Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #61

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlifan
We honestly sold those bikes wish the intention of them selling them as "offroad only" That particular unit was never built for highway use and developed viberation issues when an in-experienced rider would ride while sitting on the red line for long periods of time.

We figured that we would take a loss on the bikes just to clear up all the extra warehouse space that we could. We never intended for them to sell online but to sell locally in the Dallas metroplex. Now that we know what type of characters these people are I'm fairly sure we will not continue to do business with them.

Shawn
You share none of the blame on this, But at least now You know what kind of company they are and that will help You from getting wrapped up with them again. A good reputation is hard to build.....But very easy to tear down.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #62

Culcune,

Tomarrow morning I will give their main office a call in and see if they will take the warranty statement off their site/ads. if they do not conform i will be writing a letter to the state in order to remove our line make from their dealers license.

Shawn

Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #63

You should have them take the GY-5 photos down, too, IMO, if they aren't sending that bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-09-2008, 09:34 PM   #64

They don't run atv discounters? Why don't you file a claim with the FTC?

Old 04-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #65

Anytime you work in a large volume industry there are always possibilities that errors will occur. We have sold over 30,000 units worldwide and we have had our share of growing pains. We attempt to handle any issue as promptly and professionally as possible.
This particular issue is an interesting case. The client notified us of our shipping mistake. We informed him of our shipping policy, and told him that once the freight truck driver confirmed pickup of the mistakenly shipped unit, we would send him the correct unit. He said that would be fine. We then scheduled the unit for pickup, but once the truck arrived he outright refused to put the bike on the truck.

I am not exactly sure of his motivation, but he was unwilling to work with us on fixing the issue. We explained to him that we once the freight company confirmed it was on the truck, we would expedite him his order. We offered monetary discounts, extended warranties and several other items because we acknowledged we had sent the wrong unit. All he had to do was allow the freight company to pick up the wrong unit and this would all have been fixed.

If you buy a defective item from a store, they are not going to give you your money back until you bring them the item. We were accepting full responsibility for the error and were trying to work with this customer on it, but he refused. We then offered a full refund of the purchase to him. He said he would not trust us to refund the money so he was just going to keep the unit.

There was no malice or ill intent on sending on the wrong Lifan. We had both in inventory and our procurement department sent the wrong unit. We tried countless times to fix the situation, but this particular client seemed unwilling to want to fix it.

I typically avoid posting on boards. We have fans of our company and we have people who don't like us. This can be said about every company in the world. I felt this particular issue needed to be addressed because I was involved personally with this client.

We stand by every purchase from our company and do our best to satisfy our clients. If you ever have any issues or questions about ATVDiscounter.com please feel free to contact me personally @ nathan.barling@atvdiscounter.com or 817.717.7013. I will gladly discuss anything about the company or personally assist in resolving any issues you have with a purchase.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVDiscounter
Anytime you work in a large volume industry there are always possibilities that errors will occur. We have sold over 30,000 units worldwide and we have had our share of growing pains. We attempt to handle any issue as promptly and professionally as possible.
This particular issue is an interesting case. The client notified us of our shipping mistake. We informed him of our shipping policy, and told him that once the freight truck driver confirmed pickup of the mistakenly shipped unit, we would send him the correct unit. He said that would be fine. We then scheduled the unit for pickup, but once the truck arrived he outright refused to put the bike on the truck.

I am not exactly sure of his motivation, but he was unwilling to work with us on fixing the issue. We explained to him that we once the freight company confirmed it was on the truck, we would expedite him his order. We offered monetary discounts, extended warranties and several other items because we acknowledged we had sent the wrong unit. All he had to do was allow the freight company to pick up the wrong unit and this would all have been fixed.

If you buy a defective item from a store, they are not going to give you your money back until you bring them the item. We were accepting full responsibility for the error and were trying to work with this customer on it, but he refused. We then offered a full refund of the purchase to him. He said he would not trust us to refund the money so he was just going to keep the unit.

There was no malice or ill intent on sending on the wrong Lifan. We had both in inventory and our procurement department sent the wrong unit. We tried countless times to fix the situation, but this particular client seemed unwilling to want to fix it.

I typically avoid posting on boards. We have fans of our company and we have people who don't like us. This can be said about every company in the world. I felt this particular issue needed to be addressed because I was involved personally with this client.

We stand by every purchase from our company and do our best to satisfy our clients. If you ever have any issues or questions about ATVDiscounter.com please feel free to contact me personally @ nathan.barling@atvdiscounter.com or 817.717.7013. I will gladly discuss anything about the company or personally assist in resolving any issues you have with a purchase.
I for one am glad You posted a response, Not sure why You would avoid this site. It is pro Chinese bikes and has some very nice people ans new customers come here for advice and to ask dealers questions. With that said You did not address some of the issues that were brought up about Your company
You have a very bad rating with the BBB,

You have a lot of the same type of complaints on Ebay, and The ones who complain seem to get attacked for doing so,

Your office help seems impossible to get hold of when problems arise,

You were not as nice in Your email repies to this customer as You have been in this post.

Do You have the correct GY5 in stock?

I agree he should have sent the bike back and made this entire fiasco worse by hanging onto it...You did attempt that and were stopped. But some of this seems awful suspicious to me. Maybe You can clear more up for us.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #67

The popularity of the Lifan lines have grown so they are easily becoming our most popular units. We should have all of our Lifan fully in stock again in a week or two. You can check our site for more details.

As for the china riders website...

I was only recently turned onto the website from one of our customers. I have been extremely impressed with the knowledge and activity in the community. It is sites such as this that will help legitimize the Chinese Powersports industry in the mainstream. I will do my best to read the site every few days and offer my input when applicable.

I will also start posting some prototype units that are upcoming from China so I can start gathering some industry feedback.

Again if you ever have any questions about ATVDiscounter.com or have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at nathan.barling@atvdiscounter.com.

Also, if you are not treated in a professional manner by any employee of ATVDiscounter please notify me immediately so I can follow-up and fix the problem.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #68

Nathan,

While I have been critical of your company in this and related threads, I am glad to hear your side. It's very easy to expect the worst from China bike sellers, there have simply been too many whose only interest is turning a dollar and have no regard for the customer at all. I guess that's what we all expect and when a member here said they got a bum deal, most of us just happily jumped on the band wagon.
I can only speak for myself, but if I have been wrong I won't hesitate to apologize.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #69

Agreed, It helps that You posted Your side of the fiasco. Both parties were wrong in certain areas and it would appear it could have been resolved. With all this info it should mean that we should not hear many more if any complaints about Your company because of all the additions You are making. Stick around also, This site is as good for dealers as it is for riders.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM   #70

With this particular issue, Porterz has only himself to blame for not allowing the problem to be rectified. Looking at BBB and Ebay feedback there does seem to be a bad trend but the feedback is much more to the positive side then negative. I do hate to see sellers that use feedback at a way to attack buyers who leave neg (retaliation).. In this instance though, ATVD did follow through with trying to resolve the problem and the buyer did not allow them to do so.....

ATV-D, maybe you would clear up a question many here had..... How did you get ahold of American Lifan motorcycles? Are you an approved dealer of AF bikes? Just curious....
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #71

We are licensed to sell a lot of different chinese manufacturered units including Lifan.

I can't promise to check this board daily, but I will do my best. If you have any direct questions about I can always be reached at nathan.barling@atvdiscounter.com.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #72

Unanswered questions......

Don't you use a bonded shipping company? Why wouldn't the truck driver be just the same as your front door?

How would he have been able to take possesion of the bike he was supposed to have recieved WITHOUT returning the older incorrect model you sent him at the same time?

Why must the customer wait/endure/trust you, for your admitted mistake?

If your "name" is at stake, what's the chance involved with sending out 1 out of 30,000 bikes? Trucking company no good?

Why would you not immediately jump on this and make it right WITHOUT saying negative things about this customer to ebay? You already had his money. He has youth for an excuse, you are a business.

I will be amazed about a real response to each of these questions.
And I'm sure others that had considered your company, will also be quite interested.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #73

I also have to agree with others here when they question the way things were handled when Porterz informed them they shipped the wrong bike. Instead of claiming the GY-2 was a more expensive bike, they should have went out of their way to fix it after they confirmed that it was in fact wrong.
I think that's one of the biggest things that threw up a red flag.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
I think that's one of the biggest things that threw up a red flag.
For me, it was the Ebay ad that showed the GY-5 model. Then, when Shawn mentioned they sold a load of GY-2's to clear out inventory, and the fact that Porterz had gotten one of the GY-2's, and no one was returning his call for several days! Then, they would not guarantee him a refund in writing for their wrong, or bring the GY-5 at the same time they came to pick up the bike--many red flags before accusing Porterz of not returning the bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune

For me, it was the Ebay ad that showed the GY-5 model. Then, when Shawn mentioned they sold a load of GY-2's to clear out inventory, and the fact that Porterz had gotten one of the GY-2's, and no one was returning his call for several days! Then, they would not guarantee him a refund in writing for their wrong, or bring the GY-5 at the same time they came to pick up the bike--many red flags before accusing Porterz of not returning the bike.
Don't forget the ebay feedback, the ripoff report (and BBB?) and posts on other forums with similar problems/hassles/results.

Like others have said, there are a lot aspects to the situation that caused concern. I will say that it is nice to see the posts here from ATVD. Only time will tell of what was said was really meant and will be followed through with, but it's a nice start IMO.

My opinion of this one situation in peticular, is that the truth lay somewhere in the middle. I'm still not sure we've been privy to all the facts, but such is usually the case. I do think we have enough information to form an accurate opinion overall, of both the seller and the buyer.

Best of luck to both parties in the future.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Closed Thread