealer support. Our local Suzuki/KTM dealer was also an SSR dealer until they closed, so even KTM and Suzuki riders have to drive an hour to the nearest dealer now.

When dealers don't work out though, there's always Taobao. Right now I have on the way a new seat, 2 sets of spare fork seals, 2 sets brake pads, 1 front rotor, 2 sets of plastics, 6 oil filters, and a tool kit for $120 with shipping. With my Haynes manual and cheap Taobao parts life is good!
That's great to hear. I need to give Taobao a try one of these days. I'm sure they probably have Q parts there as well and most of the SSR XF250 parts (cables, etc...) would fit anyway. I'll have to look. Not that I've had any problems or have needed any parts...but with age, you never know.

I did order a new rear fender plate from Q Link years back when they was still in Texas. I'd drilled four holes in the stock one to mount the little fender bag and I wanted a new on in backstock, in case I changed my mind. It was nice just to "click" and it arrived 3 days later, just like CSC. Not no mo. The Q Link site is still up and the copywrite shows to 2017...but I emailed them and asked about getting parts and it's been crickets.

http://www.qlinkmotor.com/index.php

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #37

Quote:
I love the birds eye of your local SSR dealer. Conveniently located between a meth lab and aluminum can recycling facility! Pizza Hutt hasn't been doing so well lately either.
And probably a plasma donation place near by too

Oops better watch what I say if I want to be nominated for scotus
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
http://www.ec21.com/product-details/...--4998782.html

Did the tire look like that? I'm wondering because the Shinko 244 is also called the Golden Boy and the SR-244 Golden Boy.
Mine are slightly different... Sold as a Shinko 244 ON Amazon however they are Golden Boy Brand.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:45 PM   #39

Quote:
Mine are slightly different... Sold as a Shinko 244 ON Amazon however they are Golden Boy Brand.
Nice to know there's readily available tires out there for the XF250 I may need to look at one of these someday.

When I bought my XP200, the XF200 (supermoto style) was vastly more popular than the XP that had the 21/18 wheel setup. I think only Fastdoc and I had XP's and there where a nice handful of XF's here at the time. Boost Crazy was a member who had his own dyno and it was fun to see him do mods and be the beta sight for the rest of us. Then there was trevort who was quite successful in racing his built XF200 up against the Japanese stuff in supermoto racing. You could actually buy hot cams for them back then. It was a fun time to be a Q link owner. Hopefully someone will be modding an SSR XF 250 someday and share the knowledge.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 02-06-2017, 03:32 PM   #40

Quote:
dh, just out of curiosity, have you had any better luck with SSR's service or parts support? I remember a while back you had issues with them (see link below). It's SSR's "illusiveness" that had me balk on the XF250. If I remember right, you bought your XF250 from Doug in Sac (ATV Wholesale). Does he still stock parts for them? I'm pretty sure he doesn't carry them anymore.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14999

2009 Q Link XP 200