Old 02-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #61

nice ride

Like the ride universal I got mine up and running today

Old 02-28-2009, 09:17 AM   #62

Re: nice ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehspec64
Like the ride universal I got mine up and running today

Thats great. Are you gonna get the spacers for the rear? I like it so much better with the spacers on. I can really feel a difference in the stability.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #63

Uni, do you have a website URL or phone number for the place you got them spacers from? I'd like to get some myself (My v4sw isn't even here yet, and already I'm thinking "upgrades"!)- I ask because I'm a former professional Ebay seller who is now boycotting Ebay due to their recent policy changes which encourage fraud against sellers and leave us with virtually no recourse or protection. (Ebay has lost about 50% of it's former top powersellers over the past year due to their wildly unpopular changes and fee hikes)

Plus, I refuse to use PayPal....and Ebay now has most remaining sellers bullied into accepting only that form of payment.

Thanks for any info- I'd appreciate it. (And I'm sure the seller would, too- as most remaining Ebay sellers are only too thrilled to avoid the complications that dealing through Ebay now entails)

(To anyone who may be interested, Google "Ebay Boycott" for more info)

EDIT: Never mind- I found the info.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #64

I hear you on the Ebay deal. I'm a Powerseller and have been getting hammered with fees. My sales #s are great, but when I sell $100 items and suck up $13 each in selling fees, and about $5 a piece in PayPal fees it hurts. Problem is Ebay really has a corner on the market and without Ebay I wouldn't have the play money I do at the present time.

So...I'm going to buy my V4SW soon. I want to order from the same place as Universal Diver got his (www.vbike.us) so is there a specific person to talk to? I tried playing with their website to place my order, but I kept getting the response "You choose different colour! Haha, and yes it really said that.

So I take it the wheel spacers are really only for the rear, or do people commonly use them front and rear? Also, performance upgrades!! Does anyone have first hand experience with parts to make these things go faster, take a little more air, and brake better?? The V4S has front disk brakes, and the V4SW has drum, which is kind of strange to me. I wonder how difficult swapping to the V4S front braking system would be. Talk to me about this...get me excited enough to pull my card from my wallet and make the call!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #65

Tim is the guy to talk to at Vbike. I hesitate to mention this but I believe adding the spacers puts excess leverage and stress on the axles. It is OK until you hit that big bump at high speed.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #66

I have to concurr with TheRealWorld- I was thinking to myself that extending the wheels out would naturally put more stress on the axle, and may even affect the rims, since they are then only beiong supported around the bolts....and in doing a little digging last night on this and another forum, I did see some people mentioning this very thing- so I think I'll hold off on the spacers myself and let Universal continue to be the guinea pig! (The posts mentioned the probability of this- no one was actually complaining of a problem yet, though)

Ordering at Vbike over the phone (through Tim) takes only seconds- and he will even give you a discount on top of the already low price!! Mind you, I haven't received my v4sw yet, but Vbike is the only brand of MIC I'd consider purchasing. I love how the vbike website lists all the details about each model- including diomensions and tire sizes- whereas a lot of the other MIC-brand sites don't)

I have a feeling that my only regret is going to be that I didn't purchase the "300 Thunder" model. (I was leary of spending more $ on a brand I've never seen in person- but from all I've read about this brand all over the net, I think it would have been a safe bet! (If the v4sw turns out to be all I believe it will be, I may just see if I can sell it for close to what I paid for it, and order me that 300 Thunder!!)

One thing about the v4sw that I may not like, are the tires. I would prefer nobbier times. It seems that in the pics on the Vbike website, some of the model v4sw's are pictured with better tires- so maybe I'll get lucky and mine will show up with the better tires??? (Looks like Universal got the tires I'm dreading- but I guess for this price, they do have to skimp somewhere.....)

Anywho, my bike should arrive tuesday- and I'll be taking pics and making vids!!

Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey
I have to concurr with TheRealWorld- I was thinking to myself that extending the wheels out would naturally put more stress on the axle, and may even affect the rims, since they are then only beiong supported around the bolts....and in doing a little digging last night on this and another forum, I did see some people mentioning this very thing- so I think I'll hold off on the spacers myself and let Universal continue to be the guinea pig! (The posts mentioned the probability of this- no one was actually complaining of a problem yet, though)
The spacers that we're talking about put tons of leverage against the studs, and the small contact area behind the face of the wheel. The best setup would be a machined adapter style spacer, which utilizes the entire face of the hub and the wheel for support.

Quote:
Ordering at Vbike over the phone (through Tim) takes only seconds- and he will even give you a discount on top of the already low price!!
I plan to call and talk to Tim tomorrow. It looks like I'll be buying 2 of these quads, so maybe he will cut the price even further.

Quote:
I have a feeling that my only regret is going to be that I didn't purchase the "300 Thunder" model. (I was leary of spending more $ on a brand I've never seen in person- but from all I've read about this brand all over the net, I think it would have been a safe bet! (If the v4sw turns out to be all I believe it will be, I may just see if I can sell it for close to what I paid for it, and order me that 300 Thunder!!)
I looked up the specs for the 300 Thunder and found while it has some nice things like front disk brakes, and 50cc more displacement, it also lugs around an extra 90lbs of dead weight. I'm no expert, but it seems the extra 90lbs may tip the power to weight ratio in the favor of the V4SW.

Quote:
One thing about the v4sw that I may not like, are the tires. I would prefer nobbier times.
Agreed, thats one of the first things I think I will find myself changing.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:17 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboostcreep
I looked up the specs for the 300 Thunder and found while it has some nice things like front disk brakes, and 50cc more displacement, it also lugs around an extra 90lbs of dead weight. I'm no expert, but it seems the extra 90lbs may tip the power to weight ratio in the favor of the V4SW.
I agree. In fact, the HP to weight ratio of the v4sw is one of the things that attracted me to it. I see many people these days with these huge displacement ridiculously heavy ATVs...it's getting to the point where they may as well just get a Jeep or a Hummer....

I wanted a lighter bike- as it should be fairly easy to load into my van if I want to take it somewhere...and if it gets stuck, I can just drag it out...and it's supposed to be quite fast and nimble.

I'm thinking though, that the extra 90 lbs. in the 300 might mean a heavier-duty frame and suspension, and it's (I believe) the widest bike they sell, at 47". I couldn't see where else that extra weight would come from.

Time will tell though. I may also just change out the tires. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see which tires we get- notice that some of the v4sw's are pictured with better tires:

http://www.vbike.us/multidata/200901231739551831835.jpg
(((Edit: Click to see image- deleted pic as it was stretching the board, and I don't know if UBB allows sizing in the tags like HTML does. -Ky.D)))

Maybe if you order the blue, you get the somewhat better tires? (Wish I would've noticed this before ordering the green!)

Old 03-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #69

Whoa!! You really want to appreciate Vbike? Check this out:

http://www.menintools.com/sunlatv250.html

This other place is offering what, upon first glance appears to be the same bike as the v4sw, for $1000.00 more than Vbike!! :o

But wait! There's less! Upon closer inspection, the more expensive bike actually is not as good as the v4sw! While it is also a 250cc, it puts out less horsepower; it has 8" rims instead of 10".....stated top speed is lower....

Man- just because some of these MICs look the same and use some of the same components.....doesn't mean they're the same! I can't get over it- $1K more for a lesser quality bike!!

Old 03-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #70

Ok...I ordered my 2 quads today. I really wanted red....to go with my truck, trailer, and my dirtbikes, but Tim was out. So I got Yamaha blue. My sister got orange. Tim said the quads will be shipping today and will arrive to me in CA on Friday. You better believe I will be assembling them first thing Saturday morning.

As a side note: If anyone has red, and wants to trade, I will cover the cost of shipping to and from, as well as throw in $40 bucks cash. I'm referring to trading plastics... and foot netting.

I need some info on oil type and quantity also. I assume they use 10w40 oil that supports wet clutches. Please drop me the info so I can have the supplies ready. Also...did you drain the oil out that was in there, and was it fish oil?

Old 03-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #71

Hey, Congrats, Creep!!

I'm going to use Rotella-T 15W40 in mine- it's compatible with the wet clutch; no junk in it; and I use it in other things, so I don't have to go and keep 100 different oils on hand. (And it's available at Wal*Mart)

Dunno about the fish oil, but it only takes just under a quart of oil I believe, so it couldn't hurt to change it before cranking it up, and then again after the initial half-hour of running(very important).

2 of 'em, eh? Cool! Too bad they didn't have your red. Hey, I'd trade you my green for your blue!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #72

So far no issues with the spacers. They look a little goofy on, but personally not as goofy as the narrow rear end did. I may get the machine shop to do me some billet spacers though if it looks like I will need it. Did I mention I cant stand the narrow rear end?

KentuckyDonkey I was a little shocked too when I saw the price on the linked site for menintools.

The MIC market is a joke as far as pricing goes. NOTHING is standard.

I would be willing to bet the dealer price on this bike is around the 600 dollar range. I have set up several buyers accounts just to see the pricing so I know I would not get had. I think Vbike is a fair mix when you figure in support and free shipping. I have posted price lists in the past, wont do it again because I no longer have them, but they make you wonder just how much profit people need to make. I ve seen the 50 cc scooters around 299 and the 150cc for 599. 8O

Old 03-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #73

Wow if only vbike was a public company and I would have purchased stock a couple of years back.Congrats to all the new vbike owners.

I wouldn't worry about the wheel spacers they did fine for me as well as several others.The assumption was always suggested by posters that they would fail at the point of contact but there has never been a post on the ATV site of any problems.I will try to find the link that convinced me to use them that had several testimonials from people that have used them with no issues.
I was sceptical too.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 03-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #74

Uni, I certainly share your disdain for them narrow rears!

Funny- just off the top of my head, I was thinking that these things must wholesale for around $600- after you figure they probably have to allow an average of $400 for shipping...doesn't really leave them with too much after overhead and taxes, etc. Amazing! (I think a lot of what people pay for the Japs is because of the dealer set up; dealer profit and manufacturer/co-op advertising, and of course better fit and finish, and slightly more ample measurements- but I think these Chinx will suit me just fine, and am thankful that they exist, otherwise I wouldn't be taking up wheeling at the age of 46!). Shoot- what kinda profit can they be making? $50-$100 a unit?

K-man: Ya know...I'm actually not too worried about the rim failure- as it would likely show signs of distortion in time to catch it- but I was just worried about the axles bending. You're swaying me back to trying the spacers! (Extra stability is not a bad thing!)

Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #75

anyone know what the wheel bolt pattern is?