Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #31

I got the cert. Pick up the plate tomorrow. Woooohooooo!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #32

Congrats!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #33

A rebel is born

Old 11-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #34

Update:=)

I'm legal now.
I got the best battery I could, and the bike seems to be recharging it ok. Load off my mind/.
Got some fouling on the left plug. Worried about rings and head gasket, I rode it to the cycle shop for a compressions test. All is fine , though not in sync yet. I was very worried. I feel like I just dodged a bullet and thought I would share the good vibe. 8)

The bike came with no airbox, filters or covers. I needed the rubber O rings for my jets, as they were in bad shape. So for now I put on cone filters and I have a range of jets coming in mid next week.
When using the old battery, I kick started a lot. Once when kicking I see the neutral light go off and figure my battery just died, but no. The shifter has too much play and is on a hair trigger. The next kick of the kicker moved my bike a foot forward, I was off ballence and couldn't hold it. I layed it down ever so gently, and bent the clutch handle. I found an Ebay site and it takes personal cheques.(Jets) It's in Ontario too, so the shipping is less. It has a set of handles to fit for about 9$.

I'm really happy that I don't have to re-do the gaskets on my bike. The cost of getting it done somewhere was out of the question. Parts are fairly easy to find, except the really nice non-pitted chrome ones. Air box covers and emblems are stupidly expensive, and new filters are rare as well. Almost easier and cheaper to modify it into a cafe racer. If the bike wasn't so stock and clean I'd have fun modifing it. Not many 35 year old bikes up here. Most are new and made to look 35.

I'll leave my gallery, but if you need space frostbite, just delete it. Have a good winter everyone! I still don't have to do my gaskets! WoooHooo . N2r, MjR.