Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #31

ok FINALLY the sun came out for a day or two....we doubled up the bearings, using the same old bearings and a set of higher grade bearings (the number currently escapes me) and bam no more bearing troubles, of course then the solenoid (i think thats how you spell it) went, causing troubles with the starter....but its totally fixable

thanks for everyone's help/suggestions...much appreciated

Old 03-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #32

BEARING NUMBER

If you can could you post the bearing number... it should be on your bill from the place that you bought it from.. or the box that it was in.. thanks

Old 03-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #33

So you have four bearings in the carrier instead of two? That's brilliant! How are you spacing them apart in the center?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-15-2011, 02:45 AM   #34

is there even enough room to house 2 bearings in the axle housing ? how would you protect and keep the outter bearing clean ?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #35

Mizke, GioGirl is working on a kid's ATV, and it doesn't have the stepped area that prevents the bearing from moving. As such, a spacer tube is used to keep the bearings apart.

With that setup, you could literally stack bearings from one end of the housing to the other for extra axle support. The outer seals would still be used.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #36

ohh i see, stacking the bearings from one end to the other sounds like an idea.. that thing would roll as smooth as butter

Old 03-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #37

ok the bearing sizes are 69052rsc3 (that is the stock that we bought new ones of) then we put 6905dducmn7s are the other two, there were 3 spacers originally we removed 2 and now there is just the one in the center of the hub tube

Old 03-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #38

It would be great if you had pics for your good friends at China Riders.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #39

hmm weld if we used smaller bearings to fit inside of the stepped area on the beasts. we could run the axhle housing full of bearings instead of riding on just 2 bearings...

Old 03-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #40

I pounded on my quad for 18 months with no perceptible trouble. I even had the swingarm off recently to plate it, and the axle spins smoothly.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #41

next time im up there, ill take some pics, at least now its just up the street lol