Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2020, 04:21 PM   #46

Looks like a "challenge accepted" cap to me...

g.

Old 07-31-2020, 10:13 PM   #47

Tao Canada is getting another container....

Tracking info:
https://www.yangming.com/e-service/T..._tracking.aspx

Use BoL: W232389637

=======================

Date
2020-07-29
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co. Ltd
Shipper Address
NO 6 XINMIN RD XINBI ST JINYUN COUNTY LISHUI CHINA
Consignee Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Consignee Address
170 BARTOR RD NORTH YORK ON M9M 2W6 CANADA TEFAX1
Notify Party Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Notify Party Address
170 BARTOR ROAD NORTH YORK ON M9M, 2W6 CANADA, TEL 1-416-748-6686, TEFAX 1-416-749-6686
Weight
Weight Unit
KG
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
CTN
Measure Unit
CM
Shipment Origin
China
Details
12,240.0 kg
From port: Ningbo, China
To port: Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Ningbo, China
U.S. Port of Unlading
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
U.S. Destination Port
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Commodity
PASS VEH FOR SNOW GOLF CARTS SIMILAR VEHIC ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE
Container
SEGU4365515
Marks Description
ATV OFF ROAD USE ONLY / /
Carrier Name
YANG MING MARINE TRANSPORT CORP
Vessel Name
ONE HOUSTON
Voyage Number
041E
Bill of Lading Number
YMLUW232389637
Lloyd's Code
HTS Codes
HTS 8703.10

Old 08-01-2020, 08:44 AM   #48

More passenger snow vehicles. Definitely making and shipping upcoming seasonal vehicles as per the message I received. Guess the hope is that there are also assembly lines building the machines we are all waiting for such as Hellcats, Hawks and etc.

Seems more and more like if you missed out on the production run that was here in stock that your pre-order is really just for the next normally scheduled run. For example, their "seasonal" production time for Hellcats is probably winter to ship out for spring sales. When they arrive the pre-orders get filled first and the rest sell from remaining stock with some getting pushed out to brick and mortar shops. If so, wonder how many people will let their pre-order/money slide until spring trusting they will get order then.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:24 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
More passenger snow vehicles. Definitely making and shipping upcoming seasonal vehicles as per the message I received. Guess the hope is that there are also assembly lines building the machines we are all waiting for such as Hellcats, Hawks and etc.

Seems more and more like if you missed out on the production run that was here in stock that your pre-order is really just for the next normally scheduled run. For example, their "seasonal" production time for Hellcats is probably winter to ship out for spring sales. When they arrive the pre-orders get filled first and the rest sell from remaining stock with some getting pushed out to brick and mortar shops. If so, wonder how many people will let their pre-order/money slide until spring trusting they will get order then.
The description is a generic for almost anything motorized (non-electric since vehicles with electric motors actually state in in the description). And I don't feel it's related to snow. I say this because it's a 40' container with 136 items packed in.

I've been told a shipping container can carry around 40 full sized crated motorcycles. With it carrying 136 items, it's something small.

I have no idea how small a snowmobile can be, but the ones I've seen in person, were really large.

I'm probably wrong, but if I feel it's either small ATVs or some kind of mini bike.... An empty 40ft container comes in around 4 tons. This thing loaded is like 13 tons, so there's around 9 tons of stuff in there. 18000lbs/136 is about 132 lbs per item.

Old 08-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #50

Yeah my thinking was ATVs for Canada winter. Sure they are big sellers up there and China knows their markets.

Makes sense on the bikes. I was told a container holds like 60 of the smaller size Hellcats. If a 60 number shows up on a log sheet that could start to be good news...at least for baby bike folks.

Old 08-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #51

Quote:
If so, wonder how many people will let their pre-order/money slide until spring trusting they will get order then.
That's what I plan to do. To do otherwise is to either put myself at the back of the line, or just give up. Anyplace that gets inventory is going to have all those units slated to fulfill a preorder.

Jason

Old 08-01-2020, 04:35 PM   #52

On top of the COVID and strained US/CHINA trade relations, we also now have record breaking flooding over a great deal of China ,so i am sure that is having an even further negative impact on Manufacturers getting parts in from Suppliers to build motorcycles with and then getting said motorcycles shipped to a port etc.

It's like a perfect storm of mishaps if you are trying to get a ChinaBike right now

but then again i guess that describes 2020 in general as far as i can tell.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 08-01-2020, 04:44 PM   #53

Several good points. I will probably just ride it out...pun intended. It's on a credit card so not out any cash per say. Plus, the more I watch MotoCheez videos the more I want the damn thing. We is big kids.

Another point is pricing. As of the price today I have saved $130 on Hellcat. That's new knobby tires and a carb.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #54

Quote:
Another point is pricing. As of the price today I have saved $130 on Hellcat. That's new knobby tires and a carb.
This is something that has me wondering what's going on...

I've been watching the pricing go up without much inventory out there and I'm wondering why..

Are dealers getting word from the distributors that wholesale pricing has gone up? If they're getting this kind of info, does it mean they also know about when inventory will arrive? Might dealers just doing it based on what they're seeing other dealers do? Maybe dealers are raising pre-order pricing to cover expenses they have? Since it's only pre-orders, they're probably selling much less, reducing their cash flow. Maybe something to prevent pre-order cancellations? Maybe a combination of a bunch of stuff? I have no idea, but I wish I knew what the pricing increase cause might be or more importantly, if the increase means vehicles are now scheduled to be shipped in?

Old 08-03-2020, 09:07 AM   #55

I was told prices were going up on them anyway...at least the Hellcats. And told that by pre-ordering you just locked in a lower price. Of course it also allowed them to continue selling stock they do not have in a hot market.

Hopefully it means they are getting close but I kind of doubt it. May be just taking advantage of the current supply and demand market. That naturally drives the price of things up. Remember the Cabbage Patch dolls.

Higher pricing could possibly slow the pre-ordering down a little though I doubt that is the goal. Rake in the cash while you can sounds more like the plan.

I just saw this morning that lumber prices have pretty much doubled as demand has shot up and saw mills can't keep up. People at home now being DIYers. Ridin and Buildin I guess.

Last edited by dgl57; 08-03-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Old 08-03-2020, 10:41 AM   #56

Quote:
I was told prices were going up on them anyway...at least the Hellcats. And told that by pre-ordering you just locked in a lower price. Of course it also allowed them to continue selling stock they do not have in a hot market.

Hopefully it means they are getting close but I kind of doubt it. May be just taking advantage of the current supply and demand market. That naturally drives the price of things up. Remember the Cabbage Patch dolls.

Higher pricing could possibly slow the pre-ordering down a little though I doubt that is the goal. Rake in the cash while you can sounds more like the plan.

I just saw this morning that lumber prices have pretty much doubled as demand has shot up and saw mills can't keep up. People at home now being DIYers. Ridin and Buildin I guess.
I doubt the higher price will stop anyone from ordering who really wants one. Look at the Hawk/Tbr7's... when supply on those was dried up a couple months ago, X-Pro and a couple others on Amazon still had some inventory, but it was $200-$250 more in cost. Many people ordered from there anyways just to get one.

Personally, I waited it out and used that cost difference on all of the upgrades and mods to my Hawk.

Consider the Hellcats specifically, even at $1300, that's still 1/2 to almost a 1/3 the price of a gently used Honda Grom. New Groms are $4300 OTD from my local dealer. Hell, even at $1500 the Hellcat is a good deal. Vaders and others just as much so.

I don't think a little price increase will slow it down.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #57

I agree. A second stimulus check has been agreed to so cheap bikes may have just gotten another boost. Although the good riding season is closing for many folks soon. Plus, Christmas ads will probably start next month.

If the Hellcat were to show up on Amazon right now I would probably grab one for a couple hundred more.

Old 08-03-2020, 12:01 PM   #58

My issue with this is that it's an artificial shortage, as in they're just not shipping bikes to the US market. And the dealers are selling something that doesn't exist or know when it's might exist. Maybe they know and just not telling us?

I don't know how many pre-orders they might have, compared to how many they sold on average for this time of the year in the past, but if they don't materialize, what are they going to do? What's going to happen with us? That's got me worried.

Are they putting the $$ into some kind of escrow account to cover their costs when/if these bikes start appearing or have they been spending it to keep themselves afloat? I sure hope these dealers are banking it to cover costs for when they do appear.

BTW, Apollo has shipped 3 containers of dirt bikes to the US in July, that I'm aware of. And TaoTao has shipped motorcycle parts to BV Powersports. So stuff is coming in..

Old 08-03-2020, 12:23 PM   #59

Got me worried too. I hope they are banking it or at least have a big reserve nut to cover many refunds if bikes do not arrive fairly soon. If a dealer goes belly up so goes your pre-order money.

The more pre-orders they keep taking the farther out on a limb they go (unless they know something). That is another reason I think no movement or nothing positive happening this month will be a tipping point for many folks...maybe even me. I have been sticking up for dealers all along but we have not gotten ANY positive news or seen anything to give us some confidence. Despite the answers of "two weeks, two weeks and containers of bikes arriving daily" for months nobody has received a bike in their driveway.

I think Tao Motor Co. USA and others need to give honest answers to their customers. After months they are still "acting" like they don't know anything. Seriously?? They schedule, produce and ship these products!

Are there laws regarding the maximum amount of time allowed to pass before you deliver a pre-ordered product you took FULL payment for? I mean can a company just keep taking money and deliver the products whenever...3 months, 6 months, 12 months.......?

Last edited by dgl57; 08-04-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:41 AM   #60

Question to TX Powersports: "Any good news at all on a date the Hellcats will arrive to ship out to customers? Tao must know something by now. They manufacture them."

Answer: "HI these are on pre order only we are out of stock and more will be in stock in about 2 to 4 weeks time thank you."

Received this exact same email response in early June, early July and now this morning. Would think they would be one of the first to know something.

And they keep on taking pre-orders.