Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 02:05 AM   #46

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Well, more SNOW is coming to CO. I haven't ridden the bike since Tuesday of LAST week. This sucks! All of you that are riding...enjoy! I'll be joining you soon (hopefully)!

Old 01-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #47

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Make that 2 weeks ago since I've ridden! All this snow is freezing my brain! :roll:

Old 01-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #48

Need to get one of the dual sport or dirt bikes so you can play when it snows. It's a lot like riding in sand. When you start out it will push thru it but if the snow is dense enough and you can get up enough speed you'll get up on top of the snow and can ride on the crust. Wish we had snow here, all we usually get is ice which is NEVER fun to ride on.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:19 AM   #49

Tank Vision Motorcycles

10 day forecast says MORE snow next Fri, Sat, Sun! THIS SUCKS BIG TIME! I wasn't really PLANNING on snow this winter! Oh, well, if the snow that came down on Fri melts enough next week before the next snow, maybe I can get a couple of quality hours on the road. We'll see! :evil:

Old 01-06-2007, 06:58 AM   #50

Always the nice thing about winter, you never know WHAT will happen. We normally have temps in the 30's this time of year with a lovely coating of ice but yesterday it was 65 deg!! Our Alberta clipper has turned into an Orlando clipper this year.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:52 PM   #51

Tank Vision Motorcycles

OK, gang. We can file this one under the "I'm having way too much fun with my bike in the garage" department. I go in the garage to grab the bike. Now keep in mind, our bicycles are hanging from the ceiling. I bump into my wife's bike, it come crashing down on the motorcycle! Cracked the fairing and the mirror on the left side! So, I did ride it just to the auto store to see if they had some kind of repair kit. Best they could do was a "mirror sheet" that could be cut to fit. I'll look around tomorrow at some of the bike shops. Any ideas? I'll get some pics of it and the bike tomorrow before I pull it out of the garage. So, I can honestly say the bike has never been dropped....just dropped on!

Old 01-09-2007, 06:46 AM   #52

My father always said you need a garage and a shed,

"You put the rakes, lawnmowers, bicycles, and other crap in the shed and leave the garage for the important stuff."

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 01-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #53

Tank Vision Motorcycle

Sounds like a very wise man!

Old 01-11-2007, 10:43 PM   #54

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Say, does anyone know of a hot spark plug that would be good for a Tank Vision? It has basically the same engine as a Honda Rebel? I'm looking for high performance spark plugs. Also, what about a high performance air filter?

Thanks, gang.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #55

Hi olds_cool
Send me the spark plug number and a picture of the air filter at my e~mail address in my signature.

Ride Wild and Fly Like an Eagle! 8O
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #56

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Will do, Bruce....once it warms up. It's 3 degrees here in CO. Give me a couple of days and I'll get that out to you. Thanks!

Old 01-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #57

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Hey, gang! I finally got some pics of my bike up in the Member Gallery. Ok, before we begin, keep in mind 2 things: I'm no photographer and I really need to clean the garage! All pics are in the garage due to too much ice and snow, so when the weather is warmer, I'll get it out in the sun. Here's what's there: one shows the bike parked in the back of the garage (it's chained to my wife's Kymco Vitality 50 2T scooter which is covered). I've got a dash shot with the gear indicator in 1st. Also, the bike towards the front of the garage (you can just make out the back tire of my wife's hated bicycle which fell from the ceiling onto my motorcycle. Interestingly, my bicycle has never fallen from the ceiling.) And finally the cracked mirror and fairing. The crack in the fairing is at the top of the base mount and is barely noticeable. Anyway, when the weather clears, I'll get a group shot with all 3 bikes (the Pagsta chopper is in the back yard under tarp with about 2 feet of snow around it!). Enjoy!

Old 01-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #58

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Opps! I should've said the top crack is the only one that's barely noticeable. The one at the bottom of the mirror mount is VERY much noticeable!

Old 01-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #59

Good looking bike! Let me know how it rides once your weather clears up. Not to rub it in or anything, but today I am wearing a short sleeve T-shirt.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:12 PM   #60

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Thanks, deputygene. Lucky you on the weather! It's been super cold and snowing. Hope it warms up soon so I can get rolling!