Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #61

sweet! i guess culcune's name carries some clout at excalibur!!! they were even expecting my call!! i have to run to the woman's office and print out some paperwork and fax it back to them and its taken care of. put together and everything!!! i see wilsoncat got the same treatment, did you have to go back and put loctite om everything??? and i assume i still need to dump the oil in it right away? can't thank you enough culcune! getting the black off road style. i know ill be on road more than off, but i prefer that style, and since ill be in town for the most part 25-35 mph I'm sure it will handle fine. i live like 2 blocks from the atv trail so I'm hoping to use it on there a lot too. and wilsoncat - what kind of helmet did you end up getting? i won't need one in town, but when i take it off road id feel safer since I'm a new rider too.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #62

The majority of car accidents happen at speeds you mentioned as for me I wear my dualsport helmet anytime I'm on bike better to be safe then sorry just my .02

Old 06-27-2014, 06:26 PM   #63

I got this one because I am mostly using on the street. You need to go to a store and try them on. It's like shoes...

http://hjchelmets.com/hjca/cl17_mission

Old 06-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #64

holy crap! thats lot for a helmet!! saw some on amazon for under 50 i was looking at. evos brand, prob generic, dual sport helmets. but yeah was going to try some on in a store first for sizing...

Old 06-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #65

Good to hear they took care of you! I knew that WilsonCat had ordered directly through them, and had an easy time, including having them assemble it. Confirm with Wilson, but I believe they change the oil right away, so you wouldn't need to until a few hundred miles.

Try the same place I suggested for a battery for a helmet http://www.t-motorsports.com/helmets/?sort=priceasc for a helmet, and I would suggest (down the line and not to give you extra stress like we were giving you ahead of your purchase) to look into a trunk like this http://www.t-motorsports.com/x-large...its-2-helmets/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post
holy crap! thats lot for a helmet!! saw some on amazon for under 50 i was looking at. evos brand, prob generic, dual sport helmets. but yeah was going to try some on in a store first for sizing...
Hey man...we're talking about your head here. I know that my head is worth the $130 or so I spent on the helmet. You only get one noggin. Cheap helmets will feel cheap....I tried on the $50 helmet at my local store. It's great if you like the feeling of sandpaper on your forehead.

I know there are some the ride without in states that do not require one. My opinion (once again mine...) is your a fool if you don't protect yourself.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCat View Post
Hey man...we're talking about your head here. I know that my head is worth the $130 or so I spent on the helmet. You only get one noggin. Cheap helmets will feel cheap....I tried on the $50 helmet at my local store. It's great if you like the feeling of sandpaper on your forehead
yeah i guess ill have to try them on to see how they feel quality wise. culcune, do you have one of those helmets from that website? $20! lol they have to real cheaply made.

and here is the deal on the bike --- this morning i emailed county imports, just to complain about their service, about how they created the new order to appease me over the phone, then invalidated my account! well tonight i went to the woman's office to print out the order form from excalibur and fax it back to them. i noticed an email from county imports saying my order went through and they were preparing to ship! even though it still says my account is invalid. i checked my bank account, and the 1500 was out, saying pending.i didn't fax my order to excalibur. going to wait until i get in touch with the bank in the morning to make sure i can still stop payment on that order. i did call county imports - recording - and emailed saying to cancel that order. of coarse they did it on a friday - pricks… luckily my woman is an attorney so even if it takes a little time, ill have the legal resources to get it taken care of - should the payment go through before i get in to the bank. what an ordeal!

Old 06-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #68

No, I did not order a helmet from t-motorsports, but I have seen a few people selling them online or shown on their internet site (i.e. http://www.advantiauto.com/ who is not an online dealer meaning they have enough faith to sell them in person, and they are on the up and up in the Phoenix area) I actually got mine, a Bell brand (made in China of course) from one of the Yuma Walmarts about 5 years ago. I had seen it in the auto parts section for weeks, and when I bought my Jetmoto endure (okay, maybe 8 years ago now) I inquired about the 'lonely' Bell helmet. They told me that they had taken it in as a return from a Walmart that carries helmets (we have a fairly transient population in Yuma between the snowbirds and US Marines and some Army guys and gals). I asked to speak to the manager, and I got about $15 off ($79.99 down to $65) because they were going to be stuck with it indefinitely.

As far as County going through with the order, keep in mind that they are in California, which has some pretty strong consumer laws, including one where they cannot charge your card until they actually ship the product, so your 'legal' co-worker should be able to put some fear into them. California's laws are on your side, besides your credit card company!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
.com/[/url]As far as County going through with the order, keep in mind that they are in California, which has some pretty strong consumer laws, including one where they cannot charge your card until they actually ship the product, so your 'legal' co-worker should be able to put some fear into them. California's laws are on your side, besides your credit card company!
yeah maybe thats why it says 'pending' on the bank account. going to the bank right now.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #70

Hey guys.. Just me the nOOb.. Country Importers.. wow.. Just dont who can be trusted these days? I am leaning toward the Denali/TMEC 200 enduro for my first round town fun bike. It would actually be my first ever moto.
I was actually hoping to find a distributor that offered a layaway program as I dont have the full $1500 at present. Still searching. Sorry for ya footer having to deal with shoddy business practice.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:04 AM   #71

Denali is the same bike as the TMEC, in case you were wondering. Denali only comes with the 21" front/18" rear knobby tires, while the TMECs come with either the same tires or 17" front/17" rear wheels/tires option. Since the deserts surrounding Yuma are ironically two-wheel unfriendly unless you are going all out with a big bore bike and paddle tires, but better suited to quads, and since I only commute on pavement, I am more than happy with the 17/17 setup.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #72

actually, I'm beginning to piece county imports together - don't think they are shady, as much as sloppy and slow. which isn't the greatest sign either. it seems as though its just one guy, and he probably gets more emails and phone calls than he can handle. because he did put my order through, and received and email after the fact, that he had to invalidate my account and give me a new password to start my order over again. but I'm glad to be on the right track again thanks to culcune. i still have to wait for county imports to reject my money transfer before i can fax my info to the other place i got it from - but hoping if i hound him monday morning, ill get it taken care of. i was hoping to have had my bike already, but I'm thinking having it delivered - already put together - by the distributor is going to be worth the wait.

Last edited by footer; 06-29-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #73

Quote:
actually, I'm beginning to piece county imports together - don't think they are shady, as much as sloppy and slow. which isn't the greatest sign either. it seems as though its just one guy, and he probably gets more emails and phone calls than he can handle. because he did put my order through, and received and email after the fact, that he had to invalidate my account and give me a new password to start my order over again. but I'm glad to be on the right track again thanks to culcune. i still have to wait for county imports to reject my money transfer before i can fax my info to excalibur - but hoping if i hound him monday morning, ill get it taken care of. i was hoping to have had my bike already, but I'm thinking having it delivered - already put together - by the distributor is going to be worth the wait.
I was under the assumption that Excalibur was a distributor to dealerships only.
Just curious. Glad things are working out for you.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattybikejones View Post
I was under the assumption that Excalibur was a distributor to dealerships only.
Just curious. Glad things are working out for you.
oh well maybe its a dealer not distributor - guess my moto speak needs cleaning up.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #75

Doh!

Quote:
oh well maybe its a dealer not distributor - guess my moto speak needs cleaning up.
Haha.. yeah, no worries. All I know is there are no TMEC brick and mortar dealers here in my neck of the woods.