Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Excellent article. Yay DOT!!
Pretty much my thoughts exactly, with the addition of, long article... but still good.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #77

I guess it's time I comment on my EXL Mesh Jacket eh?

Sorry no pictures right now.... For the price I paid I'm really happy with it... The collar is soft inside so the velcro doesn't scratch. The zippers do the job, 2 zippered pockets with liners I assume to keep the rain out if you have a phone in there for example. Lots of adjustable straps to make it fit good. Dealing with the company that sells it (which I have done in the past) is always pretty easy, they seem to be really good, and even offer a 105% refund. The jacket also has what it says is CE armor, which was commented on before as just being some foam pads, which is true, and I don't know how CE certification works, but I assume these pads would help at least a little in protecting from blunt impacts to the elbows or spine. I initially ordered a Large, however with the large, the pads would not be in the proper spots for me, so I got a medium, and it fits pretty well, with lots of adjustments, and the pads stay in the correct spots. The wrists have a velcro strap to tighten which does cork good in my opinion, the material there, with seams and whatnot for the zippers is a little thick, but over gloves it works good to tighten it up. (they have sippers running up the sleeve a few inches, the velcro strap runs partially around the circumference of the wrist). The best part, the wind blows right through it. I don't know how well it will hold up in a crash, but on hot days it keeps me from riding in a t-shirt so I think it is doing a pretty good job already.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #78

These are images of old British posters

And this image is property of forum moderator SpudRider

Old 03-10-2010, 03:04 AM   #79

So what's everyone here wear for footwear while riding?

I'm considering getting a pair of these, http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...ots/53863.html

They are more like a shoe then a boot, however they do go up a bit to offer some protection to the ankle... I figure they would do a better job then regular sneakers.

I also just ordered a pair of these pants, http://motodirect.com/product/114_11...ker-Pants.html I've already got a pair of them, but they are size large and they're too big for me so I ordered a medium. They seem like really good, well made pants. Originally the large size was too long for me, the knee pads were more like shin pads, but I pulled them out of the pockets half way and made it work... However I've lost a bit of weight and now the waist is too big as well so I am hoping in the size medium that the inseam length is better too.

It's probably not the best gear to be wearing, but I prefer the textile gear over the leather and the pants let the wind through for summer riding. I would say the pants are higher quality then my EXL jacket. The boots/shoes are probably not the best but better then sneakers, and I don't like big clunky boots.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #80

I wear saftey toe boots at work. They double as my riding boots. I have quite a few pairs floating around.

Never had any motorcycle specific footwear, except moto boots.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #81

I watched a guy slide down the asphalt today in my mirror. His gear saved his skin. Walked away with minor injuries.

His Victory was not so fortunate.

Doc, I kept him from getting up until the ambulance arrived. Didn't want him to risk further injury.

Allen

Old 04-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #82

Glad he's OK, sorry about the Vic. That's why we pay for insurance. What caused the accident?

Old 04-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #83

He crested a hill to find a line of stopped cars waiting for a left turner. 55mph highway. He hit the car behind me. His turn signal thumped the bumper of my car. His buddy came around me on the left and stopped.

The if he would have walked away if he had riding pants on.

His buddy told me they had just stopped for gas and he said that it was getting to warm for the jacket. Decided to keep it on. Probably saved his elbows and back from skin grafts.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:07 AM   #84

I picked up some more gear... The local Victory dealer was having demo days and they had some jackets on sale. I got an m2r Urban textile jacket and an m2r mesh jacket. They were $89 a piece, seemed like a great deal. I haven't used the mesh jacket yet, but the quality and fit seem top notch, as do the protective padding in the elbow shoulder and back. Same with the textile one, but I used it, it is really nice to ride with, keeps me nice and warm.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #85

New Helmet

I picked up a new helmet as the padding on my beloved AGV is starting to break down... Fathers day gift to myself .
Its a modular helmet, I've wanted one for years. It's the Scorpion Transformer helmet and it converts to a billed open face helmet and has an integral sun shield. My son thinks it looks "Master Chiefish" with the sun shield down. 8) Lol, it even has my initial on the front!

Cheers,
Stew

Old 06-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #86

That's pretty cool! 8) Dig the lightning bolt S.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #87

Awesome Stew! See, I know what your son means, since I'm a total geek.

You can now look cool while riding AND be ready for the Covenant invasion.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #88

3/4helm with faceshield untill i find a offroad helmet+aviator goggles for long trips.(aviator goggles are better then snow goggles and they are about $10 a piece at walmart)

20 year old leather jacket but its too hot 90% of the time so i just wear a cotton longsleeve.

jeans,old boots.

thats if i go on the highway.for around town i rarely get past 20mph so i wear atleast sneakers and pants

Old 02-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #89

The missus bought me a new lid for an early BDay present.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...met/hjc/is-16/

Looks like the sun is out today so I'll get to give it a try.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #90

Nice looking helmet! Nice wife!