Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #46

It's a longer story than I can type Alaskan-Dad, and that's just the part that we know about. I too hope you get your needed parts.
Alaskan-Dad:
"Now the impression I am getting is AL is only wanting to sale parts to their own customers, is that correct?

Technically they're customers belong to their bankrupt dealers.
Stay positive, not negitive. Rah rah.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:45 PM   #47

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
American Lifan would not sell parts or cover warranties on Lifan bikes that were illegally imported on their E.P.A. and D.O.T.certifications.This was a problem created by China Lifan selling these bikes to anyone with the money.American Lifan agreed to let their dealers sell parts for these bikes once they got this supply and inventory stopped.American Lifan is the only one with the legal right to sell the Lifan branded bikes in the U.S.The controversy with Hooper Imports had more to do with using the Lifan brand name.A deal was worked out to where Hooper's can continue selling the Lifan bikes,but under a different brand.He is using the Skygo name.If you get a Skygo you are getting the same bike,just under an approved rebrand.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:15 AM   #48

Quote:
We used to come here to help people in need that have not quite been directed to our site yet.
Would you care to point me to the thread where you *helped* anyone, in any of your 29 posts?

I am more than willing to retract any and all previous statements if proven incorrect.

--Vince

Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #49

VinceDrake: Like I previously stated... I haven't been on the forum to help in quite awhile and the moderators have pruned the old posts. I help many others via PM and direct emails to me. If you need help email me @ shawn@americanlifan.com

Old 09-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlifan
VinceDrake: Like I previously stated... I haven't been on the forum to help in quite awhile and the moderators have pruned the old posts. I help many others via PM and direct emails to me. If you need help email me @ shawn@americanlifan.com
I have pruned nothing by shawn or AL, ever. It's not the kinda thing we'd delete, ever.

I can verify that all 30 of your posts shawn are on the site, and all are active topics. It would take me a while but I can cut and paste them all here for you, if you wish. Anything to help. Have a great day.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan-Dad
Ok I'm new to Lifan bikes and to this forum so howdy. I just bought three GY-5's I hope I'm not going to be sorry

Now the impression I am getting is AL is only wanting to sale parts to their own customers, is that correct?

If so I' must say that their missing the boat as there are a lot of Greys out there and that could mean more income for who ever has the best parts distribution network.

I'm sorry but a bad name for Lifan will cross the line to AL also, so sale parts and make happy Lifan/AL customers! I know it took weeks for me to get the two seperated and it's still confusing!

One last point this is the electronic era so internet sales are of great importance, so sale parts online!

I'm 600+ miles from the nearest AL or Lifan dealer so I can't just drop by!

And if the quality of the bolts being used are as bad as I have read maybe some upgrade kits are in order!

If I have interpreted the situation wrong my apologies.

Well thats my thoughts on the situation.

Alaskan-Dad
You shouldnt be to sorry if you prep and swap out the weak defective problematic bolts that make these bikes deadly.
After you get it RIGHT these are ok bikes and wont give you much trouble from there on.

As far as american lifan wanting to sell parts I have yet to see that but then I also dont care anymore either.American lifan has a very VERY rigid business plan and they are going to stick to it no matter what the customers want.

The funny thing is our two bikes are considered "grey market bikes" yet right on the damn things there is a sticker that has american lifan printed right on it. :roll:

So even though mine came from who knows where "I'm guessing boxed from china lifan", american lifan has nothing to do with them.(makes me happy now)

Hmmm makes me think that the whole lifan thing was a "I want my cake and it eat to" deal going on whereby china lifan was selling to whoever but using the bikes that had been cleared for sale here in north america by way of american lifan's clearance.

So then american lifan blows a gasket and wants the sale of lifan bikes stopped to all importers/dealers except american lifan.
I myself hope that is the end of LIFAN bikes here in north america (low overall sales in north america) and I am confident other lowcost bikes will still come in from various places.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #52

Send a message via MSN to china_parts_canada
Canadian parts supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az4x4Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
..how could i sell him something that didn't have any support or parts and now i have to worry about some of the bikes i have sold and my personal bikes i have found there is a diffrence in parts, and i would love if somebody could tell me where to get cdi boxes etc..
http://www.china-parts.co.uk/

Don't know if there is a similar outfit here in the States, but in the UK it looks as if this company is doing what they can to service China bike owners and riders with parts availability. Might be something to duplicate here if it's not already in place..

Update: Just noticed that this company ships not only to the UK, but also to the US, Australia, the EU and Canada. So if the worst case pops its ugly head up and a part to get a China bike running is nowhere to be found here, it wouldn't hurt to contact these guys. Who knows, they might be able to bail someone out of a real jam..
If parts is an issue for you you can get a hold of me and we can help you out. I own a China parts only company in Canada with staff in China that work exclusively for me finding parts. If that is helps I am here for you.

Our website is under development but I have been selling China parts for about 3 years now and do sell all over North America.

www.chinapartscanada.com

Cheers,

Art

Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #53

at the time my problem was lifan's "stories" and they changed a lot but basicly they didnt want to warranty what they should have on the bright siide i think im almost through with them i still have 3 units i need to move out at cost.
anyhow i called them to get parts :? and i guess i need help with parts too, they were willing warranty but it wasnt under warranty and they didnt have or know they had a parts listing or the parts i needed (it was a bearing and seal and i had the measurements) do you have a dealer program
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 10-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #54

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
When it takes 9 or 10 months to get parts and lifan only gives a 6 month warranty what are you supposed to do? I bought my bike(LF200GY-5) from ATVDISCOUNTERS and had a bad experience there, when I found Lifans forum they treated me like shit because I had bought a grey market bike. They sell parts to people who bought a bike through "them" at half price. When I go to Autozone for parts for my car they don't ask me where I bought it. I love my chinese built Lifan motorcycle, but I hope American Lifan with all of thier BS drives themselves into the ground. Which shouldn't take long as thier dealers are running away as fast as they can.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #55

Dealer plan for parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
at the time my problem was lifan's "stories" and they changed a lot but basicly they didnt want to warranty what they should have on the bright siide i think im almost through with them i still have 3 units i need to move out at cost.
anyhow i called them to get parts :? and i guess i need help with parts too, they were willing warranty but it wasnt under warranty and they didnt have or know they had a parts listing or the parts i needed (it was a bearing and seal and i had the measurements) do you have a dealer program
Hi,

It does sound like you really are a dealer so yes I do sell to dealers at a better price and do help you with getting the on hand stock you need as well as any specialty or should I say especially difficult parts to find. If I have to air-ship parts for you from China so that you have it in a timely manner the profit pretty much disappears for both of us but keeping your customer happy will be both your and our main goal.

As far as a price list I do not have a decent one ready as of yet because I am going through all of our parts that we have on hand and adding them to our web site for retail customers and working on wholesale prices for dealers such as you. I am in this to make a living but I don't plan on doing that by overcharging but by selling lots of parts at fair prices. I do have one dealer that you can call if you would like a reference. It is a retailer that is in the greater Vancouver area.

Cheers,

Art

Thanks,

Art

Old 10-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDG1976
When it takes 9 or 10 months to get parts and lifan only gives a 6 month warranty what are you supposed to do? I bought my bike(LF200GY-5) from ATVDISCOUNTERS and had a bad experience there, when I found Lifans forum they treated me like sh-- because I had bought a grey market bike. They sell parts to people who bought a bike through "them" at half price. When I go to Autozone for parts for my car they don't ask me where I bought it. I love my chinese built Lifan motorcycle, but I hope American Lifan with all of thier BS drives themselves into the ground. Which shouldn't take long as thier dealers are running away as fast as they can.
Well if I can help just let me know. I am not connected to any particular manufacturer but I do buy Lifan parts directly from Lifan in China when I need specific ones that only they have and the same with most other large builders in China. Having full time staff there that cares makes my job so much easier than it is for others.

Art

Old 10-26-2008, 12:35 AM   #57

china_parts_canada- Art,

Very good news indeed, your post made me a happy camper.
I don't need parts yet but having 3 GY-5's I am sure I will!

Old 01-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #58

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlifan

Everyone else: I'm not sure what has happened to this forum but due to so much negativity we really neglect to read everything on here. We used to come here to help people in need that have not quite been directed to our site yet. If anyone has a problem with a Lifan product that was purchased through our dealer network I would be glad to help. Email me: Shawn@americanlifan.com

Thanks,

Shawn

Sorry for bumping this old post.

But In Light of the major Crap storm that is going on right now with my American Lifan Bike I Figured I ought to be able to get away with the bump.

I just Wanted that qoute back up there.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #59

dstr4: Good bump. :wink:

"Everyone else: I'm not sure what has happened to this forum but due to so much negativity we really neglect to read everything on here. " Shawn.

I'm still trying to stay positive Shawn. :oops:
You gotta admit, you guys make it hard to stay positive, this long, after so many people have said the same thing.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #60

i like the jump i hated to see it forgotten but i hold a grudge,,FOREVER i wonder if the forum should have a new listing in the index for al problems that way shawn wouldnt have to wait untill so many people read about the problems and maybe give him more time to put together the stories (in case anyone hasnt noticed they are getting weak)
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Closed Thread