Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2018, 08:13 PM   #61

The speedometer is a nice feature but there are some issues with it. First off it measures in kph instead of mph that most of us Americans use as a speed measurement. It also does not store accumulative miles. Works more like a trip meter that resets when you turn off the atv. It stores no memory. It looks like it may have a low fuel icon but can't be sure of that. Forgot to look when the tank was empty. It does show whether you are in DNR. Just mainly wish I could program the speedo to measure mph. I will get some photos.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:09 AM   #62

Check on the rear of the speedometer for a button to switch between MPH and KPH.
I had a similar issue with my UTV. The hour meter would reset if I turned off the ignition. Turned out that the memory wire was connected to the ignition instead of directly to a power source. Bad design because if you ever changed the battery it will reset back to zero. Seems like it should store the mileage when disconnected from a power source. Contact the dealer. Might be a bad cluster.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-07-2018, 02:05 PM   #63

Finally did get my winch mounted. Fit in there pretty good. As far as the speedo..I probably need to tear into that and see if there some sort of programmer button on the circuit board. I know it is capable of displaying mph because all the program options show up for a split second when you first turn the key on. Just may need a special programing tool to change. We will see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180507_112420.jpg (97.6 KB, 462 views)

Old 05-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #64

Quote:
Finally did get my winch mounted. Fit in there pretty good. As far as the speedo..I probably need to tear into that and see if there some sort of programmer button on the circuit board. I know it is capable of displaying mph because all the program options show up for a split second when you first turn the key on. Just may need a special programing tool to change. We will see.
Do you have any build details for the winch install? What brand did you go with?

I'll check into the the MPH/KPH speed display after I get mine built. Probably something simple.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #65

My winch is just one of the 2000# cheap ones off eBay that comes with the mounting plate. I then just buy U bolt clamps and clamp it down to the framing. I like the cheap 2000# winches off eBay because they have a lower amperage requirement then some others. This means that our small battery cam run the winch even with ATV not running. My brother has a winch that demands more amps and his ATV must be running for it to work properly.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #66

Quote:
My winch is just one of the 2000# cheap ones off eBay that comes with the mounting plate. I then just buy U bolt clamps and clamp it down to the framing. I like the cheap 2000# winches off eBay because they have a lower amperage requirement then some others. This means that our small battery cam run the winch even with ATV not running. My brother has a winch that demands more amps and his ATV must be running for it to work properly.
Nice, thank you for confirming. Mine Just arrived about an hour ago

Old 05-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #67

Grin

Glad to hear your ride showed up.

Regarding the speedometer...I found that it is indeed storing the total mileage. I have 36 miles on mine thus far. It is the trip that does not keep the information stored. The hour meter works just fine. I have 4 hours thus far.

Be sure your exhaust bolts are tight and that the exhaust is not rubbing or hitting anything. I have had to tweak mine. They have that exhaust tubing and muffler mounted really close to the frame.

Still have some vibration I need to sort out. It has settled down a bit the more miles I have put on it, but there still some there that will make your feet tingle. May improve a bit more once the chain wears in good, but may have to inspect the clutch if it dont. I like to tinker...so I will tinker till I get it sorted out I am certain.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:17 PM   #68

Just an update on my order from Upzy...they no longer respond to my emails asking for an update on when they expect their order of the Bull 200. I've asked them to cancel my order and provide a full refund so I can order one from basically any other site that has them in stock. Not happy with Upzy one bit.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:50 AM   #69

That sure sucks! I will have to make a note to not have any future dealing with Upzy.
I have ordered 2 ATV's from Killermotorsports with good results, another ATV from powersportsmax and my newest Bull 200 from txpowersports. Txpowersports had the best price on the Bull 200.
I did turn in a claim to txpowersports for a burnt out left headlight and let them know about a busted piece on one of my foot rest. So I will get to see how responsive their customer service is.
I never had any issues to report to the other retailers I have used...so can't really say how well they would respond to an issue.
Hope you have better luck with whomever you buy from. Big thumbs down to Upzy!

Old 05-09-2018, 08:00 AM   #70

I have one left headlight that has a defective bulb. So I will need to be getting that taken care of. I did add some additional front lighting. Really lights things up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180508_152509.jpg (93.1 KB, 428 views)

Old 05-09-2018, 08:06 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumblecopter View Post
Just an update on my order from Upzy...they no longer respond to my emails asking for an update on when they expect their order of the Bull 200. I've asked them to cancel my order and provide a full refund so I can order one from basically any other site that has them in stock. Not happy with Upzy one bit.
Scratch them off the list and move on. Q9spowersports have them in stock and have good service. They are a brick and mortar dealership and will pick up the phone and answer it. The reason most people have hear much about them is because they haven't done anybody wrong to piss them off. lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #72

Quote:
I did add some additional front lighting. Really lights things up!
How did you wire them up? I will hopefully be able to un box mine today. Oh yeah, I found a youtube video showing the the Display in MPH. Hopefully something simple.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:34 AM   #73

sold, i just ordered a green one.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
How did you wire them up?
There are three wires going to each headlight. White//Blue/Green. My led light set has a Red/Black wire coming out of each light. Wire black to black and red to red and then red to white and black to blue. Then just run off either the left or right wiring going into either headlight.
This configuration works like this. When the headlights are on and on low beam...only the atv stock lights are on. When you push the switch for high beam all the lights come on. Like looking into the sun.lol

Old 05-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
sold, i just ordered a green one.
Congrats!