Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #61

absolutely and I'll never enter one again . i may buy lottery tickets, no work involved . speaking of that , all the work in this voting thing . my younger brother just won a new pickup on a scratcher . 48k to spend on the truck Chevy or Ford of his choice . he said to me were lucky lately . i said no your lucky .my win was an incredible amount of work.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #62

UPDATES I finally installed the 40tooth rear sprocket . this i believe is a good size for this bike . 80mph fairly easy to get to with more to be had . oe 37 tooth would go 80mph on flat ground ,but hard to maintain . however more problems to fix , found more metal flaking from the rear swing arm ,even with the 40tooth down from the 49 i had tried . turn signals stopped working . i also filled the gas tank and kept smelling gas . gas was seeping under the tank . so off with the tank to find that ,gas was coming from the brassed on petcock and sending unit fittings ,not the threaded parts . at the brassing . also it has a vacuum type petcock that was also sucking fuel through it . so i sent an email to megelli and i am waiting now for a complete tank . to include fuel sender for the gauge ,manual petcock (update they no longer use vacuum style ) . and they are sending updated controls and grips to help with the turn signal problem . while waiting on these parts i decided to work on other things since it is slightly apart anyway . i have always wanted to flip the shock over ,there is an air valve on the top . impossible to get to to add air and the threaded collars on top . by no means are these as easy to work on as the dual sport bikes . something had to be done about this swing are and chain interference .

Old 08-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #63

IMG]http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq127/recracer/Megelli%20250r/DSC00630.jpg[/IMG] This is a work in progress . long story short .i had started cuting this section last night . had a doctors appointment today , i had this with me to take to work after the appointment ,due to some paper work i ended up having to move the appointment to a later time ,so i'm 50 miles from home and time to kill . i decided to find a friends shop that had moved since i saw him last . short part he fixed this up and welded ,while i went back to my appointment . i'll drill and tap a bolt hole and form this teflon in there as a wear surface/

Old 08-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #64

Thanks for letting us know about the 40 vs 37 tooth sprocket. You seem to have found the gearing that works with the available torque. What is the front sprocket size?

The stock welds are really nice. I've yet to own a CB that doesn't need help in the chain slider area, and I've used UHMW for that purpose.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #65

sorry i totally missed that weldangrind . it has a 13 tooth front and i have not figured out a compatable front sprocket .

Old 10-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #66

still waiting on a gas tank and handle bar switches . i just looked at the Bennche.com website and i am guessing that thay are phasing motorcycles out . only bike shown now is the 250r gone are the motard and the naked . witch makes me ask myself ,if i don't get the parts then what ?

Old 10-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by recracer
still waiting on a gas tank and handle bar switches . i just looked at the Bennche.com website and i am guessing that thay are phasing motorcycles out . only bike shown now is the 250r gone are the motard and the naked . witch makes me ask myself ,if i don't get the parts then what ?
I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting for parts, Racer. :( However, thank you for giving us the update.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #68

Well Here we are January ,26 2012 . after e-mail coversations with the uk and china . once again the comuication has dried up and no parts . looks like i may be on my own ,to repair the bike .

Old 01-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #69

That does suck and is a shining example on why Chinabikes, despite being a decent value, won't catch on in our country(ies).

Little or no after the sale support. :(

Old 01-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #70

That sucks.

Have you considered changing the petcock to a non-vacuum type? BTW, I've had excellent luck with Permatex Cold Weld for tank repair. It actually says that it is suitable for fuel tank repair, whereas JB Weld doesn't.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #71

Quote:
(We lost US market due to its serious EPA regulation so it may take time for use to reproduce a fuel tank fit to your demand. However, we shall do it by all means.)
megelli gone from the usa . Bennche should be giving the last ones away . new e mail today, still hopeful

Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #72

This has to be the most expensive free bike ever, in money and time. I wore out a mouse trying to get that bike for you.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #73

That sucks. :?

Old 02-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #74

my Question is , Do we really need this much EPA on single cylinder machines . future will be to difficult to get anything at a reasonable price ,at this rate .

Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #75

Were kind of in the same boat here in Canada except the chinabikes cost twice as much to start with... There were only a couple of different dual sports that were street legal here and with Konker disappearing there is one less. I hate to say it, but I would think long and hard before I would ever consider getting another chinese machine here. Not only do we have to pay almost japanese prices, but there's no guarantee that the company we bought it from will even exist a year down the road. Kind of funny, just when I thought the chinese machines would start to take off it looks more likely that theyre going extinct...