Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #31

What brand of dielectric grease are you using waynev? Where did you find it?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
What brand of dielectric grease are you using waynev? Where did you find it?
Loctite/permatex of course, got it at CT rod and custom aka canadian tire.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #33

Thanks man. That's the answer I was hoping for, except we call it Crappy Tire.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #34

Re: where are you riding in ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro99
Hey Brainquishy
I just a new T3 200 as well. So you were able to get out for some fun on it. Any problems with gas coming out of the lock on the gas cap? I changed the plug to the NGK, it made a difference in my machine. Have you changed your plug yet? Have you had to make a chain adjustment?
I see you just posted an electrical problem. I found the wires hanging way to losely around the body, so I tape everything before I started assembling. The connection around the coil is so exposed, I taped that area well.
Where you riding in ontario? I also ride a 650 Tengai.
I have not had any gas coming out of the cap, but it is a pain in a$$! I had to dismantle it and fix a small bent flange to make it work right. I would have liked a non-locking cap for simplicity sake.
I did replace the plug but no chain adjustment needed. I took some pics today to post later on of the set up for that.

I no longer have ANY spark on my T3. It did back fire once as the system got well gassed up then set off with one last spark. I have a new CDI coming but it may be the coil. Does anyone know of a Japanese brand coil I can use? or will any universal coil for a 200cc engine work?

...and yes jethro99, I ride in Ontario. Barrie area. Love to hit the Simcoe County trails with you if your up for it. I take the KLR650 or the 200cc chinabike on them.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 04-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #35

Is there a chance that you have the same kill switch as the Beast? If so, it'll be on the left handlebar, and it resembles a street bike signal light switch. You can kill the engine by sliding the switch either right or left. once you do, you need to push the switch in once to reset it.

I really hope that's it.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #36

I thought that might be the problem. I worked that switch every way possible...no spark.
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #37

i recently had problems with my beast on starting it as well turned out that the solenoids on these things a peice of shit and that was the problem you way want to bugger around with that for a while. just a guess though.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:04 PM   #38

Thanks but I think I found the problem.
I picked up a new universal coil and tried that, but still no spark. So I did the only thing left. I pulled the CDI and beat it up with the fat end of a screw driver. Put it back in and it fired right up. Took it for a spin then it crapped out again.
The new CDI is scheduled to arrive early next week, so hopefully that should be the end of that.
I did put the larger carb in and it seemed to produce quite a bit more power for the short spin I could get out of it. I will get the full results soon.

Thanks for the input guys.

Oh, now the gas tank cap leaks, go figure!

Old 05-01-2010, 02:57 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainsquishy
I pulled the CDI and beat it up with the fat end of a screw driver.
That's my style of troubleshooting.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:00 AM   #40

can you say bad luck

Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #41

Hi there. On my Beast I had to change plug, Mikuni carb, cdi box, and put on the performance exhaust. Turned it into a different machine. Better idling,no backfiring on deceleration and goes like a scaired cat !!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw976
Hi there. On my Beast I had to change plug, Mikuni carb, cdi box, and put on the performance exhaust. Turned it into a different machine. Better idling,no backfiring on deceleration and goes like a scaired cat !!!!
Now swap the performance beast muffler for the monster muffler and it will be even better, maybe i just got a bad one but i found the performance beast muffler to be too restrictive, the monster muffler was way better and it shows in my carb jetting, i had to go to a 110 main and 25 pilot and the jet needle clip is on the 4th groove down, it will now easily wheelie in 2nd gear and will also do it in 3rd gear without using the clutch. The 200cc is a great engine when tuned properly.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #43

What Monster muffler? I haven't seen one in a long time on the Gio site. I'd really like to get another one for my son's XR200R project, but all I see is Beast mufflers.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
What Monster muffler? I haven't seen one in a long time on the Gio site. I'd really like to get another one for my son's XR200R project, but all I see is Beast mufflers.
I've seen them up for auction here and there, i think there was some up last week, but since the monster hasn't been sold for awile on gIO i imagine the supply will dry up soon, but they sure do work good and sound great on our beasts, where's PCD when you need him, i think he got 7 of them.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw976
Now swap the performance beast muffler for the monster muffler and it will be even better, maybe i just got a bad one but i found the performance beast muffler to be too restrictive, the monster muffler was way better and it shows in my carb jetting, i had to go to a 110 main and 25 pilot and the jet needle clip is on the 4th groove down, it will now easily wheelie in 2nd gear and will also do it in 3rd gear without using the clutch. The 200cc is a great engine when tuned properly.
Hey Waynev, I now have the big carb, performance CDI, performance shocks. I still can't wheelie! I really need to wheelie!
If I re-jet to the 110 main and 25 pilot and needle clip at 4th groove like yours, will I be able to wheelie!
Where does one get these jets. Local Honda shop?
Will I need a new exhaust to go with the jetting or can the stocker stay?