Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2008, 07:54 PM   #61

Still disputing the charges will get them to expedite resolving the issue.

Also I went to two bike shops today that were open for business.

Bought a new visor and a set of moose racing ATV bend bars.

Allen

Old 03-31-2008, 08:08 PM   #62

Maybe they have the model you were looking for, and you need to exchange it, you should ask...
They didnt really do anything wrong, the pics of the bike you got were posted, I agree it has to be replaced because of the acid leakage and if they pay for shipping, and agree to send you a cool boy or whatever then no harm done, I would check into that, as for the EPA/DOT approved thing I guess it is, all these China bikes are off-road bikes and are exported as such..its up to local liscense authorities to regulate road usage, as far as I know anyways....good luck with this man, hope it works out!!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:29 PM   #63

Re: atvdiscounters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonfu
I think american Lifan drop shipped the wrong Bike.
The bike is from ATV Discounters, what does A.L. have to do with any of this?
American Lifan supplies bikes to ATV Discounters. It states right on the
tag "Imported by American Lifan".
Yeah but American Lifan did not drop ship this bike to the customer, ATV discounter did, they shipped him a GY2 instead of a GY5...

Also, I believe most of the lifans in the US say american lifan on it, Rabbit Scooters/ Galata do as far as I know, I think it has to do with the fact that A.L. is owned by Lifan in China...

Anyways what my point is, is that A.L. has nothing to do with this and ATV Discounters are the one screwing him.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:37 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
Maybe they have the model you were looking for, and you need to exchange it, you should ask...
They didnt really do anything wrong, the pics of the bike you got were posted, I agree it has to be replaced because of the acid leakage and if they pay for shipping, and agree to send you a cool boy or whatever then no harm done, I would check into that, as for the EPA/DOT approved thing I guess it is, all these China bikes are off-road bikes and are exported as such..its up to local liscense authorities to regulate road usage, as far as I know anyways....good luck with this man, hope it works out!!!!
Nope. You're wrong on this one. The ad specifically says the bike is a 2008 GY-5, at best it's a 2006 GY-2. They can't just swap out models because they don't have the one advertised, there are trade laws on the books against that exact thing. There is NOTHING in the ad about a GY-2 and no statement that they reserve the right to substitute products based on availability. Not to mention, the GY-2 was several hundred dollars cheaper than the GY-5.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:40 PM   #65

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
wow... thanks for the overwhelming consistent responses and the great support! I will give them one more shot tomorrow and if they continue to dodge me and play games I will contact the credit card company.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #66

KNOTHEAD WROTE:
Nope. You're wrong on this one. The ad specifically says the bike is a 2008 GY-5, at best it's a 2006 GY-2.

I know dude but under that they posted pics of the bike they sent...which is for all anyone knows a 2008 GY-5...mainly Im just saying contact ebay I think you have 60 days to open a dispute......so do it just in case if you have not...
And Im not trying to be right about anything maybe they sent a 2006 GY-2, but prove it right, and if you can make sure they are not willing to send you the 2008 GY-5 before flippin the pancake, shi7 happens!!![/b]

Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterzCustomz
wow... thanks for the overwhelming consistent responses and the great support! I will give them one more shot tomorrow and if they continue to dodge me and play games I will contact the credit card company.
That's the way this site is....That's why I stuck around even after I sold my bike, There are a lot of really good people here.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:58 PM   #68

Re: atvdiscounters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim

Yeah but American Lifan did not drop ship this bike to the customer, ATV discounter did, they shipped him a GY2 instead of a GY5...

Also, I believe most of the lifans in the US say american lifan on it, Rabbit Scooters/ Galata do as far as I know, I think it has to do with the fact that A.L. is owned by Lifan in China...

Anyways what my point is, is that A.L. has nothing to do with this and ATV Discounters are the one screwing him.
The only bikes that will say "Imported by AL" are those that are actually
imported by the AL company. Hooper's bikes say "Imported by Hooper
Imports". Any bike that says Imported by American Lifan means the
bikes came through the AL doors and are identical to what AL was selling
themselves. My assumption is that AL no longer wanted to sell GY-2's so
they sold them off and ATV Discounter is now selling them (as their name
states =Discounter= so don't expect service after the sale).

If AL sells bikes to ATV Discounter then ATV-D does things that make AL
look bad then I would think AL might have some say in what is going on
and might be able to help. I do find it odd that a couple months ago AL
put out that letter saying how only AL sells real Lifans.....blah blah blah
then we find out they sold bikes to ATV Discounters who sells them on
ebay. AL, good job!
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 03-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #69

Im amazed at how many people buy that ALifan BS! Its ALL the same chinese stuff. Do you think Lifan in China gives a rip who sales thier bikes and weahter or not they get shipped? No they dont because they got thier cash. They bike in question here isnt a bad bike. It just insnt what he wanted, or paid for. I bought The gy2 on purpose because I didnt want a useless counterbalance shaft eating up horsepower. If you want a balanced engine balance the crankshaft. OOPS got off track there wrong thread. Any how way down at the bottom of ATVDISCOUNTER.COM there is a line that speaks of customer satisfaction. Maybe they will make it right. If not so be it. Its a great bike. And if its the color Send me the plastics and Ill send you my red and black ones. I like the blue.
[/u][/b]

Old 03-31-2008, 09:29 PM   #70

Plain and simple :
He didnt get what he ordered and they have a deceptive add.

ATV-deceivers just need to make it right.

Our bikes are NON-counter balanced and are just fine after properly securing the engines.
I'd still like to compare ours to a counter balanced engine just to see but even so our bikes are fun to ride and we have blast on them.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:33 PM   #71

I agree Im not sure the exact difference between the GY-5 or GY2 maybe plastics and seat height........but Im not sure any of these dealers really know what they are doing, they are after all not the OEM, My bike has a bunch of names...Chongqing Huansong GY200, Tomoto 200, Viva VX200SX......the plastics/stickers on you bike say G20-2 I have yet to see that.Ive even seen LF GY-2 and SG GY-2 same bike though??
Basically its a coin toss with these things especially on ebay....my advice cut them a bit of slack....if you really dont want the bike Im sure they will refund you and take that bike back, I mean it could be worse they could have sent nothing....Im on your side bro and good luck but I dont think they did anything on purpose, they are prob just a bit stupid!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:36 PM   #72

I have ridden both, I dont think that the balanced motor and rear drum are worth 500 bucks more. I got my nike throught this ATVDiscounter ( walked in and picked it out not mail order) and I paid $1060.49 including ttl. The 08 gy5 that I rode wasnt as strong as my gy2. Ride was about the same though. Brakes were better until I made mine right ( removed gold paper weight and dot5 fluid.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:10 PM   #73

Porterz,
Call everyone, CC company 1st, stop payment you didn't get what you ordered period, cancel the transaction.You have protection under either the visa or mastercard (whichever you used) symbol. They will usually fight it out for you. In most cases they give you your money back and then go after them. If you want to go further and fight for the next guy this happens to...Call the District Attorney in Texas and in your state and find out what legal ramifications you have against false advertising (make sure you write all this info down, this is a civil suit and ATV-Dis. knows it and may take months to rectify, good to be informed though). 3rd call the shipping company and file a claim with them explaining there was shipping damage to the product after uncrated. Again, these are great things to do but your best bet is to call the credit card company you used to purchace the bike. Legally they give you protection against situations just like this..Be persistant...A

Old 03-31-2008, 10:38 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
I agree Im not sure the exact difference between the GY-5 or GY2 maybe plastics and seat height........but Im not sure any of these dealers really know what they are doing, they are after all not the OEM, My bike has a bunch of names...Chongqing Huansong GY200, Tomoto 200, Viva VX200SX......the plastics/stickers on you bike say G20-2 I have yet to see that.Ive even seen LF GY-2 and SG GY-2 same bike though??
Basically its a coin toss with these things especially on ebay....my advice cut them a bit of slack....if you really dont want the bike Im sure they will refund you and take that bike back, I mean it could be worse they could have sent nothing....Im on your side bro and good luck but I dont think they did anything on purpose, they are prob just a bit stupid!!!
The difference between a gy 2 and a gy 5 is that a gy 5 is what was pictured in the ad, and a gy 2 is what was shipped, there is no mistaking that. It isn't just a naming scheme, they are not the same bike.

Also, motohillbilly, I think you were maybe talking to me... I never said the bike was different from what A.L. has or had, I said that A.L. has nothing to do with screwing over the customer, ATV discounters is the one doing it, I highly doubt A.L. even knows Portez has gotten a bike or who he is.

I agree with the others I would NOT cut them slack, they need to get you a GY5, however the ad does state a non balanced engine so I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

EDIT:

I would also do what Ambassador has suggested, and don't forget to report it to ebay too that they are send out different bike then the ad is for.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #75

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
**** I called today MANY times at different times during the day, all different numbers, a few different departments and they now have all their phones set up to go directly to voice mail except the main sales person if you want to buy a bike but the sales person claims he has nothing to do with it and he cannot help me and I would have to call the other numbers that do not pickup. The shocking thing is when he picked up he asked me to hold and I overherd him on the other phone sales line #2 asking a customer "well what bike did get" and then telling them they "need to call shipping" he "cannot help at this number" unless they want to buy another bike... Same thing they told me!!!!

25 Negative feedback points and 31 claims at the BBB gets you this..

ATV Deceivers, call today if you like taking it in the can..

817 717 7012 Shipping Main
817 717 7014 Shipping Manager "Trisha"
940 769 2177 Billing
817 717 7012 Sales 1 *
817 717-7001 Sales 2 * The only 2 that will pick up ****