Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #46

Here are the meters on the bike.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #47

Very nice. Can the speedometer also readout in MPH?

Old 04-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Very nice. Can the speedometer also readout in MPH?
Good question...remember when they told us that the US would be all metric by 1980 or something like that?

The big numbers on the Qingqi are easy to read the little one are there though usually behind the needle though...

I would hope that if they are selling to the US that they can set those to MPH…but seems when they try to do that they all end up inaccurate. (shrug)

10km/hr is 6.2 mph , 20 is 13, 40 is 25, 60 is 37...there about, once I break her in I will have the rest but for now that all I have memorized, I can go 30km in school zone, makes me feel like real rebel or Canadian ?

Old 04-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #49

I am actually more concerned about the LCD life, that and any silicone chips, they do not last forever. I would rather they are analog, the circuitry in any EFI is also an issue. I think keep it all mechanical IMO.

Note to self: order extra engine and meters.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:31 AM   #50

Quote:
These are much nicer bikes than the common GY200's from a few years ago, or at least they seem to be. But Galaxy does have actual race-proven bikes, so would lean towards them being decent quality. I do think the SUVs are comparable to the Yamaha TW200 as far as what you can do with it--dirt roads. I think the Zongshen Sierra is a more capable bike than the TW200, provided it is sorted out, as Spudrider has shown all of us. I hope one of us can/will bring one of the Galaxy bikes here--vtr99 is finally going to be the first Guinea pig with the Xingyue 400, so I think you, Oengus, needs to be the Guinea pig with one of the Galaxys. In the fall, when the weather cools off, and my money situation is a little more stable, I should be able to be a Pitster Guinea pig/owner (although it might be one of the street legal trail bikes CT-70 clone vs the XTR 250 motard like I really want)
It does look like a quality bike, but it's damn ugly compared to the Honda.
For my money, or at least if I were looking at something in this size range, the Hensim 250 would be an easy choice over the Galaxy. Not only will this dual sport handle better, but it will blow the Galaxy's doors in off-road situations. It can be had for as little as $1050.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other...item335bffb838

As for being a guinea pig with the Xingyue 400, I have done quite a bit of research. Xingyue is the Chinese equivalent of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, or Yamaha in their high growth years. Xingyue Group has nine pillar industries that produce just about anything you can think of, including power engine, that covers a bunch of brand names we take for granted here in the USA like Briggs & Stratton, Generac and many others. Xingyue is now producing parts and bikes sold under a number of major brand names, including a line of scooters sold under the Yamaha brand. They also produce the bikes sold under Roketa, and many other labels. I just finished reading a scientific paper they published on metal properties and corrosion, and another one they published in the Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience. Quite impressive!

http://www.list-of-companies.org/Keywords/Xingyue/

Old 04-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #51

Location: Wheeling, WV native currently living In Natchitoches, LA
Send a message via AIM to BrianW
[quote="vtr99"]
Quote:
T
As for being a guinea pig with the Xingyue 400, I have done quite a bit of research. Xingyue is the Chinese equivalent of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, or Yamaha in their high growth years. Xingyue Group has nine pillar industries that produce just about anything you can think of, including power engine, that covers a bunch of brand names we take for granted here in the USA like Briggs & Stratton, Generac and many others. Xingyue is now producing parts and bikes sold under a number of major brand names, including a line of scooters sold under the Yamaha brand. They also produce the bikes sold under Roketa, and many other labels. I just finished reading a scientific paper they published on metal properties and corrosion, and another one they published in the Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience. Quite impressive!

http://www.list-of-companies.org/Keywords/Xingyue/
Good find!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #52

Here is a picture of the SUV with black fenders and mud guards.

Not sure but I think that is John Zhou on it? I am just not sure if that is him, he has been trading emails with me for about two weeks, he just got back from the Canton Trade show, he said he is feeling confident.

I told him he rocks…..as in you rock….I hope that did not get lost in translation?

Galaxy sells a line of bikes, they offer a dual sport and an off road bikes as well.

Here is an FTR223

I can see why people have affection for Galaxy and why they like the products, it may be John Zhou because behind every success story is a person, in this case it may be John? You cannot help but like him, I keep being impressed.

everyone has different taste and why they have menus in restaurants.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #53

Galaxy also offers a water cooled 250, the engine is made by Loncin ,its the same engine Shineray is offering and also the same engine being offered in the Meggeli bikes.

They offer a full line the SUV is street oriented, the other end is competition dirt bikes...the best in china, do some research they are racing bike competitively in china.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #54

I am not getting into the water cooled engine with John yet, but it is available for the market, the engine is and can be configured on the XTR and for sale in the USA, as well as it being equipped with EFI. It is just unproven as of yet, quality and control has cycles and what is a “guinea pig” requires feedback and a system to do that. If it does not then how does it improve? How does the actual real event after purchase get resolved on the production line.

The cost of researching and developing drives the price of the products as well as distribution and support.
However its all in the pipeline for Galaxy, they are doing it.

If you’re a big advocate for the little guy, that would be Galaxy and its been said they have a team of young talented people working there, they seem to be real and sincere.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
What is with the square mud guard? Is it or does it have storage in it?

I would like to see them get rid of the mud guard, and cover the air box with a triangle and then add a molded rear fender. bascially the same thing but a curved fender instead of a square box. The way it is now f's with my OCD!
The square mudguard is the side cover that looks like a number plate. My guess is the SUV is trying to copy the style of the Honda FTR223 which is a streettracker (a street legal replica of an American Flattracker).

Flattracker-

Honda FTR223-

With the backlighting in the photo of the Red SUV on Page 1 of your thread, it looks like you could trim the side cover following the line of the subframe & create your "triangle" look. Or you could take the side cover off completely which is popular in Asia with the TW225 customizers.

TW225-

btw- Thanks for tormenting me with the Galaxy SUV. Once I saw it I had to register on ChinaRiders.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #56

Cool bike! I have to wonder about that header pipe though, I had an exhaust like that on my old CR125 Elsinore (old old old). Granted it was an expansion chamber type but I had to cut it apart and beat the dents out of it a few times

Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #57

The exhaust position is only an issue if you plan to do serious offroad. From the looks of the bike, I would say it is not intended for that type of riding.

Be just fine for street riding. Keeps more of the heat away for the rider too.

Allen

Old 04-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #58

Interestingly the exhaust placement is not that different from the Elsinore, which was clearly made for offroad, albeit on a track not the woods. How things change over the years!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Interestingly the exhaust placement is not that different from the Elsinore, which was clearly made for offroad, albeit on a track not the woods. How things change over the years!
Track vs trails with logs and rocks. I tested the skid plate on my lifan a few times. Also on the baja.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #60

If you want some more detailed pics of the SUV.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...RL2aTxnhqq0k3Q