Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #46

snake:
The switch was selling on Ebay but no one even hit the reserve. I like the 305 dream and the older benley's too. All the cool with out the price of a triumph I tried to find the pic I saw of the 350 cop bike, couldn't... I'll keep trying cause it's such a cool looking bike. The seat was the the solo, triangle, tractor kind with springs. Of course drum brakes too .

Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #47

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/mcy/604340349.html

1966 Honda Dream 305 twin - $1500

Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #48

BIG SMILES Jim! It's the same year as me!
I bet he'd talk down to a $1000. Way rarer than my bike, thus higher cool factor. I think with a bike like that, who's parts are hard to get, I might be better off spending more cash up front for a bike that needs less work. Find a bike that's a deal at $2500.

I don't have the cash for MBS. Heck I don't have the cash for even 1 bike. :? . I'm almost positive that the cb350 is the cheapest bike to put on the road. Once it's plated you can do just about anything with it. From cafe racer to chopper or a full restoration, the CL350 came with knobbie tires so it's a true DS. If you have private land, you could buy 6 cb350's for the price of a dirt bike. Insurance kills people with MBS where I live.

I keep thinking that someone with more $money$ than brains will see my bike and "just has to buy it". Sure I'd sell it for way more than it's worth. I don't love it that much. Saddly, that's the only way I'm ever going to work my way to a nice bike, which is ok, I like what I've got.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #49

duplicate post

Old 03-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
What's MBS?
Multiple Bike Syndrome.

Its a highly contagious disease often caught after obtaining a motorcycle.

The only treatment is lack of funds and sometimes that doesn't even work.

Allen

Old 03-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #51

Duplicate post

Old 03-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #52

I'm not only new to riding I'm new to wrenching as well Cal. I really like doing both and bike restoration can be done year round. I just don't have the cash for it. If the bike makes it to next year I'll drop the motor and redo the pistons, rings, cylinders, after that the bike should be reliable for years. Reliability is more important than looks anyway. I hope I'll still be happy with what I've got next year.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #53

By the way my avatar is one of the sculptures I have made, it's the smallest one. It's called "Student". I thought it was fitting. 8)

Old 03-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #54

Very cool...

Yes MBS is hard with our canadian insurance rates... That's one of the reasons my cbr is for sale... I also want the money so I can get a down payment for an apartment or maybe a small house...

I just thought I'd post the link there, since I had just read your mention of it here when I saw it on craigslist

Old 03-13-2008, 05:24 PM   #55

Ya, I really like the look of the old bikes, the bonus is that there are some older smaller bikes, that are very cool, and not like $8000 for a triumph. I'm not racing, riding dirt, I'm not doing stunts and I don't want a big bike. The only thing I don't like is that you can't shift from 5th to 1st at the stop light. You have to release the clutch a bit, shift, release again and shift. Or downshift to first as you come to the stop. The clutch is old school. If you do a cafe racer thing, you can get a more modern clutch, electronic timing, double front disk brakes, better suspension, frame wielding and a lot more. As long as I go faster and stop faster than the cars in the city I'm happy. I'd like to be able to keep up with traffic in the slow lane on the highway too. I think the bike fills my modest needs.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #56

Well I posted a full bike picture. I'm on page 8 of the gallery. Last pic in my album. I made a timing tester from light bulb, and re did the timing today. The left cylinder was off quite a bit. I'm hoping thats why it wasn't firing all the time. The bike looks about 3 years old, not bad for 36. If I get it looking any newer, I might stop driving it. :P . Naaw, I'm gonna ride it everywhere.
If someone can imbed the picture into this thread that would be cool. 8)

Old 03-14-2008, 05:06 PM   #57

[img]/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7705& g2_serialNumber=2[/img]

That is looking sweet, good work!

Old 03-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #58

That is a very nice looking bike. You are going to be very happy cruisin around on that all summer.

Allen

Old 03-14-2008, 09:49 PM   #59

Thanks guys. And thanks again for imbeding my pics jim. There is a vintage bike show in Paris Ontario, biggest in the province. There is a ride for sight at an army base I used to live at. I'd like to do the quebec ride again too. If the bike holds up I'll be very happy. It was barely running when I got it. Still needs tuning but I've got it close. I've checked out other sites for vintage riders, even the group I'm going to join. (canadian vintage motorcycle group) People ask questions and get no answers. or 2 replies in 2 weeks. I find now I have less questions, but when I need to know something I won't go to my corner bike shop. I come here.

Kato, I diagnosed your buddies electrical problem and after a year of sitting, his bike is on the road again. Man it feels good to return a favor to someone. 8)

Old 03-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #60

Thats great. I have 3 of his bikes at my house that I am parting out.

You CB is looking very nice.

Allen