Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #46

hey team cheap, what other options are there that u've brainstormed about,
my thought is what about a 30 deg or so might be 10 degrees, and turn the carb to the left/or right , just enough to run the air intake under that cross member , it is better to run an air hose pipe to a carb , than a intake pipe from carb to the engine.
then that way you can leave your engine back where you want it ,
just my thought
DD

Old 04-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #47

well one thing I havnt done yet is to flip the stock intake around and see where that puts the carb.(DOH)

I'm not fond of the long intake but it should still work.
I plan to just use a K&N filter on it since we really dont ride much water/mud

I was surprized that new intake fit as well as it does and it does move the carb back to a more useable position but I still think the counter shaft will have to come up to get a good alignment for the chain.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #48

Measure twice..Build once You'll get TC all in due time

Old 04-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #49

I just got two packages in the mail Hmmm I wonder what they could be oh well it will have to wait since I am on my lunch break.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #50

Goodies

Goodies are always nice in the mail .

I am sure you have noticed , but look how many hits this topic has brought in ? Many !
Your pretty popular , and so is the topic . Your doing what most don't have the talent or daring to do or to even try . Kudos fellow builder .

Cheers, Kelly5150 out

Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 PM   #51

you know what, I havnt looked at how many hits its gotten.
To me those are like post counts (dont really matter) but I'm glad a lot of people are following along.

The packages are the swingarm bearing kit and my counter shaft sprockets that fit the engine perfectly and are the correct #520 size to match the blasters rear sprocket size.

I went with a 12T and a 13T and I plan to get a new chain and rear sprocket when needed but for now I should be able to get the engine aligned.

I will try the 13T sprocket first and if I dont like that then I can hopefully just slip the 12T in there and adjust the chain up with out having to remove any links.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:07 AM   #52

OK a small update.
I have been working on this a little bit here and there while waiting for a rear caliper rebuild kit to come for my 300ex.

I have replaced the swingarm bearings and it is like new now so I can start the process of mounting the engine.
I had to use one of the old spacers to fill the gap in the swingarm area that the blaster engine would have filled.

And I finally found the counter-sprocket washer/lock so I can actually get it all lined up and weld in some engine mounts.

I still need a wire harness for it or I'll have to make one and then there are the control lever issues but I guess getting the engine mounted in is next.

I was thinking about switching the rear brakes to hydraulic in hopes of making room for the kick starter lever but I'll know better when the engine is in.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:43 AM   #53

Been so long since I've been here but I have gotten more done on the "chinablaster" or as I call it now "blastard".

Got the upper & lower rear engine mounts tacked in and the chain is set.
Worked all day long yesturday on the carb intake manifold, yeah I had to make it so it is crude but fitting for this project I suppose.

Probably be months before I get back here again :roll:.

I'll clean up the intake manifold and and check it for leaks some more and go out to the shed and look for any/all parts I might have for this then make a list of what I still need.

I know I need a wire harness and handlebar controls and a key but I think I have the rest.

I wish I could have gotten all this from a donor but never found one.
I thought about using parts off my wifes china bike but I hate to tear it apart just to get this to run plus I need a chinese ATV wire harness for it not the full motorcycle harness.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #54

Hey welcome back, while shaking my head at the wiring on my beast, I found a gio beast wiring harness on ebay for $20 plus shipping, not sure if it will help you, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GIO-2...ht_3153wt_1165

Old 12-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #55

That would probably work I already seen that.
I found this also and at about the same averall cost.
EBAY-Wire Harness 200cc 250cc

I have to go look around to see what exactly I need still and to start working on the mounting brackets for the electrical stuff.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #56

Thanks for bringing this old thread back to life; I hadn't come across it before. The intake tube you bought is exactly the one that comes stock on the Gio Beast 200. It is required so that the carb will sit low enough to accomodate the throttle cable into the top of the carb, vs a CV style that has the cable at the side.

I've toyed with the idea of a Chinese CV carb for my Beast, but it runs really well, so why mess with it?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
but it runs really well, so why mess with it?

Quote:
Cledus Snow: Well they said it ain't never been done before.
Bandit: W'hell thats the reason, son.
Cledus Snow: [shrugs] That's good with Fred.
Bandit: [laughing] Ten-four

Old 12-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #58

That intake even though it is long and drops the carb, it just wasnt right for my blastard project.No matter how I tried the rear shock support or the bottom of the fuel tank got in the way.

I looked at the CV carbs but just didnt like them, to much extra junk on them.

I finally gave in and tried to make one and even though it is hideous, I think it will work.Nothing fancy just steel plate and 1" black pipe cut and welded together.

I just dug up some other parts and I did keep the blaster air cleaner parts so I'm hoping I can use that instead of buying a K&N for it although a K&N would be fine by me, just dont have the cash.

Trying to get this 200cc china engine stuffed into this blaster frame has been a long time project but delayed by some real life problems but I am determined to ride it in the snow this winter so I'll just keep plugging away at it.

I have a lot done on it really compared to where I left off and it looks good so far with the engine set in place, the chain set and now the carb mountable.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #59

OK I got a coil, starter relay, CDI, regulator, a 300ex battery box.

I'll still need the thumb throttle and cable, choke cable, wire harness, left hand control switches, key, K&N filter I think I can make the blaster clutch cable work.

Hers is a picture.

I'll still have to shim the tank up so it clears the valve cover.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #60

I like your intake manifold. What did you use to seal the flange to the head?

Your new chain looks very straight; you seem to have accomplished good sprocket alignment.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer