Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #61

Or you could buy a WR TurboT. Imagine: electric start, kickstand, speedometer; luxury!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-24-2009, 02:35 AM   #62

Yes, and lights and perhaps the ability to insure for FSR's.

...but then it's just not as friggin cool as a YZ, is it? 8)

..and I think I'd miss my DR.D, as much as I'll probably piss everyone off in the trails, damn thing brings a smile to my face everytime I twist the throttle.

I started it in my driveway tonight, and revved it up, and set off the vibration alarm in my neighbours van across the street... ooops.. 8O

Old 08-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #63

Car alarms, Now that's funny......You must be first on the home owners associations 'to do' list

Old 08-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT

..and I think I'd miss my DR.D, as much as I'll probably piss everyone off in the trails, damn thing brings a smile to my face everytime I twist the throttle.

I started it in my driveway tonight, and revved it up, and set off the vibration alarm in my neighbours van across the street... ooops.. 8O
When you're riding on a hot day, and the YZ stalls on a step hill, and you're struggling to hold it up, let alone kick start it, a WR is pretty cool. Besides, your Dr. D pipe is a bolt-on for the WR.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT

When you're riding on a hot day, and the YZ stalls on a step hill, and you're struggling to hold it up, let alone kick start it, a WR is pretty cool. Besides, your Dr. D pipe is a bolt-on for the WR.
These are good points.

One day I'll have to try out a WR to see. The bro in law has the Honda WR version (I can't remember the lettering) and it just doesn't seem to have that pull my YZ has. He rode it once and the first time he cracked the throttle he started laughing, and he's a bit of a serious guy. Could be the sprocket and the pipe, which are easily changed though I guess.

..didn't want to take over Az's post to make it a Yamaha thread. :P

...and yes the car alarm was pretty funny. Luckily for me the bike hasn't been here much for me to irriate my neighbours, however that has changed!

Old 08-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #66

It's all good, How long can a guy keep an I BOUGHT A BIKE thread going I was beating a dead horse after the pics were posted
I'll have ot start a mod and ride threads later anyways 8)

Old 08-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #67

More pics, I got a day off so I messed with the bike a little. Put new grips on and my triangle stand showed up yesterday. It is small enough I can take it with me on trails....I now have a "kickstand" I peeled the ugly decals off the side.....And after a half an hour gettnig the rubber cement :roll: off. "yes they used rubber cement :!: I got it looking a little better.

Nice and clean

Oooh so nice, No decals

You finally see my baldy, Looks like they rode it on pavement.

Grips looks sharp, Next is get rid of that ugly bar pad.

Those looks like black shrouds, But they are really purple 8O Those will not be staying Still lokos better without those ugly striped stickers.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #68

Forgot my stand.....Nice and small but very strong.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #69

I kind of like the Fox bar bad. What style / colour are you thinking?

What size is your rear tire?

Old 08-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #70

I am going basic, Black and yellow suits this fellow.... I have always been a fan if KISS. Too many colors and stickers = silly looking IMO. Two basic colors a few well placed stickers and ta da it's a rider, Maybe that pad will grow on me....But it is fricken BRIGHT yellow in person Plus being a local bike I always change it up so nobody recognizes it and tells me bad things about it's past 8O