Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2021, 08:14 AM   #721

I found out that the worthless PA gave her notice last Friday. Jean Luc called her from France on Thursday and tore her a new one about her piss poor performance. And she just bought that new Mercedes.

And I called Eddy last night just to see how he was doing. He said it was like big weight was lifted from his shoulders and something he should have done a couple years ago.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 10-14-2021, 09:35 AM   #722

Weirder and weirder it gets.
With Eddy giving Al the middle finger, Al is now try to cover his butt. Eddy sent a detailed email to Raphael, the owner of the company, with documentation of what has been promised and what has been acted on. Eddy and I have known Raphael since he was a teenager, so there is a chance he may act on Ed’s information.

Al hasn’t even announced that Ed has quit yet, but he has already asked Junior if his Dad would come out of retirement to work for us. Good Lord, no. I know Juniors Dad. If Juniors Dads lips are moving, he’s lying. He is a backstabbing SOB and can’t be trusted. I already have an Al Mini Me, I don’t need an Al Maxi Me.

We are down to four, count ‘em four Sales guys covering the entire US and four Service guys covering the US, Canada, and Mexico. Tempers that have been smoldering for quite some time are beginning to flare.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 10-14-2021, 09:48 AM   #723

This sounds like an episode of Survivor without the sandy beaches.....for your own mental health you probably need to check out emotionally. See the humor, look forward to retirement. Focus on your family, and your hobbies for diversion. Just knowing you can walk away at any time is a good pressure-release valve in itself.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 10-14-2021, 07:25 PM   #724

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
This sounds like an episode of Survivor without the sandy beaches.....for your own mental health you probably need to check out emotionally. See the humor, look forward to retirement. Focus on your family, and your hobbies for diversion. Just knowing you can walk away at any time is a good pressure-release valve in itself.
I decided last year just to be an outside observer and a big pain in the ass to management. It’s been a load off my shoulders. I still get to vent but it’s mostly about behind the scenes BS unless it’s stupid stuff I have to deal with directly, ie, driving 240 miles to flip two hoses.

I’m spending next week in Beaufort. Stay turned.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 10-16-2021, 11:59 AM   #725

Make sure you pack plenty Tums!

Old 10-18-2021, 06:59 AM   #726

Man, I haven't even left for the airport yet and the soon to be gone worthless PA is pestering me now about something that needed to be done over a month ago. "Can you verify this part number? Can you confirm that this is correct? It's not in our system."

Christ, lady, I gave you all this verified and confirmed information early last month, less than one hour after I was forcibly involved because of your ineptitude. There are hundreds of parts manuals available at your fingertips and everyone freaking one of those manuals lists the same part number for the last 25 years. It's not in our system because we've never had to order one for replacement.

Jeez, it's gonna be a long week at corpulent. At least I got a seat in the pointy end today.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 10-18-2021, 07:05 AM   #727

Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.

Old 10-21-2021, 10:04 AM   #728

Hey Dr. Cheesy/The Cheesinator, we have not had our drama fix for a few days and need an update.

Old 10-21-2021, 06:20 PM   #729

Unless you count the unpleasant encounter, for him, that I had with our QC/How can I screw things up with more paperwork guy, it hasn’t been too bad a week down here. Biggest problem has been getting something to eat.

As far as the paper pusher, he learned that ‘His Production Procedure Procurement Rules’ do not apply to me, the Head Fix It Guy.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 10-22-2021, 04:45 PM   #730

So it wasn't too bad of a week in Hell. Only other thing that kind of pissed me off this week is that the new Production Manager requested that I leave MY roll around unlocked so the production guys had access to those tools. Short of telling him to fornicate himself, I kindly(Honest)let him know that every tool in that box, including said box, belong to me, not to Beaufort. Me. And it will be leaving with me on June 30.

He hemmed and hawed a bit when I told it was his responsibility as PM to make sure his people had the special tooling they needed. Also, every drone there should have their own personal box of tools. At the moment, they use a 'Community Tool Box', that is suddenly bereft of tools. If everyone had their own personal 'LOCKING' box, things probably wouldn't disappear as often.

It's also Eds' last day today. As of this writing, he has 10 minutes left to work. Talk about a short timer.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 10-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #731

Been out in Denver this week helping with some projects, one that I wanted no part of but I am up to my neck in it now. We finally finished the neck one today. I was another set of eyes and hands on a second project, and the last project is mine. The machine that I have been told I am the US Master of, has issues. Methinks some rodents got inside and made a mess of the wiring.
On that note, I would like announce that we have hired my replacement. I will meet with him on the 8th and fly his sorry butt to Beaufort so he can see how a factory shouldn't run. What he doesn't know, yet, is that he will be going to Denver with me to chase down the electrical issues on the 360.

BTW, as of today, I am officially on Medicare.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 10-29-2021, 09:54 AM   #732

Here is some useful info on the 360 that your successor might find helpful. Not sure why your company is still using these though.....
https://www.motortrend.com/vehicle-g...classic-drive/

So when are you pulling the plug? I thought the idea was next summer.

Old 10-29-2021, 10:31 AM   #733

This is my 360. Tires are 1000lbs each. Capable of towing 100 tons.

Today was supposed to be my last day but as we know, money talks. I have to try and cram 25 years of experience into the new guys head by June 30th.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 11-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #734

Spending my first day of non retirement doing paperwork and sitting on my couch with an electro-massager on my right shoulder because my tendinitis flared up. Badly. The rest of the week will spent visiting various rail yards in the Chicago area, doing crap our sales guys are supposed to do.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 11-12-2021, 06:19 AM   #735

Strange week here in hell. I stayed away from the production side and the front office as much as possible and that made things calmer. I did take the new guy around and introduced him to most, not all, of the staff. I keep finding new faces, which means turn around is pretty high on that side.
The new guy is going to be a good fit. He has a strong background in hydraulics and is certified on many of the engines we use on our equipment. It didn’t take him long to see the differences between the service and production sides. He goes, “There seems like there is a lot of confusion and back biting going on in Production. You guys work together and have each other’s back.” Dean, the one guy that doesn’t travel, told him that’s why there are few attitude issues in service. We bust each other’s balls, then dive in together to fix the problem.

One thing happened this week that I hope bodes well for the production side. A woman hired there a couple months ago appears to have more going on between her ears than the rest of the drones. She brought in her own tools, and takes care of them. And knows how to use them. Wednesday, she came over to the service area and wanted to speak with me. She said that it looked like a lot of people would refer, or defer, to me when there were questions about machines and processes, did I have enough pull to add more testing to what is being built because she sees future problems. My first response was if she wanted to come over to the service side just because she asked the question. Told her I probably don’t have the pull she thinks I have but that I would set things in motion to see if we can make it happen.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800