Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2022, 06:12 AM   #796

Hello, new to the forum. I just received my Templar M and need to change the oil as everyone mentions in all the reviews. I'm not engine savy. Do you have to remove the skid plate to drain the oil for the change? The manual is just a generic manual , not specific to the templar.

Old 11-04-2022, 12:36 PM   #797

I took mine off. It is under a tarp right now behind another bike (raining) so I can't look. I think there is a window but it is small... Much easier with the skid plate removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachhacker View Post
Hello, new to the forum. I just received my Templar M and need to change the oil as everyone mentions in all the reviews. I'm not engine savy. Do you have to remove the skid plate to drain the oil for the change? The manual is just a generic manual , not specific to the templar.

Old 11-04-2022, 01:51 PM   #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I took mine off. It is under a tarp right now behind another bike (raining) so I can't look. I think there is a window but it is small... Much easier with the skid plate removed.
Thanks so much.

Old 11-05-2022, 12:09 AM   #799

Anyone upgrade the CDI on a Templar? It's in such an easy spot to access, thought it could be a nice upgrade. No idea which to buy or if it's worth it.

Old 11-05-2022, 12:10 AM   #800

Quote:
I measured the battery tray and got the largest battery I could. Look at post #29 in this thread. It is a Weize battery from Amazon
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31439

Found the Amazon listing. This should be live and acccessible for at least a wekk:

https://www.amazon.com/Weize-YTX5L-B.../dp/B07P8487C6
Thanks

Old 11-08-2022, 12:35 PM   #801

FYI you can get the YTX5L-BS batteries at Walmart, different selections, one on sale for $21 right now. Free shipping. I forgot when a mate of mine got batteries years ago he always got them from Walmart. My local Walmart Supercenter also has then in stock on the shelf but not the full selection of whose sticker you want on the battery.

You can also get it from replacement battery store. Its $11.99 with $9.99 shipping.

I have a feeling these all come from the same factory with different stickers out on to make it look like different brands. There is one difference I noticed, the battery store said 4.5A/80CCA in the description even though sticker says 5A while all the others online were saying 4.2A/70CCA in descriptions. Being China you can’t always trust the sticker as they sometimes print what they think would sell more, especially in batteries from China.

https://replacementbatterystore.com/...ement-battery/

Old 11-09-2022, 09:19 PM   #802

What does everyone use as a general basis to determine ballpark torque specifications with this bike. MCO states X7-CB250F but Honda CB250 is Nighthawk and a street bike and CB250F is Hornet and similar.

I did find the CRF250R owners manual on some place in Australia. It gives a bunch of torque specifications but how applicable is it to the Templar X 250?

http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...2032KRN820.pdf

Old 11-10-2022, 12:26 PM   #803

The zongshen clones are comparable to Honda counterparts, but I have never seen any real specs other than the 19 horse power claim (and the metric equivalent) posted on sales websites for the ZS172FMM-3A (5speed) and ZS172FMM-5 (6speed).

Zuumav's use of the term "CB250" within "X7-CB250F" doesn't mean the Honda CB250 is related. And the zongshen engines are just reverse engineered Honda engine clones. In fact Zongshen is learning more about building engines and drifting away from the original exact clones. But you could never really compare performance specs too closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
What does everyone use as a general basis to determine ballpark torque specifications with this bike. MCO states X7-CB250F but Honda CB250 is Nighthawk and a street bike and CB250F is Hornet and similar.

I did find the CRF250R owners manual on some place in Australia. It gives a bunch of torque specifications but how applicable is it to the Templar X 250?

http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...2032KRN820.pdf

Last edited by Thumper; 11-10-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Old 11-10-2022, 10:12 PM   #804

The spark plug is so easy to get to compared to my KLR. I bought one for the KLR but never put it in and I think I'm gonna install it on the M.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:13 AM   #805

Anyone know what part number NGK spark plug fits the Templar X 6 speed counterbalanced engine? Thanks.

Old 11-12-2022, 03:19 PM   #806

Gap: 0.7 - 0.85mm
Valve clearance: 0.01 intake 0.03 exhaust

Is the above still current and valid on the 6-speed engines?

Last edited by Texas Pete; 11-12-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:48 PM   #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
I am sure I have messed up the numbers being used for setting the valve gaps. Just confirming that we are sure on the 0.01-0.03 gaps?

I got my China tool but it only goes down to 0.02 apparantly and that is so thin I've never seen its like, feels like it would ripple 300 times in the wind if I sneezed and would tear itself apart if I set anything with it and tightened the lock nut before removing it. Do I need to find a new tool with 0.01mm feeler, I can't seem to find any that go that low. Or did I goof and you all meant 0.1mm-0.3mm? Or are you using imperial measurements?

I have the new 6 speed motor. Do they still use the same gap sizes as the 5 speed motor variant?

Attachment 27803

Attachment 27804
I think you have confused two different values. AFAIK the valve gaps on those engines are similar to a crf230 engine or any of the other cb250 variants. .003 inch not .03 mm. .003 inches would be .08 mm. .004 inch is .10 mm

.08 - .10 mm is usually lash syated lash specs for these engines
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 11-13-2022, 09:51 AM   #808

Long time "lurker", first time poster here.
I bought a Templar 250X a few months back, to replace a 2007 Honda XR650L (hated it, what a pig of a bike!). Straight out of the crate, I replaced the chain and rear sprocket (42t), rejetted the carb (48 pilot, left main alone for now). Changed the oil, installed clear fuel lines, greased all pivot points, bled brakes (front is still a little "soft", feel-wise, but plenty of power), installed a Battery Tender pigtail. I've put @ 125 miles on it so far, really like the bike-especially for the money. I used to have a 2007 Yamaha XT225, and this bike has everything I liked about the XT-but just a little "more" of everything I liked about it. Especially chassis rigidity. I don't ride it a lot, but it's a great addition to my garage.

Old 11-13-2022, 09:53 AM   #809

Wow!

Sorry the pics downloaded so huge! I'll figure out how to shrink them down if I post any others.

Old 11-14-2022, 12:26 PM   #810

Quote:
Here it is. I've asked PSM if they can get this for us. See Nutcracker post #636 above!

Name:  LeftRearView-RackBikepost.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  95.8 KB

Thumper,

Did you ever check to see if these ever came in. It is hard for me to see in the smaller photo but does it look to you that it also bolts into the passenger foot peg holes in the frame? I personally wouln't mind having to pull those if it gives extra rigidity to the carrier. This isn't or wasn't in the cards as an upgrade path until you posted it. Still a ways off for me after other upgrades planned.