Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprf1y
Your Canucks are alive for another day, but I have to say don't like their chances if they have to rely on the Sedin's, and Wellwood to win.

Well don't believe Don Cherry. Wellwood gets scratched a lot and he half asses his way through the season. He looks flashy when he stick handles, but he doesn't do much else. My guess is he's not resigned, as they have Cody Hodgson and some other kids coming up who will take his roster spot.

The Sedin's got checked into oblivion by Seabrook and Keith, much like last year. They had no help from Kesler or Raymond or anyone else who needed to score. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks hoist the cup this year, that team has everything you'd ever need to win.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #47

I didn't hear waht Don Cherry said about Wellwod.
I saw enough of him in Toronto to know he looks good on the ice, but doesn't get much accomplished. There's a reason why he was picked in the 5th round. The Sedin's are great, but like too many European players, when the playoffs start, and the checking gets tight, their level of play doesn't rise to the occasion.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprf1y
I didn't hear waht Don Cherry said about Wellwod.
I saw enough of him in Toronto to know he looks good on the ice, but doesn't get much accomplished. There's a reason why he was picked in the 5th round. The Sedin's are great, but like too many European players, when the playoffs start, and the checking gets tight, their level of play doesn't rise to the occasion.
Don Cherry is always whining that Toronto let Wellwood go and, "Look at this guy isn't he a beaut?!" Haha.. I laugh everytime I heard that.

I was hopeful the Sedins would be better this year in the playoffs. Those guys are tricky buggers and always seem to amaze me in the regular season. I'm a Canadian player fan myself, but our 'all world Canadian goaltended' tanked AGAIN in the playoffs this year.

Yes the Sedins didn't perform but neither did US born Kesler or French Canadian Burrows.. Burrows had 35 reg season goals and I think he scored 2 in the playoffs, and both were empty netters. Another frustrating year in Canuck land... makes it worse that the Canadiens are winning, because man I dislike them!

Old 05-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #49

Quote:
makes it worse that the Canadiens are winning, because man I dislike them!
As a leafs fan, I hear you loud and clear