Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #46

Please let us know when you are preparing to ride the bike back to Ohio. I wish to pray for your safety, and I know several others on this forum will wish to do the same.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-31-2010, 08:43 AM   #47

Be prepared. It may be snowing at the end of October. It will be cold.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #48

hellow im back agin ill get the pic up when i get home ill be leving in the moring on the oct 8 to go back home i have some good pic to share and also i have a small trailer that ill be pulling home with my bike and hope every one here prays for my safe trip it worked last time and im thankful for every ones suprot cant wait to see my famly....later on guys

Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #49

Hey Jim!

Glad to hear from you!

You have a good group of prayer buddies here. God will see you through.

A trailer?

Today was the first time I'd heard of a Chinarider pulling a trailer, and now you. Mmmmm.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #50

I just said a prayer for your safe trip home, Jim. I will continue to remember you in my prayers.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-08-2010, 01:57 AM   #51

Prayers sent Jim.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #52

Ride safe.
Prayers up.
God Bless,
Bill R

Old 10-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #53

ok guys the lifan is still running good i made it what a ride i must say...1200 miles on mostly back roads...and yes i got a one wheel bicycle trailer..it works good for a round town and on short trips but it made it...ok to start it off agin i left on the oct8 at 8am stoped and gased up and did up my gps for madison wisconsin...where i would get a room at 3am I get all most to buffalo mn and the tire on the bike trailer blowed out and took the fender off hahah i just thought to my self and said its going to be a long ride and the car behind me didnt even flash a lite or any thing the bike just started to slom down i didnt think any thing about it because i was going up hill till i get to the top i stoped and found that the metal finder had broke and fliped under the tire and the tire was cut in two and the rim ground down to the spokes ....i some how manged to get it all straped to the back of my bike and off to walmart you guys should have see the looks i got..but i ended up geting a 16'' kids free style bike and used the rim off it so i think well i get home my 2year old will love the bike but i came to fid out its to much wait with all my gear so i had to give it away but i had a spare tire and rim..so after that back on the road stoping every 30 or 40 miles to check the tire because that is stuck in my mined that the tire will go agin so i made it to madison and get a hot shower and eat some trail mix and bed...so i didnt leave there till 8am so i could get at least 5 hours so back on the road and every thing is going good i sit my gps for joliet illinois i wasnt doing chicago agin..so im geting more trusting on my trailer and starting pushing it a little harder and the town of joliet to westville the roads was really bad i mean at 25 mph my water bottle would hit me in the back so after i got to westville i get gas and check every thing and tires great but the fram of the trailer where it piviots one bar was broke man i was like ok we need a ace some where where i could get some clamps and metal to fix it and 4miles up the road was ace and as i was magiver it some guy stoped and ask if i was ok and showed him what was up and he said he could weld it for me just give him 20min to go to sears and he came back then it was off to his house 13miles down the road and it was in the way i was going so cool i think your guys prays sent him there sears was like way across the mall and he just showed up and he had some metal laying a round and solid rod to put in the tube to make it harder and we where off 1 1/2 hours and by 10pm made it to goshen Indiana where i found a cheep room for 40 bucks better than 100...i up at 5am and check the tire and tube and loaded up and i was gone this was going to be the last big push to make it my but is killing me and my hands are numb and when i got to norwalk i thought i was going to make it then i made it to akron oh i was on the gas and was think if the tire gose my wife could come and get the trailer and gear i was 50 miles away and didnt want to stop for gas i didnt even go in i just used my debet card and i was off and i made it the tire held up all the way home my wife is going to do the pic for me for you guys gel seat pad no good if you ride more than 12hours the pro taper pillow grips are good and soft and tackey but they need to be replaced the bike hahah did way better than i though with riding it none stop for 24hours on the way out it need brakes and the back tire is under hafe gone going to need a new chain and sprockets every thing is good the wildfire 250 motor did good it will need a valve adj and oil change and we will be good to go..the tom tom gps is realy good didnt get lost and it was always on the ball..ok guy thanks a bunch mabe ill get the new pitster 400 for my next big trip if she lets me hahahah

Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #54

Wow! Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! I think you may have set some kind of record for consecutive hours spent on a chinabike . Now to rest up and relax for a bit.

Cheers,
Stew

Old 10-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #55

thanks MICRider I have watched the movie long way round and man they have inspired me and the forums and reading the trip reports..it was a alsome feeling when i rode out there and siting on my bed and look at the atlas and how far i went was like wow i did it and the people along the way was realy cool...i just wish i could get a better seat man that thing is killer hahaha

Old 10-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #56

Thank you for the report, Jim; I am very glad you arrived home safely! I am also glad to hear you met nice people along the way, especially the gentleman who welded your trailer for you.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 10-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #57

What an adventure! Glad you made it safely. Prayer works.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #58

Glad you made it back. Sounds like a little well deserved good luck came your way.

Are you home for good or are you planning a return trip?

Old 10-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #59

Good thing that Buffalo, MN is not part of the metro area.

The china bike that could.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Good thing that Buffalo, MN is not part of the metro area.

The china bike that could.
X2; the China bike, and China Rider who could!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220