Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #46

We had lots of stuff as kids. It would take me awhile to find pictures of everything.

Most of it barely ran and require two hours of work to ride for a hour.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #47

I think that the CL70 shared alot of parts and I will be able to use some of them on the CT70. That should save me a few bucks. I am even considering trying to resurrect the 110cc engine I have that mysteriously lost compression.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #48

I did buy some parts on ebay for this project. Another swingarm and the rear brake assembly.

Signed up at http://planetminis.com/f14/new-here-...ct-163076.html for more help with this.

Looks like I may have a lead on some parts already.

I found a complete lifan 125cc engine setup for $250 on ebay. That is probably going to be the route unless Spud comes up with a Zong equivalent for me.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
I did buy some parts on ebay for this project. Another swingarm and the rear brake assembly.

Signed up at http://planetminis.com/f14/new-here-...ct-163076.html for more help with this.

Looks like I may have a lead on some parts already.

I found a complete lifan 125cc engine setup for $250 on ebay. That is probably going to be the route unless Spud comes up with a Zong equivalent for me.
Is that motor new? Does it come with the carb and electricals? Looks like a great deal!

Old 11-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #50

Here is the motor I found. Thinking that a 125 will be enough. I want long term reliability more than power.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Old 11-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #51

Wow that looks like a great complete deal. I'd have also gone with a manual clutch but would have been tempted by the simplicity of an automatic clutch.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #52

I don't like the auto clutch. Great for beginners, but you don't get the smoothest power delivery. I like to be able to slip the clutch some.

The baja 90 is an auto clutch and I have thought about using it for the donar. Only problem is that is doesn't have the power I think I will need.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #53

You'll love that motor. Son of Weldangrind had the same unit in his pit bike, and it was flawless except for one minor oil leak: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=7678

Are you gonna need the exhaust I have?

Make sure you get a skid plate for that engine. They're super cheap on eBay.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #54

I am hoping to run the stock skid plate/hanger on the CT. Might require alittle modification.

The stock lifan unit will probably be a good compromise between power and long life too. I was reading up on planetminis and alot of the larger or highly built units didn't last more than a few thousand miles. That would only be 2-3 months of riding for me and I would be needing a rebuild. Also noticed alot of trans problems from the high compression motors. Didn't know that you could get 5 speeds transmissions for these engines. That would be nice.

So to start with a stock lifan with a good carb and exhaust.

Me and bike would only be about 300lbs combined. Won't need that much power.

I am interested in the exhaust. Could I get a pic?

Old 11-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #55

Here it is. It's stainless and aluminum outside with a perforated steel core and drilled baffles. It has never been used, and it is re-packable:

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #56

The only thing you might choose to do is port it a little. The primary tube internal welding is a little rough, but you could easily smooth it out.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #57

Perfect. I will take it. No hurry though. That will work with my paint scheme I have in mind.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #58

In case it doesn't show well in the photo, the heat shield still has the protective wrap on it. The head pipe is chromed steel, but it'll likely turn blue immediately. If you don't like it, you could always use flat black heat paint on it after scuffing it.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #59

I actually have two systems if you can use them; one would be perfect for your 90, since it has a two-stroke pipe on it.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #60

Maybe. I kinda like the stock of the 90. Its not loud and does not bother any of my neighbors when I ride it.

For the bluing. That would be just fine with me. Even better for the rat rod look. The Chrome with work good with the little bit of chrome I want to use. I found some chrome wheels. Would like those, but if the ones I have are usable I am going to hold off.

I should be able to fab up a rear mount for that exhaust.