Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2018, 02:21 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Where does that paper one even go? I used the original paper one between the head and intake manifold. I then used the plastic one between the intake manifold and carb. Does it go with the plastic one? I noticed the bolt pattern didn’t match to go to the head.
It goes with the plastic one. But i didn't use either on top

Old 05-04-2018, 07:49 AM   #47

i have been putting the paper one on the intake engine-port when in a kit, bc i usually tear the factory gasket while removing stock intake pipe. i ordered 3 kits, they sent a different sized paper gasket each time... beware

Old 05-04-2018, 12:50 PM   #48

Put a thin film of grease on both sides of the gasket before installation. That'll prevent tearing if you even need to remove the intake tube again.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-09-2018, 09:11 PM   #49

well, those vm22 kits are ok

i take back at least half of what i complained about with the kit in previous post. the gaskets are potentially wrong size but the rest is right on point for 125cc. i had bad factory(too tight) tappet valve clearance. wow i was chasing ghosts bc of this. once the valve clearance was set. it ran like a champ. i really really love this setup all around x20. 15 pilot 105 main on the kit is right on point! all throttle parameters are good with all speeds, and no smoke or smells. smooth quick revs makes me happy.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #50

Yeah setting my valves made a huge difference, idled much better, but I did the same thing, swapped carbs, jet sizes, and finally checked my valves, and that was the problem all along. I had an issue recently where my throttle needle clip decided to come off, which dropped the needle down and blocked the main jet, causing it to bog right out after half throttle and up. I kept cleaning the main jet scratching my head wondering what the problem could be, finally took the carb off and set it down and the needle fell right out the bottom... fixed that and she’s running great now. Glad you found your troubles tho... definitely learn a lot messing with these bikes, but fun as hell when things are going good.

Old 09-14-2018, 03:48 AM   #51

Wrench newb getting hellcat and needs to follow your build

@impadog

That exhaust is sick. When you put on the new carb did you have to put on a new manifold too?

https://www.amazon.com/GooDeal-mower...dp/B01FS6M3W8/ I was a little weirded out because it said lawn mower. But I guess a carb is a carb. And is it the 'venturi 22mm to 26mm at intake kit' part of that kit or a separate manifold?

I'm not sure if I could make the block off plate but maybe the one I have on my tao tao 50 will fit or I could make it fit. I'm not very good at wrenching. I had all I could do to install a BBK and cam on the scooter.

So I am thinking, carb, emissions and fender delete, 17t front sprocket and eventually the Z50 Piranha exhaust. Replacing the engine bolts and lock-tite-ing others I could do but I don't really want to get something that I have to work on all the time.

I don't mean to be a copy cat but I can not wrench well and would hate to get parts that are hard to tune or need to be heavily modified to fit and have no way to get feedback.

What is the top speed now?

Thanks

Old 09-14-2018, 08:28 AM   #52

yes you will need a new manifold and will have to turn it forward. you can also purchase a spinner that will allow to-the-side carb mount, but easier to just face carb forward. be helpful to have spare gaskets, bolts-nuts, and spacers on hand, and seems like the green paper gaskets ones do the best....be careful to not be sent wrong sizes....and be careful of the spacer cracking allowing air.
my learning curve was the pilot jet issues, the main jet was just for the fine tuning for higher speeds, and the needle jet was easily adjustable after the pilot is set first...

my vader II came with a block off plate that was mounting the emissions stuff. so i relocated it to the block off area....you will get clink noises if you don't use a good one....re use the gasket that came on it too...

once you figure out the voodoo needed on carbs in general, you wont work on it as much as many fear....yes there are duds delivered like bad gas tank seals whatnot, but for the most part the vader II is reliable once you got a good carb setup....i have gone thru 9 of them....

Old 09-14-2018, 11:51 PM   #53

Cool. I am sorta familiar with jetting from the scoot.

I did it. I ordered a 2018 Hellcat. I wanted the Venom but didn't want to pay more than 1,100. XD . Do you know if the Hellcat has the unused threaded hole on bottom of the engine you mounted the pipe to?

I also read a post from a Hellcat owner who says it does not have the emissions stuff on it. Either way I am comfortable with removing that. I will prolly have to put it back on to pass inspection.

Thanks for your time.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:12 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
Cool. I am sorta familiar with jetting from the scoot.

I did it. I ordered a 2018 Hellcat. I wanted the Venom but didn't want to pay more than 1,100. XD . Do you know if the Hellcat has the unused threaded hole on bottom of the engine you mounted the pipe to?

I also read a post from a Hellcat owner who says it does not have the emissions stuff on it. Either way I am comfortable with removing that. I will prolly have to put it back on to pass inspection.

Thanks for your time.
The hellcat has 4 unused holeS under engine. But i don't know if its a good idea to bolt anything to them.

Hellcat comes with emission stuff/airbox but nothing connected to the engine that you have to block off.

Get a DAX/z50 exhaust pipe.
vm22 carb and jets
pod filter.
17t (optional)
carb spinner (optional but diff worth it)

and you are set.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #55

You can use those 4 bolt holes as long as you measure carefully and dont bottom the bolts out ,I used two of them to install this anodized aluminum skidplate : https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Stroke-Di...72.m2749.l2649

Be sure and use spacers or stack washers to make sure you dont bottom the bolts out and "push through" or pull the threads out and you will be fine.They have a reasonably deep hole so it shouldn't be too hard to measure and get it right. Imapdog mounted his exhaust to them as well , he also used spacers, i'm sure other hardware stores have them but i can tell you for sure Tractor Supplys hardware section has all kinds of spacers ,and you can always just stack washers if it comes to that, ain't anyone gonna see em under there no how lol
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 10-03-2018, 08:43 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
Attachment 12341
Attachment 12342
i think i will try some tube spacers and long bolt for
mounting this pipe here, any better ideas?
Attachment 12343
Attachment 12344
Do you have any sound clips of the exhaust?